Thumbnail view for folders on Windows 11

Mysterion04

Hi, sorry for my bad english, but i need you help.

I have windows 11 and 1 setting bothers me for a long time. The Thumbnail view for folders.

When i have folders just with pictures in it it always give me the first picture as thumbnail on the folder. Which is what i like and want so i can see what's in the folder directly without opening it.

But whenever I have pictures and just 1 video in it. It always give me the video icon (VLC player). It doesnt matter in which place the video is. On first or last place in the folder, it always give meautomatically the vlc icon as folder thumbnail.

I even changed the folder settings  - adjust - folder type - pictures. But nothing changes.

So how can I do it? Can you even do it? I think it's just a settings problem, right?

And is there something, with a app, extiension or whatever, to make the folder look like windows 10 again? So you can see the whole full picture on the folder thumbnail and not like only the half, since the bottom half is covered in yellow from the folder. When Windows 11 was released there wasnt even an option for a folder thumbnail. I hope Windows 12 comes soon and will be better then 11 which i doubt. #BringBackWindows7

Thanks

ordner.png

Is it being ordered by file type inside? If so order by png/jpg and maybe it will fix it

Apprentice Software Developer

19 hours ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Is it being ordered by file type inside? If so order by png/jpg and maybe it will fix it

I don't understand 😢