COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
4 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I'm no doctor, but going from past experience getting a PCR test, they take a whole day at the minimum for results. Rapid COVID tests, on-the-other-hand, are supposed to very quick, 15 minutes or so. 

Do keep in mind with Christmas being in 2 days at the time of writing, there is a surge of people getting COVID tested before the holidays due to the new Omicron variant. 

I wasn't referring to the process but how long the result itself would last

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

11 hours ago, tkitch said:

So, yeah, even with "increased risks" of certain problems, the drugs are safe.

While it shouldnt quite be against the vaccines. My issue with the statement "the drugs are safe" how about that it can always become "safer" and more efficient? Making it sound like we dont need to make them any "safer" or reduce risks by taking a shot?

When we got such a huge data group that can be collected and analysed. with something we really have not dealt with before.

Just now, Ya_Mi said:

I wasn't referring to the process but how long the result itself would last

Varies on the places/establishments requesting a COVID test be taken before coming. If it's an airline, check to see if there is any information pertaining to this.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

8 hours ago, Ya_Mi said:

Due to travel regulation, we must present a rapid antigen test result that were taken on maximum 1x24 hour.

Don't know where you are but most places specifically do NOT accept antigen tests for travelling, as to be PCR. Check that you read the doc correctly. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Don't know where you are but most places specifically do NOT accept antigen tests for travelling, as to be PCR. Check that you read the doc correctly. 

Indonesia, and they accept Antigen as PCR is still not affordable in my country. And i've ask the expert, its valid for 1x24 hour.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

On 12/23/2021 at 9:48 PM, Quackers101 said:

While it shouldnt quite be against the vaccines. My issue with the statement "the drugs are safe" how about that it can always become "safer" and more efficient? Making it sound like we dont need to make them any "safer" or reduce risks by taking a shot?

When we got such a huge data group that can be collected and analysed. with something we really have not dealt with before.

It's because we have such a huge data group (one of the largest in history) that we can say "they're safe"

They're safe, because based on the risks they "increase" they're not going to cause anywhere near enough injuries to come close to the downsides to people getting covid.  

That's why they're safe.  

Can they be safer?  Sure, but that can literally be said about anything.  Including breathing the air around us today.

well for the first time ever ontairo has had 10 000 cases in one day.

this is how the chart looks like now 😞 

image.png.1a1ee2262ee833703b2ba10b95d11297.png

well i guess we wont be going back to school.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

more than 1 million doses getting destroyed in africa by being expired or close to it?

a bit late news.

https://youtu.be/QyOv2CKATf4

Also novavax seems to come around too, now or beginning of next year.

With a few others, like Valneva vaccine.

Got my booster appointment in a few weeks. Just below the deadline for my university.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

13 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

this is like implying, if the patient doesn't have Covid they can have it now.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

1 hour ago, adarw said:

this is like implying, if the patient doesn't have Covid they can have it now.

It's sub-optimal for sure, but if the situation is as crappy as here with being understaffed, little to no money going to it, that kind of thing, then it's between keeping it going potentially infecting extra people or letting more people die due to even less staff.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Québec just announced 22h00-05h00 (10 pm to 5 am) curfew. 

No private assemblies, restaurants take-out only, shops closed Sundays for three weeks. 

No comprendo the Sunday thing. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

19 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

No private assemblies, restaurants take-out only, shops closed Sundays for three weeks. 

I can understand the desire to minimize unnecessary shopping, but a blanket ban on a whole day is weird. Some people's work schedules don't let them move in-person shopping to another day.

That also sounds pretty harsh as a whole, although it's not hard to understand why. The issue isn't the severity for most people — it's that it spreads so quickly that it strains medical resources (both due to the relative number of cases and infections among staff). You either take strict actions now or have trouble providing even basic help later.

15 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I can understand the desire to minimize unnecessary shopping, but a blanket ban on a whole day is weird. Some people's work schedules don't let them move in-person shopping to another day.

That also sounds pretty harsh as a whole, although it's not hard to understand why. The issue isn't the severity for most people — it's that it spreads so quickly that it strains medical resources (both due to the relative number of cases and infections among staff). You either take strict actions now or have trouble providing even basic help later.

More people earlier and on other days, more covid? 

Apparently it's to let workers rest. Again not sure of the logic, people have been dicks in retail since shops exist. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

20 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Entirely different part of the world, but here's it's still common in smaller towns for shops to be closed on Sundays. It was such a revelation to me when I moved to a bigger town/small city that stores were open 7 days a week.

6 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

More people earlier and on other days, more covid? 

Apparently it's to let workers rest. Again not sure of the logic, people have been dicks in retail since shops exist. 

This is a continuous debate here as well. We don't have the curfew anymore for a while, but currently it's only essential shops open till 20:00, and before in the less stricter rules essential stores till 20:00 and non-essential ones till 17:00. People here also say it'll only concentrate people in the lesser hours. I think it's just to be annoying and discourage going out to stores.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

My condolences. Hell the last time our governor put a stay at home order in, armed people took over the state capital building. 

As far as not being open on Sundays, a lot of places around me, mainly restaurants either close early or may not be open at all. Major retailers like Walmart, Meijer and Kroger stay open, but smaller places are having a hard time finding people to work those days. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 3/21/2020 at 2:47 PM, akio123008 said:

Pro tip:

- toilet paper

- paper towels

- tissues

- napkins

- and other papery products

Can be used interchangeably. 

Consider not being picky this time when the tissues you wanted aren't there but you're right next to a pile of toilet paper.

You have to tzhink abou powder food that last long times.You can't eat those if anything happenes.Just take a look at cold texas for example.

It would be helpful, if some popular YouTuber telling people vaccine is safe. 

If Dyson can pay every tech YouTubler to make an ad and launch at the same time why no one volunteer make a vaccine ad.

9 minutes ago, Age of 9394 said:

It would be helpful, if some popular YouTuber telling people vaccine is safe. 

If Dyson can pay every tech YouTubler to make an ad and launch at the same time why no one volunteer make a vaccine ad.

Not sure on popularity but Barnecules asks every stream for people to get vaccinated. The problem is, this issue to too political, once covid became a political issue that screwed everything up. Because I guarantee that most people who refuse to get the shot are doing due to political reasons. This is their way to stick it to the man. 

a tech channel promoting vaccines through an... AD? people are going to be turned off by that.

They could promote Dr channels like Dr mike, but that can also cause some issues and more drama than something helpful?

Also there is so much happening, but I do wonder what LTT did under covid... I do know from some of the videos they did certain things that one might expect. with some videos where they weren't as "serious" about it. can't say anything about how things have been there overall or work related, or if that can be a video of it's own or just through the WAN show maybe going a little bit on about this topic.

28 minutes ago, Age of 9394 said:

why no one volunteer make a vaccine ad.

It has to do with laws and regulations. Pfizer's Comirnaty vaccine, for example, was (maybe still is, haven't checked) only granted Emergency Use Authorisation and not fully FDA-approved vaccines aren't allowed to be marketed like that. Also here in the Netherlands there are strict laws concerning drug marketing.

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

Also here in the Netherlands there are strict laws concerning drug marketing.

There is about 0 laws concerning that in the US. Half the commercials on TV are about a drug for some "Made up sounding" condition and the side effects are generally worse than the condition. 

Most of the vaccine commercials we have at least in my area are more along the lines of "Hey get vaccinated" and they provide websites with resources you can check out about the virus and getting vaccinated. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

There is about 0 laws concerning that in the US. Half the commercials on TV are about a drug for some "Made up sounding" condition and the side effects are generally worse than the condition.

Ah, the FDA stuff is what I could find why e.g. Comirnaty can't be marketed certain ways.

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Most of the vaccine commercials we have at least in my area are more along the lines of "Hey get vaccinated" and they provide websites with resources you can check out about the virus and getting vaccinated. 

Yeah you can have campaigns like "hey get vaccinated", but you can't market it as "hey look at this awesome drug that is the best".