EA skipped a Battlefront campaign because "very few" would play it

XTankSlayerX

I loved Battlefield campaigns :(

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Haven't they learned from TitanFall?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I play way more single player than multi player.

But im sure they know best. Titanfall was just a massive success.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

But Star Wars is the franchise for awesome single player games/campaings!!!! Why you do this EA?  :blink:

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

Poor choice EA. I'm really dissapointed with EA. Milking every drop of money out of every title they have.

I'm glad they are skipping the campaign this time though, because they would actually screw it up due to lack of attention!

A single player will only be played if you make it a great single player like BF2 actually had in my opinion.

I'll wait for more in game footage to come out, as well as better reviews before buying this. I won't say the exclusion of a campaign is a deal breaker for me, but I was hoping to have something that would provide with a pretty good story to play through, then hit up the multiplayer.

If the game starts getting negative reviews, the price will drop pretty rapidly I think. 

Does the multiplayer feature require a subscription to play? If so, then it would seem this was the focus all along and it's designed to be a steady stream of income for the company. 

Sad that there will be no SP. That is an important part of the game for people who just want an immersive experience, and, as EA knows all too well, the part of the game that people go to when they have connection issues.

If this is the path that they choose, then they better be ready for the flood of players on launch connecting to all of their servers, lest they repeat the SimCity 2013 debacle.

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I'll wait for more in game footage to come out, as well as better reviews before buying this. I won't say the exclusion of a campaign is a deal breaker for me, but I was hoping to have something that would provide with a pretty good story to play through, then hit up the multiplayer.

If the game starts getting negative reviews, the price will drop pretty rapidly I think. 

Does the multiplayer feature require a subscription to play? If so, then it would seem this was the focus all along and it's designed to be a steady stream of income for the company. 

So far there has been no indication that it will require a subscription - no previous Battlefield nor Battlefront game has ever required a subscription.

I do not believe this will be the case, and no one has mentioned this as a possibility or even a rumour.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well, maybe if EA could actually make a solid FPS campaign, like they used to be able to, maybe people would actually care for one. I know I would. I enjoy playing single player FPS games. Sounds more like they can't be arsed more than anything. Still, the game has less features, or less than we know of than the originals. And for more money. Not worth it anyway, in my opinion. 

It's also Star Wars, a franchise that has a solid story line and mythos. They could easily pull something out of the bag with Star Wars. Highly disappointed with what I have seen so far. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"