KFC releases it's own Gaming Console, possibly faster than XBox or Playstation... oh and it warms Chicken

rcmaehl

Summary

KFC has released the KFConsole, A custom Intel Extreme NUC for gaming that also keeps your Chicken warm while gaming.

Media

Quotes

Teased this summer with more details being served up today, the KFConsole is a real-life gaming system built from an Intel NUC. It was easy to write the KFConsole off as a joke in June, when KFC posted... on its KFC Gaming Twitter account showing off what appeared to be a bucket-shaped PC... “equipped with a chicken chamber.” The restaurant... claimed to be prepping its first gaming console just as gamers were getting ready for the release of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. Originally, KFC promised a November 12 release date, but that was pushed back. Today, KFC announced that it indeed created a KFConsole by tagging in Cooler Master to help create a bucket-shaped PC capable of playing games. That bucket is actually an Intel NUC mini PC modded to look like and actually serve as fried chicken storage by pro modder and Cooler Master CMODX team member Tim “Timpelay” Malmborg. “The hardest part was definitely figuring out the entire internal layout to get it as compact as possible and still have sufficient cooling for the hardware,”... “The cylindrical bucket design and the chicken bay [are] two separate features that by themselves [are] challenging to work with. And then combined with a high-performance PC, well, I had to spend days creating the 3D model for it.” When we asked Cooler Master for the KFConsole’s full recipe, a rep would only tell us that it’s an “Intel NUC 9 Extreme Element at its core with a modified Cooler Master MasterCase NC100,” as well an Asus RTX graphics card and 1TB of Seagate NVME SSD storage. The Intel NUC 9 Extreme Compute Element we tested was specced with an Intel Core i9-9980HK CPU, but we haven’t gotten confirmation. Heat from the computer's components is transported to the chicken chamber, helping to keep your hardware cool and chicken warm. KFC’s... said the console’s cooling system was built to “extract system heat through around the outside of the chicken chamber, ensuring that the hardware is kept at a regular core temperature while simultaneously delivering a piping-hot meal.” When asked if the KFConsole is viewed as a rival to Sony and Microsoft's next-gen consoles, the exec said, "We like to think we’ve built a competitive system with the specs we have in it." Cooler Master community and event manager Ann Ann Kao told us the partnership made sense to the vendor due to its connection with the PC modding community, which also includes the Cooler Master Case Mod World Series. “These guys can recreate cars, superheroes, sharks, tanks into PCs, so a bucket was definitely doable”

My thoughts
This is spicier than KFC's Spicy Chicken sandwich. It's likely going to be a small promotional run and will be probably the price of a regular Intel 9 Extreme NUC ($1400 USD or so), however. Regardless, it definitely sounds extremely well spec'd... the wife is due for an upgrade and it'd be stupidly hilarious to grab this. Would you buy this for a gaming PC and if so, for what price? 

Sources

Tech Radar

WCCF Tech

Cooler Master (Product Page)

Tom's Hardware (Quote Source)

Edited by rcmaehl
Fixed project page

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Imagine the smell.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I was just coming to post this.  I hope LTT can get one for review, lol..

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

But... April 1st is still quite a while away 🤔

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

But... April 1st is still quite a while away 🤔

It's actually really real.   Check the sources on the OP.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

7 minutes ago, zombienerd said:

It's actually really real.   Check the sources on the OP.

I know... still WTF enough regardless.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

5 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

so we can safely say you need a lobotomy on your resume before going to work for KFC corpo

I mean it isn't the first time KFC has done crazy partnerships. Their Japan/China counterparts are especially crazy

https://dronedj.com/2019/09/07/kfc-drones-deliver-chicken-china/

https://www.cnet.com/news/kfc-fried-chicken-keyboard-its-finger-clicking-good/

https://www.cnet.com/news/so-kfc-japan-has-a-fried-chicken-iphone-case-too/

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

best part about it is it's actually a mini PC

so it will probably run cyberpunk better than actual consoles

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

best part about it is it's actually a mini PC

so it will probably run cyberpunk better than actual consoles

It'll also warm your burritos

WTF this thing actually exists now...

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

46 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Imagine the smell.

🤤

I'll take two!

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

so literally just a KFC branded NUC?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

so literally just a KFC branded NUC?

Ya but this NUC is finger lickin' good

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, WillOfTheLand said:

https://landing.coolermaster.com/kfconsole/

So this is a thing. If it was april fools I would think it's a joke, but it's not.

lol. Thats not fake at all....

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

5 minutes ago, WillOfTheLand said:

I guarantee that its fake. delete the "landing" from the cookies. or try to click on the cooler master logo at the top.

When you delete the "landing" part of the cookies it brings you to cooler masters 404 page. Or when you click on the coolermaster logo it just brings you to the KFC page. Its a joke.

EDIT:

It says with a 2070 SUPER, and it also claims 240FPS at 4k. IDK about you, but to me, that sounds like a bit of baloney.

Edited by MarvintheParrot

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

I can't breathe. As the guy on the wccftech review, this is most definitely peak 2020, lmao

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Ew, keep that chicken away from my PC. Last thing I'd want is grease stains on my Keyboard and mouse.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Would you buy this for a gaming PC and if so, for what price? 

I wouldn't go near a KFC, let alone buy this. Cooler Master shoud be ashamed of themselves for partnering with such filth.

https://landing.coolermaster.com/kfconsole/

Spec-wise, their website writes:

====

Never run out of space for games

Unleashing the performance of PCIe NVMe speeds that are 6× faster. Booting games up in seconds and instantly access data while loading games. We’ve taken your data to the next level of performance, reliability, and efficiency with two Seagate® BarraCuda® 1TB SSD.

====

2TB. Hah! Their video plays like a parody, and their website reads like one.

I have several questions.

1. What the fuck?

2. What the fuck?

3. Why?

4. What the fuck?

5. Does anyone actually care for this?

6. What the fuck?

7. What kind of paint glue mixture did they sniff when they thought of this?

8. What the fuck?

I must be forgetting one.

Oh,

9. What the fuck?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB