Ryzen 3000 series might have more than 8 cores

19_blackie_73

MSI hat ein Werbevideo zu seinen B450-Mainboards veröffentlicht, das eine Anmerkung zur CPU-Unterstützung enthält: Die Platinen sollen CPUs mit acht Kernen "und mehr" unterstützen. So manch einer mag das jetzt auf Zen 2 alias Ryzen 3000 münzen, der kommendes Jahr mit 12 oder gar 16 Kernen pro Siliziumchip erscheinen könnte. 7-nm-Fertigung sei Dank.

[....]

Wie der Webseite overclock3d.net aufgefallen ist, gibt der Hersteller darin an, dass das Layout und die Spannungswandler für CPUs mit acht Kernen "und mehr" ausgelegt seien.

in summary for all who don't understand german:

Seems like MSI intentionally or unintentionally teased in their ad for a B450 motherboard that more than 8 cores might come to the AM4 platform. Thanks to 7nm manufacturing methods, each single zen2-die could have 12 cores. In the ad MSI said that the power delivery is designed for "8 cores and more".

source: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Zen-Architektur-261795/News/Ryzen-3000-MSI-B450-12-Kerne-1261166/

Seems the next logical step for me, and I like what they did to the market already. Thanks to them we see nowadays more cores on mainstream and intel now forced to deliver, I'm very interested whether they really start to solder the IHS again on mainstream, I hope the rumors are true for both topics, more cores are always nice and means that if you don't need so many cores, they also become cheaper which wasn't the case before AMD came back to life.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

MSI world leader in cringy youtube videos.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Seems like fun to me, though there's no chance that the anemic VRM on that board will happily handle a 10-12 core.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

skipped that intentionally and summarized the whole article, because most of the forum uses english. But if you so desire....

You can translate it with Google Translate or something. It's not all that accurate but we can piece it together.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Yes! Make me a 6-8 core APU with navi/7nm vega so I can not only do light gaming, but also stream it without a GPU.

4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

12 cores would be mad crazy on a consumer platform, honestly.

yeah true, but even 8 cores are crazy so why not go balls to the wall ;)
And if that means that the 4c/8t and 6c/12t counterparts will be way cheaper, i wouldn't complain :)

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

6 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Seems like MSI intentionally or unintentionally teased in their ad for a B450 motherboard that more than 8 cores might come to the AM4 platform

Not really.

It just means that there might be something for future use.

I'd not overrate "and more". That can mean nothing at all at worst...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Soon first gen Threadripper is going to be Ryzen 4000.

Also, please translate the quote before posting.

hi.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

You can translate it with Google Translate or something. It's not all that accurate but we can piece it together.

Its not really interesting. It only says that MSI said in a Video that the Board supports 8 cores or more. That's about it.

In German its not something that important, can mean nothing at worst.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Isnt this old news? People have been predicting this for 6 months now

Who and where?

5 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Not really.

It just means that there might be something for future use.

I'd not overrate "and more". That can mean nothing at all at worst...

true, but everything is kindoff meaningless until the actual product drops and then we know what they were up to. BTW greetings from the south ;)

and that's why i didn't bother at all and just wrote a 2 sentence summary...

- Ryzen Build -

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Who and where?

Dont remember and dont remember.

But rumours at least around newyear had it saying that Zen 2 had 6 or 8 core CCX's. 

Probably wccftech 

Could be misstaken though

It had better, I don't want another 6 years of small ipc improvements

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

... Cannot wait for Intel's new 10700k....

This is exciting if true. I mean they gave enough space that they won't be cannibalizing their TR lineup.

Not sure Intel could do that without creating their own problems??

Imagine my shock, 40% die shrink at the same yield? ofcourse they will add cores, i would only hope they instead drop the prices from the yields gain, but no chance for that to happen, they will keep the price point and add more cores for higher prices until we see some serious competition or technology advances a lot.

14 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

... Cannot wait for Intel's new 10700k....

This is exciting if true. I mean they gave enough space that they won't be cannibalizing their TR lineup.

Not sure Intel could do that without creating their own problems??

LoL they really need a new naming scheme 10700k will not work at all

28 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Dont remember and dont remember.

But rumours at least around newyear had it saying that Zen 2 had 6 or 8 core CCX's. 

Probably wccftech 

Could be misstaken though

Well tbh MSI is a better source than WCCFtech even tho MSI is more of an indication than a confirmation right now.

Personally i hope that AMD keeps pushing with the MOAR COREZ idea. It seems like for now it's the best way for amd to put pressure on intel and help the market forward.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I have been expecting 12c zen2 AM4 and 6c zen2 APU AM4 CPUs for about a year, it would really push the market again. and force intel to have a 8c out by that time.

my thoughts is that the 12c will be the 3800x at a high price like 400-500 and the 10c would replace the 2700x (3700x) at around the same price point.

and for APUs a 6c 16-24cu GPU for a R7 APU, that would make a monster SFF workstation PC.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 hour ago, yian88 said:

Imagine my shock, 40% die shrink at the same yield? ofcourse they will add cores, i would only hope they instead drop the prices from the yields gain, but no chance for that to happen, they will keep the price point and add more cores for higher prices until we see some serious competition or technology advances a lot.

I'd like to see that too, but unfortunately you have to add something lest you look like you're falling behind.

And I'm not so thrilled about trying to add more cores for the sake of adding more cores. Maybe for the enthusiast and the would-be gamer/streamer, but that's like a tiny portion of the market.

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Isnt this old news? People have been predicting this for 6 months now

2nd generation of Epyc was roadmapped to be 12c per die. We've known 12c is coming next, but we're not sure the exact form. We're expecting 16c right after, as well.

However, we don't know what'll show up on Desktop. That's still a very open question. (We could see 9 core setups. We'll just have to wait & see.)

26 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

2nd generation of Epyc was roadmapped to be 12c per die. We've known 12c is coming next, but we're not sure the exact form. We're expecting 16c right after, as well.

However, we don't know what'll show up on Desktop. That's still a very open question. (We could see 9 core setups. We'll just have to wait & see.)

Hopefully AMD doesnt decide to cut down their consumer stuff. This is the first time in years they have had the initative. They should keep giving out what theyve got, just like they did with the 32 core threadripper.

An 8 core soldered cannonlake chip is all I want.

Make it so, Intel.

AMD > $300 12-cores

Intel > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AMD > $50 quad cores 

Intel > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AMD > 7nm Vega

nVidia > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Intel > Cannon Lake?

AMD > haha 32 core threadripper

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Call me in another 2+ years when improvements over gen 1 Ryzen is worth upgrading from.