Razer made a light up (non rgb) prepaid credit card

spartaman64

Gaming peripheral company Razer is known for making a lot of... interesting products that go well beyond its core PC hardware market. But nothing prepared me for today’s news of Razer’s latest venture: a light-up prepaid credit card.

That’s right. Razer has created its very own card that lights up, and I am more surprised it doesn’t have RGB lighting than it exists at all. Still, the Razer logo on the front of the card glows in the company’s signature green each time you use it for contactless payments, which is a nice touch. There are two other ways to get the card: a virtual version for a digital wallet app or a standard black card, which does not light up.

Now, you’re probably asking yourself “Why does this exist?” Well, the card is designed so customers can earn some of Razer’s “unique gamified rewards.” Razer says its reward system is different than loyalty programs, as it allows card holders to track, score, and redeem rewards based on tasks and everyday transactions.

The card is currently in beta, so customers can get a temporary 10 percent discount on purchases through Razer’s online store with the chance to redeem “up to $2,000 worth of Razer gear and free card upgrades.” Razer did not detail what type of rewards would be redeemable, but I’d like to think at least one of the rewards might be a gaming laptop.

Unfortunately, the light-up Razer card’s beta is only available in Singapore to the first 1,337 people who sign up for it.

Premium_Card.png

source: https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2020/10/6/21504004/razer-light-up-prepaid-card-rgb-lighting-rewards

No rgb? A huge disappointment from razer smh. Also I wonder how it works like do I need to charge it? Welcome to 2020 where you have to change batteries or charge your credit card with electricity.

I'm sure these customers are going to make a ton of Razer purchases based on how shoddy the long term quality of their products are.

There, your mandated joke about Razer quality and reliability whenever there's a news topic about them. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I'm not gonna lie.

It's an awesome looking concept. Give me a thin line of neon purple around the very edge of the card and I'm sold.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It looks like this is Singapore-only right now. If it ever does make its way to the US, I will have lots of questions to post about it that, while not revealing too much about myself, will at least give everyone a good idea of what I do for a living.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Late stage capitalism designer credit cards.

OR, early cyber punk dystopian future credit cards.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Gaming card, literally.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

and it will stop working after a couple of uses... like everything Razer

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

Gaming card, literally.

Yes all cool kids have a gaming card

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

I love this but your right it definitely needs rgb. 

Wouldn't it be cool if in the future your cards not only lit up but you could also talk to them.

Like plug them into a port on your laptop someday to choose voice type personality settings?

You could ask it questions and it would answer instead of you having to look at your statement.

The card could be like cell connected to its bank servers all the time for the AI maybe?

I think everyone would go crazy for those kinds of cards.  🤩

I want it.  😁

15 hours ago, PeterT said:

tenor.gif

Apple made one

Prepaid debit is one of the most predatory financial schemes out there. Your money isn’t insured on them for a reason.

Get a checking account with a debit card, simple.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Razer reply -  The next revolution in gaming has arrived. Meet the Razer Card - Featuring true 1% cashback on all spends, global acceptance, and rewards tailored to suit the lifestyle of any gamer, this sleek card is now being offered to 1,337 beta-testers exclusively in Singapore. Join the program today to help us refine it and keep the perks and rewards you earn along the way. Top testers stand a chance to be rewarded with Razer gear, and possibly even a Razer Blade gaming laptop.

Sources

https://www.razer.com/sg-en/razer-card

razer card.jpg

razer card (gaming).jpg

-Topics merged-

Take your game global with more than 61 million Visa acceptance points worldwide

So it's a visa with a 1% cash back...

It doesn't go into detail what other "Razer gaming" rewards are, and it's limitation to Singapore make this a hard sell. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Why did I think Razer made a graphics card while reading the title?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Pretty much the same thing Apple is doing with their credit cards

I am not an expert! I have had experience building computers but in no way am I Linus! Please correct me if I am wrong, I would love to here your feedback!

Have a good day!

Sure this will attract the opposite sex! Especially those born in Mordor.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I would love this kind of credit card

razer is like apple in alot of ways

blades vs macbooks

this vs apple credit card

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang