Looking For Premium Gaming Monitor at or less than $1000 CAD

Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

If you want to go all out on your budget, get an OLED: LG 27GS95QE-B 27.0" 2560 x 1440 240 Hz Monitor (27GS95QE-B) - PCPartPicker

OLED ensures you will have the best possible image quality and motion performance in most situations. Unless you're doing your daily work on the same monitor, the risk of burn in should be negligible.

Budget (including currency): $1000 CAD

I am looking for a beast 1440p or 4k monitor, I will be using this for Gaming and watching content like movies and anime, I have a system that has a 4080 super, and I want a screen that is bright and color accurate (500+ nits full screen if possible, 90% or higher on dcip) $1000 cad before tax is the max I'm willing to spend so cheaper is better, but I'd rather spend $1000 on something good than spend 500-600 on something ok, any help is appreciated, and bonus points if you can add a nice keyboard in this budget (i already have a good mouse)

Thanks in Advance.

For what exactly? Just saying what you said above means absolutely nothing and does nothing to help you.

Is it for Gaming? Is it for color accurate work?

Do you actually have any idea what Nits are and how they function or are you just reading spec sheets and youtube videos that say it. 500+ nits means very little as that isnt an accurate way of measuring stuff. For instance some Oled monitors hit 1000 Nits peak, but on a full screen window its about 250 nits.

5 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

For what exactly? Just saying what you said above means absolutely nothing and does nothing to help you.

Is it for Gaming? Is it for color accurate work?

Do you actually have any idea what Nits are and how they function or are you just reading spec sheets and youtube videos that say it. 500+ nits means very little as that isnt an accurate way of measuring stuff. For instance some Oled monitors hit 1000 Nits peak, but on a full screen window its about 250 nits.

Thanks for telling me I just edited the post I need it for gaming and watching content. Also I know about the 1 percent windows that's why I did not mention 1000 nits as not many displays hit that at full screen at that price range, I'm looking for something that has 400-500 nits full screen and I've edited the post to reflect that.

So with that requirement you've cut out all but the highest end OLED's, but those are all well out of your price range anyway. Unfortunately even the cheaper ones are too. Last years 27" 1440p 240Hz OLED is right at $999 CAD. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/8cKscf/lg-27gs95qe-b-270-2560-x-1440-240-hz-monitor-27gs95qe-b 

Frankly, it sounds like you don't have very much real world experience and are just listing specs you think you need but don't. There are cheaper Mini-LED panels coming to market that have fantastic brightness and HDR capability for much more affordable prices. If brightness is a real sticking point, that's where you want to be looking. I can't seem to find this in stock in Canada but it retails for $280 US when its in stock. Got extremely popular after this review and doesn't stay in stock for long.

I'm inclined to believe, with the poor HDR support on PC monitors in general, bad implementations, etc... that monitor is NOT a perfect purchase.

Just get the MSI 34 QD-OLED, I'm pondering to pick one up for myself as well...

6 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I'm inclined to believe, with the poor HDR support on PC monitors in general, bad implementations, etc... that monitor is NOT a perfect purchase.

Just get the MSI 34 QD-OLED, I'm pondering to pick one up for myself as well...

thanks man ill look into it 

30 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

So with that requirement you've cut out all but the highest end OLED's, but those are all well out of your price range anyway. Unfortunately even the cheaper ones are too. Last years 27" 1440p 240Hz OLED is right at $999 CAD. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/8cKscf/lg-27gs95qe-b-270-2560-x-1440-240-hz-monitor-27gs95qe-b 

Frankly, it sounds like you don't have very much real world experience and are just listing specs you think you need but don't. There are cheaper Mini-LED panels coming to market that have fantastic brightness and HDR capability for much more affordable prices. If brightness is a real sticking point, that's where you want to be looking. I can't seem to find this in stock in Canada but it retails for $280 US when its in stock. Got extremely popular after this review and doesn't stay in stock for long.

bro whats with the agression I wrote if possible and ive found at least one monitor that fits that description and its on sale right now for $999 at best buy its the new msi 27 inch 240hz oled, no need to question my intelligence.

58 minutes ago, Supreme_Being said:

bro whats with the agression I wrote if possible and ive found at least one monitor that fits that description and its on sale right now for $999 at best buy its the new msi 27 inch 240hz oled, no need to question my intelligence.

You basically asked for an attribute that nobody ever takes into consideration in that manner, by asking for straight up nits. It’s just indicative of not really knowing what you’re talking about when it comes to monitor qualities, and pairing that with the really vague other requirements of color accurate and being for a mixed use case? 
Youre basically asking for any monitor that exists somewhere around the sub $1000 price point.

Color accuracy is really only a metric people doing content creation take into play, because the purpose of monitor color accuracy isn’t that the sky looks the same blue as the developers intended in cyberpunk, it’s so there’s a consistent and accurate baseline for people who refer irl content to a digital workspace. A photographer doing photo editing needs a color accurate display for their work. Videographers mixing scenes need a color accurate display so each scene can be given the same color profile using a known reference. Gaming and anime do not need a color accurate screen beyond not just looking bad in terms of color composition.

Of which basically any gaming monitor over $200 will have more than adequate color accuracy in that sense. 

You just have a really weird request and it looks like you’ve read a bunch of reviews and benchmarks and have come to the conclusion that premium products inherently have these qualities without knowing what those qualities mean.

14 hours ago, 8tg said:

You basically asked for an attribute that nobody ever takes into consideration in that manner, by asking for straight up nits. It’s just indicative of not really knowing what you’re talking about when it comes to monitor qualities, and pairing that with the really vague other requirements of color accurate and being for a mixed use case? 
Youre basically asking for any monitor that exists somewhere around the sub $1000 price point.

Color accuracy is really only a metric people doing content creation take into play, because the purpose of monitor color accuracy isn’t that the sky looks the same blue as the developers intended in cyberpunk, it’s so there’s a consistent and accurate baseline for people who refer irl content to a digital workspace. A photographer doing photo editing needs a color accurate display for their work. Videographers mixing scenes need a color accurate display so each scene can be given the same color profile using a known reference. Gaming and anime do not need a color accurate screen beyond not just looking bad in terms of color composition.

Of which basically any gaming monitor over $200 will have more than adequate color accuracy in that sense. 

You just have a really weird request and it looks like you’ve read a bunch of reviews and benchmarks and have come to the conclusion that premium products inherently have these qualities without knowing what those qualities mean.

i get what you are saying so basically my request should have been for a bright and color accurate monitor under 1k is that better? still what the previous guy said could have been said without the aggression he could have just simply said my requirements are only met by high end monitors that are above 1k and that could have just been that.

If you want to go all out on your budget, get an OLED: LG 27GS95QE-B 27.0" 2560 x 1440 240 Hz Monitor (27GS95QE-B) - PCPartPicker

OLED ensures you will have the best possible image quality and motion performance in most situations. Unless you're doing your daily work on the same monitor, the risk of burn in should be negligible.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.