KFC releases it's own Gaming Console, possibly faster than XBox or Playstation... oh and it warms Chicken

rcmaehl

My life has now a purpose

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

4 hours ago, leadeater said:

Who remembers the 10900KFC rumors?

Please Intel, whatever CPU is going in this officially name the CPU SKU in this with the KFC suffix. DO IT!

10900KFC?

Nice...

19 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Cooler Master (Product Page)

You're linking back to the forum there bud.

I'm guessing you wanted to link this one
https://landing.coolermaster.com/kfconsole/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

23 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Summary

KFC has released the KFConsole, A custom Intel Extreme NUC for gaming that also keeps your Chicken warm while gaming.

Media

Quotes

My thoughts
This is spicier than KFC's Spicy Chicken sandwich. It's likely going to be a small promotional run and will be probably the price of a regular Intel 9 Extreme NUC ($1400 USD or so), however. Regardless, it definitely sounds extremely well spec'd... the wife is due for an upgrade and it'd be stupidly hilarious to grab this. Would you buy this for a gaming PC and if so, for what price? 

Sources

Tech Radar

WCCF Tech

Cooler Master (Product Page)

Tom's Hardware (Quote Source)

I was quite literally about to post this after it appeared in my feed… Heres the Google News story, so you can see different sources on the topic.

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

You're linking back to the forum there bud.

I'm guessing you wanted to link this one

OOP

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Should'a gone with a Vega 64 for cheap heat.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

American food chain restaurants will do ANYTHING to get you to buy their stuff EXCEPT making edible food.

Should I mention the double irony of the name KFConsloe?

Not only is KFC a brand reference to Kentucky Fried Chicken, but it also refers to the three different units of measuring temperature (Kelvin, Fahrenheit, Celsius)

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

2 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

American food chain restaurants will do ANYTHING to get you to buy their stuff EXCEPT making edible food.

Well, there is some truth in that. But with KFC, KFC's brand is very much "I'm still cool", because it's never been marketed to kids. Or at least as long as I can remember. Wendys and McDonalds were always marketed at kids, with McDonalds being almost exclusively kid-targeted. A&W in Canada is very heavily marketed here. Arbys I always see ads for despite them being almost completely absent from Metro Vancouver, likewise Good luck trying to find a Taco Bell.

Taco Bell is owned by the same parent company as KFC, which is why it's strange why there are so many KFC's in metro Vancouver, but zero Taco Bell's. So if I were to suggest anything, the company (Yum brands) tries hard to keep the KFC brand relevant, without being toxic. A KFC video game? A KFC Movie? A KFC game console? It's all about keeping the brand in peoples mind. When you ask someone where you live what is the first brand they think of when you ask about fried Chicken, it'll probably be KFC, because KFC is everywhere. You can't say the same for any other chain, because none of those other chains tend to be international. Like there are KFC references in a lot of Japanese culture stuff, and KFC doesn't even need to be namedropped for people to get it.

https://journeytothewiredwest.com/anime/the-curse-of-colonel-sanders/

alternatively

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Colonel

Like I can't even name another foreign fast food presence in Japanese culture other than 7-11

Dr.Pepper shows up in several things, but even Dr.Pepper isn't as popular as KFC in Japanese culture.

46 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Well, there is some truth in that. But with KFC, KFC's brand is very much "I'm still cool", because it's never been marketed to kids. Or at least as long as I can remember. Wendys and McDonalds were always marketed at kids, with McDonalds being almost exclusively kid-targeted. A&W in Canada is very heavily marketed here. Arbys I always see ads for despite them being almost completely absent from Metro Vancouver, likewise Good luck trying to find a Taco Bell.

Taco Bell is owned by the same parent company as KFC, which is why it's strange why there are so many KFC's in metro Vancouver, but zero Taco Bell's. So if I were to suggest anything, the company (Yum brands) tries hard to keep the KFC brand relevant, without being toxic. A KFC video game? A KFC Movie? A KFC game console? It's all about keeping the brand in peoples mind. When you ask someone where you live what is the first brand they think of when you ask about fried Chicken, it'll probably be KFC, because KFC is everywhere. You can't say the same for any other chain, because none of those other chains tend to be international. Like there are KFC references in a lot of Japanese culture stuff, and KFC doesn't even need to be namedropped for people to get it.

https://journeytothewiredwest.com/anime/the-curse-of-colonel-sanders/

alternatively

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Colonel

Like I can't even name another foreign fast food presence in Japanese culture other than 7-11

Dr.Pepper shows up in several things, but even Dr.Pepper isn't as popular as KFC in Japanese culture.

Yeah I have to say publicity stuns like this are rather effective. I mean they even got a whole post on this forum with tons of people talking about it from it. I doubt a simple TV commercial would do the same thing for them. 

3 hours ago, Kisai said:

Steins;Gate : Dr Pepper (S;G E26) - YouTube

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

23 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Steins;Gate : Dr Pepper (S;G E26) - YouTube

My understanding is the whole Japanese KFC thing is at one point there were almost no turkeys in Japan so KFC did this wildly successful “KFC for Christmas” thing.  In Japan KFC is Christmas food.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I think that it would make a perfect item for an episode , be it benchmarking or teardown, or both ( or just snacks eating... )

Oh my lord. I thought the literal fan case was already extreme that one takes the cake. Or the chicken 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

28 minutes ago, mazzinia said:

I think that it would make a perfect item for an episode , be it benchmarking or teardown, or both ( or just snacks eating... )

Thread merged with the existing discussion on the topic.

You can also suggest this as a video idea for LTT here in this topic:

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Also, looking at it more, the GPU looks like it's an RTX 2060.

Whatever the specs are, I am pretty convinced that this is a marketing exercise, not unlike the Xbox Series X fridge.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Finally there is a legit reason to use Intel CPU over AMD. We need the heat from 14nm++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

20 hours ago, LloydLynx said:

Should'a gone with a Vega 64 for cheap heat.

Or a 10980XE w/ a RX Fury

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

On 12/22/2020 at 1:32 PM, TetraSky said:

Ew, keep that chicken away from my PC. Last thing I'd want is grease stains on my Keyboard and mouse.

hmm i got cheetos on my mouse... makes a good grove.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 12/22/2020 at 5:09 PM, WaggishOhio383 said:

I remember KFC making a commercial about this a while back. I thought it was a joke, but I guess Cooler Master decided to make it a real thing.

It's not really a console though. It's just a PC designed to somewhat resemble a console.

a "console" hooks to a tv, has an controller, and has its own os. i been saying it for years just make a dame pc. if you want an "console" look sell a pc case that looks like it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

On 12/23/2020 at 3:53 PM, Jet_ski said:

kinda sounds like games now days they rather buy micro transactions then play a game...

Linus should get Madison Reeve to test this for them. She games and also eats chicken every day.

On 12/22/2020 at 3:04 PM, DildorTheDecent said:

Imagine the smell.

Ah yes the 11 herbs and spices and that dirty and greasy KFC air...yum.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel