Intel Core i9 (any gen) + RTX 4070 combination under $1300?

Go to solution Solved by 8tg,

$1300, 12900k so two generations back but still on LGA1700 so you could on paper upgrade to a 14900k later

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4Jg4TY

Micro atx in an AP201, so top mount 360mm aio. That aio price is real, it’s thermalright clearing out their stock on Amazon. 
It’s pretty weird to see a galax card show up on regular retailers in the US marker but there it is, triple fan so better than any of the lower end dual options.

Hello,

Looking for a commercially available desktop pc or laptop with any combination of an Intel Core i9 (any generation) + RTX 4070 graphics card, for under $1300

Similar to this - https://www.notebookcheck.net/RTX-4070-powered-Dell-G16-gaming-laptop-with-Core-i9-and-32GB-RAM-is-600-off-today.832817.0.html

Any sleuths able to help me fish this out?

Thanks,

Toofi

7 minutes ago, Tufi said:

Intel Core i9 (any generation

do you understand the relationship between a products name and the products speed? becuase saying any generation i9 would indicate you may not be aware that they aren't all new or fast

8 minutes ago, Tufi said:

desktop pc or laptop

also , do you need a desktop or a laptop , becuase it would be quite unwise to shop for a laptop if you don't need a laptop

1 minute ago, emosun said:

do you understand the relationship between a products name and the products speed? becuase saying any generation i9 would indicate you may not be aware that they aren't all new or fast

Not sure how or why this is relevant. I listed an example (feel free to review the link I provided in my post) of a similar build with the two components integrated into a commercially available unit. Care to clarify?

2 minutes ago, Tufi said:

Care to clarify?

the i9 has been a product for 7 years and a first generation example would run hotter and be slower than a newer generation cpu that is not an i9. It would also fit into your requirements that it be under 1300$ and be an i9.

simply put , purposefully saying "any generation" i9 is a very weird thing to have as a requirement. Having an older gen i9 would be a downgrade from a newer gen cpu that isn't an i9.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

simply put , purposefully saying "any generation" i9 is a very weird thing to have as a requirement. Having an older gen i9 would be a downgrade from a newer gen cpu that isn't an i9.

I never said it was a "requirement", those are your own words. Feel free to re-read my initial post.

I said "any generation" to allow for the flexibility of the build, which further implies that I'm not necessarily looking for a new or efficient build. If an older generation i9 and RTX 4070 combination gets me underneath the $1300 threshold, then, I'm sold. If none exist, then, so be it.

Make sense?

4 minutes ago, Tufi said:

I never said it was a "requirement"

29 minutes ago, Tufi said:

Looking for a commercially available desktop pc or laptop with any combination of an Intel Core i9 (any generation) + RTX 4070 graphics card, for under $1300

Yes, I asked if a particular build existed at a particular price point. If anything, the price point of $1300 would be the requirement, not the build itself. Understand?

$1300, 12900k so two generations back but still on LGA1700 so you could on paper upgrade to a 14900k later

Micro atx in an AP201, so top mount 360mm aio. That aio price is real, it’s thermalright clearing out their stock on Amazon. 
It’s pretty weird to see a galax card show up on regular retailers in the US marker but there it is, triple fan so better than any of the lower end dual options.

16 hours ago, 8tg said:

Absolute chad, thank you very much.