PC NOT Spinning or showing sign of life

I replaced my motherboard because the other one was faulty and when I got everything in it posted and told me about a new CPU and I pressed the key I needed to and after that it stopped and hasn't done anything since. I understand there is no CPU cooler and that is because it is a pain to put on and wanted to make sure everything worked before I put it on. I have tested reseating the ram, unplugging the ATX and CPU cable and the powersupply power cable. The Front Panel header is also connected.

IMG_0075.thumb.jpeg.9a946ec89fa27a72cd1446c2238cdce7.jpegIMG_0074.thumb.jpeg.ad94319613aec6bdc11ac9e51e67c7a5.jpeg

The motherboard is receiving power because when I unplug the PCIE cord from the GPU is shows red and none of the CPU pins are bent.

1 hour ago, Asxrow said:

I replaced my motherboard because the other one was faulty and when I got everything in it posted and told me about a new CPU and I pressed the key I needed to and after that it stopped and hasn't done anything since. I understand there is no CPU cooler and that is because it is a pain to put on and wanted to make sure everything worked before I put it on. I have tested reseating the ram, unplugging the ATX and CPU cable and the powersupply power cable. The Front Panel header is also connected.

Starting one without a cooler on it isn't smart and may have caused a problem even though the chip is supposed to throttle down when it gets hot.

Another issue is without a CPU fan connected to the board it's going to throw an error or go into safety mode to protect the chip.
Some OC'ing boards can disable that function, some can't but it's never a good idea to run one without a cooler on it, even for testing and yes, you can mount the cooler before you pop the board into the case.

What to try:
Mount up a cooler to the CPU and make sure the fan is plugged into the CPU fan header so it's detected. Remove the board from the case if you want to, the install the cooler and then set it back in.

Before attempting to start it:
Remove it's CMOS battery and let it clear whatever settings it may have held from your first starting attempt - Keep it out for about 5 minutes before reinserting the battery.
Make sure ALL power is disconnected - Unplug the PSU from the wall and press the power button a few times so it clears these settings, if it's getting power from the PSU it will not clear out and make sure to use the clear CMOS button on the board too if it has it.

Once all that is done, try it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

25 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Starting one without a cooler on it isn't smart and may have caused a problem even though the chip is supposed to throttle down when it gets hot.

Another issue is without a CPU fan connected to the board it's going to throw an error or go into safety mode to protect the chip.
Some OC'ing boards can disable that function, some can't but it's never a good idea to run one without a cooler on it, even for testing and yes, you can mount the cooler before you pop the board into the case.

What to try:
Mount up a cooler to the CPU and make sure the fan is plugged into the CPU fan header so it's detected. Remove the board from the case if you want to, the install the cooler and then set it back in.

Before attempting to start it:
Remove it's CMOS battery and let it clear whatever settings it may have held from your first starting attempt - Keep it out for about 5 minutes before reinserting the battery.
Make sure ALL power is disconnected - Unplug the PSU from the wall and press the power button a few times so it clears these settings, if it's getting power from the PSU it will not clear out and make sure to use the clear CMOS button on the board too if it has it.

Once all that is done, try it.

I plugged in the AIO and it still didn't do anything and I did the CMOS battery reset for 5 minutes and it still did not work. Did the PSU step you told me to do

I would hate to think the CPU could be the problem because of not having any cooling during your beginning process, but considering the circumstances that would be something worth condidering.  

I agree with the above - The damage may already be done here.

OP:
From what I'm seeing from your previous post, it looks like you didn't mount the cooler for that test - Stop trying to run it with no means of cooling on the chip itself, we're telling you that's not a good idea for good reason and you may have already lost that chip because of it. 

If it's still not working, you'll just have to try another chip at this point and have the AIO or whatever you're using for chip cooling mounted and ready to go when you test it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

10 hours ago, kb5zue said:

I would hate to think the CPU could be the problem because of not having any cooling during your beginning process, but considering the circumstances that would be something worth condidering.  

it turns out front panel was plugged into an identical port which was the wrong one, problem fixed

At least it's not dead which is a good thing but still, stop trying to run it without a heatsink on the chip, even for testing.

I am happy to hear though it was a simple fix.

On 4/28/2024 at 7:38 AM, Beerzerker said:

At least it's not dead which is a good thing but still, stop trying to run it without a heatsink on the chip, even for testing.

I am happy to hear though it was a simple fix.

Thanks for the help!

Don't forget to fully seat the memory if you have not done so already.