EA skipped a Battlefront campaign because "very few" would play it

XTankSlayerX

Frankly, I just really want them to release Republic Commando 2 :P

Yep that was a very under-rated game. Solid mechanics, great music. And now with all the clone wars lore they have plenty of scope to make another one.

fine, then don't charge £60 for the game. or £100 for special edition.

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

People don't play the campaign because EA is the developer, and we all know what crappy campaigns they've made in the last few years.

Ye ole' train

That's it. There is no final straw here because they threw it out with the rest of the mechanics, features and modes. There is absolutely NO reason for me to buy this game anymore. It's a battlefront game in name only.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

This would be a good decision if it was another BF title.

But this is StarWars, they are making money on movie that everyone loves and I believe that majority of people will buy it just because it's star wars and not because it's another futuristic FPS game.

-1  :(

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Yeah not playing EA single player is quite common i find, however that's EA for me i found that they never seem to make good Campaigns.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

wow that is really stupid, if it was  any dont give a fuk IP ok!... but not with star wars, ppl are expecting a storyline, they are setting the game to be a failure from the get go.

I actually liked campaign of BF3 but COD campaign are just better than BF.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Seems no one wants to develop good single player games anymore... too hard basket :/

Star Wars would be THE game to do a quality single player campaign.

in my honest opinion i think singleplayer campaign is a huge part of the game, and that they can't just remove it because "very few play it" I love spending the 20 or so hours that it takes to finish a campain before i even start the multiplayer. It really disappoints me that EA is making battlefront because they take a bunch of shortcuts like this. Not gonna lie though, the graphics look beautiful.

I love sp star wars campaigns. Two of the games I keep returning to are kotor and kotor 2 just because they are awesome. Bf 2 campaign was enjoyable to me but I spent a lot of time doing space battles. Just loved them for me, bigger space maps with more stuff happening would be awesome. This game had the potential to make me install origin but, as it is, no.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

I'd like campaign personally. If I recall correctly (PS2 days were a while ago :P) I did play and enjoy the campaign for BF2..

If they REALLY up the quality of multiplayer it isn't a bad thing but I really doubt that :(.

MANY casual gamers like myself play the SP mode until we get good as we have to compete with all those teens who spend half their life in games and know every trick to get kills.  I personally have not played many games online as I got tired of getting killed within seconds of joining and instead enjoy their SP side.  Plus when you have little children, you have to be able to pause a game at a moments notice when something happens.

To not include a single player side in any game is just plain stupid!

EA this is not one of your games, Battefront must have campaign. They´re aiming the game at the wrong player base doing that.

Oh well, just EA things.

Build & peripherals:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k & Noctua NH-D15  | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD | Video Card: ASUS GeForce Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | Power Supply: Corsair CX600M V2 80+ Bronze | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitors: ASUS VG 248QE & ASUS VS229HR | Headset: Hyper X Cloud II

I would play a single player campaign. I love single player! Maybe it's because I don't have many friends that love games as much as I do.  :(

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

We just need another Jedi Knight game.  Kyle Katarn has to have more adventures.  That should scratch the SP itch.

From what I remember about previous Battlefront games was that the SP was just deathmatch and objective modes against bots.  I'm not really too upset about this because I was planning on buying this for multiplayer and because Star Wars.  I felt that Titanfall should have had at least some sort of campaign (not the MP mode with a few cutscenes).  Being a new franchise it would have been awesome to have a little backstory and get to know the characters that are always informing you when your titan is ready.  It is unfortunate for those who want to play SP, but at this point I'd rather have just MP than both with a really shoddy story.

I always play the SP first before jumping in MP. i get used to the game first, then im ready.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

I enjoyed both Battlefield 3&4 campaigns.And yet they don't reduce the price of the game? Typical EA scam and those multiple editions omg people still fall for that BS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Of course they didn't do a campaign that would've been a complete waste of resources as Visceral is already working on story based Star Wars game.
It was a good decision to focus all the resources on multiplayer they should've done this years ago with Battlefield.

RTX2070OC 

EA pulling bullshit out of their asses as usual. Battlefield 4 with Star Wars skin. No thanks.

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

We just need another Jedi Knight game. Kyle Katarn has to have more adventures. That should scratch the SP itch.

Unfortunately for JK fans I'm sure Disney from this point onwards will want all new content to be canon. They won't allow anything new that interferes with their post-ROTJ timeline culminating in The Force Awakens + new trilogy. Kyle Katarn does not fit in unless they do a reboot of his character and write it to fit into the new continuity.

Nobody likes the SP for CoD or BF because they don't really have a story. Star wars on the other hand has a very complex and deep story, it's pretty easy to do something that adds to the whole picture and also give a good SP.

Titanfall was a mess. Probably for a reason.