COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I’ve lost faith in that. Too many anti vaxxers. This is going to be the norm forever. Just like the goods and labor shortages, they are not going away either. Sadly we just have to come to terms with it. 

Yeah it's not looking good. As harsh as it sounds our best hope is probably hoping that at least every unvaccinated person now gets COVID soon so we can move on from it. Maybe even everyone, if the latest preprint(s) about protection from a natural infection potentially being better to some extent against variants than from a vaccine are to be believed.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, tikker said:

Yeah it's not looking good. As harsh as it sounds our best hope is probably hoping that at least every unvaccinated person now gets COVID soon so we can move on from it. Maybe even everyone, if the latest preprint(s) about protection from a natural infection potentially being better to some extent against variants than from a vaccine are to be believed.

Or it creates numerous mutations that would only make it worse... isn't it how it works?!

1 hour ago, rikitikitavi said:

Or it creates numerous mutations that would only make it worse... isn't it how it works?!

Yes, that's the risk of all the unvaccinated people getting COVID - each time they get it, it's a risk of more mutation.

That risk exists in Vaccinated people too - but the risk is much smaller for a number of reasons (including the built-in immunity from the vaccine, the fact that the protection means you're sick for less time, and it's less severe).

It might be beneficial if we could somehow get all unvaccinated people to get infected at the exact same time - that would probably reduce the chances of numerous mutations (though it would likely increase the chance of a smaller number of mutations). But the massive downside to this is that it would likely destroy the healthcare system of multiple countries (particularly underdeveloped ones).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

11 hours ago, rikitikitavi said:

Yes. It can (will) result in mutations. That's the risk of anyone getting COVID really, vaccinated or not. It happens less if people are vaccinated, because the body knows how to deal with it to a certain extent. Mutations are random though. It doesn't always mutate into a worse variant. It's just those worse variants that stick or get noticed as a new variant of concern.

I meant it more in an immunity way. We need to get the bulk of these people immune somehow, and if they don't want to get vaccinated then natural infection is another option. I've heard theories that might even be the underlying strategy some places: use measures to ride the line between full hospitals and overburdened hospitals as finely as you can to keep turnaround high and get as many people infected as you can in the shortest, manageable amount of time.

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

But the massive downside to this is that it would likely destroy the healthcare system of multiple countries (particularly underdeveloped ones).

Healthcare will be wiped out over here in that case. We have a thousand, give or take a hundred, ICU beds and 12% of the population is unvaccinated. That's a thousand beds for two million people.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

you mean some honey/ginger tea for a sore throat? yeah, add a bit of spice too 😛  now got to see what this honey is, honey, honey.

https://theathletic.com/news/red-wings-tyler-bertuzzi-placed-into-nhls-covid-19-protocol/AaRlmHaiddLs

> only non-vaccinated NHL player

> already forfeits salary for games in Canada

> finally catches Covid 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2021/12/02/violente-agression-verbale-contre-des-enfants-masques-dans-le-metro-1

Scumbag verbally assaults children in metro because they're wearing masks, gets police attention. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

7 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Scumbag verbally assaults children in metro because they're wearing masks, gets police attention. 

politics in my metro?? syka mlyat! *mother comes and gives a good spank* 😛

Don't know if this has been posted yet

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/03/world/italy-vaccine-fake-arm.html

This is getting wild lol

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

lol what, fake arm?

also, and more about heart. Which also means for the vaccines too, but there is maybe a much lesser risk in the vaccines. However it could maybe be more avoided if aspirating shows that it helps during the injection? Also how many vaccines we are going to take and maybe be infected at some point, could draw the risk higher or lower, depending on how all this attacks the heart or blood like blood clots or on the heart. even if it might be in the 1% lower or higher, or 0,1%, it's still something to avoid if this is related to other injections as well and how to do vaccines long term.

some talk about covid 19 and the harms on the heart.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/how-covid-19-harms-the-heart

okey the re-infection or infection overall by the Omicron, or mutated versions seems to be spreading a lot more.

Seems like there is some suggestions on that we... need to be prepared to get infected by one of these super spreaders.

So those who have gotten weaker doses or that need those boosters of said types of vaccines, should be getting them and aspirate on injection just to make some side effects become a lesser thing? and be prepared for getting the virus. At least a lot more people are vaccinated, seems like re-infection will become more of a thing than the start of the pandemic? very little to avoid being effected by it. While I do guess wearing a mask at all times including at home (if got a lot of people at home) with some decent ventilation could also reduce some risks in how much you spread to a person you might not want to spread it to (depends on how much a dose of the virus is needed between mild or severe outcome).

I guess this or some of these mutations are a lot worse being airborne than previous ones? but unsure about that, although the spread rate among even vaccinated people is a little concerning (and those infected with covid before). A good amount of news sites warning about the spreading potential of these mutations, could be less deadly, but could also do a lot of harm.

lockdown not going to help? (as it would be a very hard lockdown for long periods) but more on measures to prevent worse spreading.

36 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

ockdown not going to help

Are lockdowns even possible any more? Between the politics and the fact people have lost faith in the government, I doubt anyone would follow a lockdown. Also, another lockdown could kill the US's economy, we are already seeing record inflation mainly due to the governments lack of control on printing money. We are also see record evictions. The assistant manager of where I work said after the rent moratorium was ended he no longer had neighbors. Once an eviction is on your record that makes it harder to rent another place, most people who rent wont qualify for a mortgage. The more people pushed on to the streets, the worse things will get because those people will no longer be participating in the economy and that just leads to more people going homeless and more harm to the economy. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

23 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Are lockdowns even possible any more? Between the politics and the fact people have lost faith in the government, I doubt anyone would follow a lockdown. Also, another lockdown could kill the US's economy, we are already seeing record inflation mainly due to the governments lack of control on printing money. We are also see record evictions. The assistant manager of where I work said after the rent moratorium was ended he no longer had neighbors. Once an eviction is on your record that makes it harder to rent another place, most people who rent wont qualify for a mortgage. The more people pushed on to the streets, the worse things will get because those people will no longer be participating in the economy and that just leads to more people going homeless and more harm to the economy. 

it could have worked in the beginning or maybe the end, but how it's currently? I would doubt it. However this means that vaccination or other means would be stronger focus. Lockdown right now, would just make things worse for everyone and not really helping anyone, although this means everyone has to follow other rules if the more vulnerable populations are going to be protected.

however something we "could" ban all travel across borders, to reduce mutations and spread? but I guess that doesn't always work either. At least reduce the distance such infected individuals can travel with super spreading viruses? although just one hot spot can spread pretty far, from one home town to another and then the whole country if it can. Which again means we have to protect ourselves and get the needed protections in us, like vaccines etc. Also I bet it helps to not getting sick either 😛 while covid is around the block.

the only thing the lockdown can do, is slow things down still, but it's not going to win and just drag out the process of infection at this rate. At the beginning it might have worked, but everyone was too slow or so I would like to assume. Sadly it's spreading ability might help on getting an host which gives an new mutation again, hopefully it's an mutation that doesn't mutate as much? else it's much of chance and gamble that it doesn't mutate to a worse virus. Right now it might not be as deadly, but I guess maybe more long term harm?

Which again to isolate yourself when infected and that we have more testing options and medical treatments to vaccines and the recent pills.

while I have seen more of the flu going around, it seems like the new mutation is spreading fast around too now. faster than getting an lockdown up.

nearly at the point of just get the virus and go into quarantine. although we don't know how it will affect vaccinated people and what level of "protection" we have.

I do wonder if they come up with a method to best deal with all of this.

14 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

however something we "could" ban all travel across borders, to reduce mutations and spread?

That can cause the shortages to be worse. Remember all the commercial traffic. Not sure about other countries but Truck Drivers are becoming a hot commodity in the US due to shortages. 

16 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

do wonder if they come up with a method to best deal with all of this.

Ive come to the conclusion this will never end. The virus will be like the flu, we will be required to get a vaccine each year because we didnt contain it. My only concern is if a very bad strain were to appear, like what happened with the Flu in 1918. 

On 11/27/2021 at 8:05 AM, Master Disaster said:

So we've had Alpha, Beta, Delta and now Omicron, when it hits Omega we're all screwed 😄

Normal COVID:

Spoiler

http://pixelartmaker-data-78746291193.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/image/6a9d1f6624d61bc.png

Omega COVID:

Spoiler

950429291_omegaflowey.png.06818e1904b3efe486773f757d46efbc.png

elephants

I will find it very weird, if I test negative after living with someone who is positive of having the covid and had no issues being together. 😕 only annoying part, could still become positive later on, meaning longer in quarantine like for a week extra. At least it's not that bad here, but there are some vaccinated people that still have been hit hard, to the very least the vaccines might have saved them from hospitalization which is good.

will be seeing if any are going to be re-infected though, as some countries seems to have been dealing with that.

UK with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), about covid therapy updates, thinking they can target most variants?

But cannot be used on everyone, like those in critical conditions due to covid and has to be done before infection?

Results from that study were published in May 2021. A phase 3 clinical trial has been initiated.

sotrovimab, an investigational monoclonal antibody for the early treatment of COVID-19. The antibody binds to an epitope on SARS-CoV-2 that is shared with SARS-CoV-1 (the virus that causes SARS), indicating that the epitope is highly conserved, which may make it more difficult for resistance to develop. Sotrovimab, which incorporates Xencor’s Xtend™ technology, has also been designed to achieve high concentration in the lungs to ensure optimal penetration into airway tissues affected by SARS-CoV-2 and to have an extended half-life.

However, benefit of treatment with sotrovimab has not been observed in patients hospitalized due to COVID‑19.

Hypersensitivity adverse reactions have been observed in 2% of patients treated with sotrovimab and 1% with placebo

https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/media/resource-centre/our-contribution-to-the-fight-against-2019-ncov/

updates from GSK

https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/media/press-releases/

1 hour ago, Quackers101 said:

But cannot be used on everyone, like those in critical conditions due to covid and has to be done before infection?

That's often the case with loads of things. Your body hasn't had the time to prepare itself or the damage is already done/happening. It's like giving someone a parachute with only 50 m to go. Best you can do is maybe give them a wingsuit and hope for a soft landing.

3 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

I will find it very weird, if I test negative after living with someone who is positive of having the covid and had no issues being together. 😕 only annoying part, could still become positive later on, meaning longer in quarantine like for a week extra. At least it's not that bad here, but there are some vaccinated people that still have been hit hard, to the very least the vaccines might have saved them from hospitalization which is good.

How long has it been? The virus needs time to multiply so it can take a few days before the viral load is high enough to be detectable by self-tests and other not-as-sensitive tests.

20 hours ago, tikker said:

That's often the case with loads of things. Your body hasn't had the time to prepare itself or the damage is already done/happening. It's like giving someone a parachute with only 50 m to go. Best you can do is maybe give them a wingsuit and hope for a soft landing.

not really in this case it seems like, more like taking on more of a load than helping or boosting hand, maybe like the body fighting 2 different foreign objects? I guess they can try and use it in certain situations if there is a need for it and that they have that stuff at hand. (think it was mentioned if they were on ICU/air, it was a less positive effect). maybe due to both would attack the lungs?

20 hours ago, tikker said:

How long has it been? The virus needs time to multiply so it can take a few days before the viral load is high enough to be detectable by self-tests and other not-as-sensitive tests.

finding out.

seems like it might not have been that bad, and tested negative... which means, more tests.

Edited by Quackers101

My employer has sorta... Ehhh.

We're required to either be vaccinated or get tested twice a week, yet, if we are sick, unless we have a fever or get a test ourselves that comes up positive, they want us to work regardless. Coworkers that got sick were returned to shifts after 3-5 days of being symptom free, regardless of vaccination status up until this week (when the vaccine requirements went into effect), and... I don't know. I think I'm getting sick, but no idea with what.

'lol get the shot, or get tested. But if your test is negative, even if you have a horrible fever, you need to work. derp derp derp.'

Maybe I should find a new job?

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

2 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Maybe I should find a new job?

Are you avoiding vaccination for some reason or don't have access to it?

12 minutes ago, rikitikitavi said:

Are you avoiding vaccination for some reason or don't have access to it?

I got Vaccinated in January and February, and booster in September. I don't like the idea of being expected to work while sick.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Just had my Pfizer booster (3rd) shot yesterday, other than my left arm hurting, no side effect whatsoever. Previous two shots were Moderna, the local authority allows for mixing of vaccines, I didn't mind as the clinic where I'd had the shot was just downstairs of my apartment. 

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

4 hours ago, Sarra said:

lol get the shot, or get tested. But if your test is negative, even if you have a horrible fever, you need to work. derp derp derp.'

This is why America's Job Market is screwed like it is. Because too many employers had this policy and now they wonder why no one wants to work for them. My boss rather that people didnt bring that crap in to the work place.