COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

The covid affected me directly now when instead of finally being able to celebrate a New Year’s Eve party and be social for once, I  didn’t go because my partner got the covid. I took care of him for about five days and the virus really kicked him to the curb while I barely got any symptoms. His fever shot up to 103 a couple times. Even for me the isolation in quarantine sucked. I’m glad he’s doing much better now. 

It’s been over 5 days and that’s convenient given the CDC’s new guidelines.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/04/1070413311/cdc-test-covid-isolation-five-days

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

On 1/4/2022 at 8:06 PM, tkitch said:

Right

But if 8 times as many peoople are infected and only 1/4 as many are in the hospital....

That's still twice as many ending up in the hospital.

But your not taking in to account vaccinated people. While people vaccinated could still get the virus it would be a lot more mild compared to a person without a vaccine. 

According to the CDC over 200 Million are fully vaccinated. I think thats 2 doses. With over 72 Million having the booster. Thats a decent number of people. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

But your not taking in to account vaccinated people. While people vaccinated could still get the virus it would be a lot more mild compared to a person without a vaccine. 

According to the CDC over 200 Million are fully vaccinated. I think thats 2 doses. With over 72 Million having the booster. Thats a decent number of people. 

And omicron goes past the vaccine a lot of the time. 

Being vaccinated is still way better, but it's decidedly not a silver bullet. At least 25-33% of hospital covid patients are vaxx'd. (They're also way less likely to die from covid.)

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/group-of-rowdy-quebecers-on-flight-to-cancun-idiots-trudeau-says/wcm/e3123230-b47b-4073-bb8f-8991e19b9bc3/amp/

You might have heard of this, but we now learn that one had the rona and she was aware of her positivity. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Québec went from 1500 daily vaccinations to 6000 after they announced the need for a passport for liquor and marijuana stores 

25 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Québec went from 1500 daily vaccinations to 6000 after they announced the need for a passport for liquor and marijuana stores 

You guys have to show proof of vaccination? 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

I can't speak for Quebec specifically, but various provinces have Vaccine Certificates (they either prove vaccination status, or if you have a valid medical exemption). You need to show it in Ontario to access certain spaces right now. It does not apply to essential services like hospitals or grocery stores.

What @Andreas Lilja is likely indicating is that Quebec just made their Vaccine Certificate ("passport") mandatory to enter a Cannabis or Liquor store.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

16 hours ago, Donut417 said:

For the liquor store and cannabis store (both are run by the provincial government).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, WkdPaul said:

For the liquor store and cannabis store (both are run by the provincial government).

Canadians are sure laid back. Because if they did that here we would probably riot. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Canadians are sure laid back. Because if they did that here we would probably riot. 

You can still buy alcohol in convenience store and at the grocery store, not for cannabis though, but I'm sure the government isn't too worried about the Venn diagram of legal cannabis users and anti-vaxx : 😂

Man...fuck COVID

"I've just acknowledged it that I'm going to get it at some point" - at least two teachers I have.

Out of 2k students and 120~ staff, we have almost 100 cases right now, up from almost 70 yesterday, not counting the people that haven't reported cases, highest case count out of the 48 schools in the district

It has become very real, very quickly.

Attendance has also gone to shit, ~200 absent students on Wednesday, apparently ~400 on Thursday or Friday. there was barely 1/2 of the class there in one of my classes

Physical distancing is non-existent in some classrooms, think "table groups" but you have at least 10 of them in a room. And you have people within 50cm of each other. Or you just have individual desks lined up but you can slap people without much effort if you stretch your arm out. and the cafeteria and commons during lunch! what is this! hence why I started eating sitting on the ground in a hallway in October and generally alone

They used to send out an email every time someone tested positive...that policy lasted longer than I expected

I'm surprised and slightly appalled that we haven't gone back to virtual or hybrid

Lack of staffing has caused the test-to-stay/shorten quarantine/return programs to be temporarily suspended - at least 4 school nurses in my district serve at least 4 schools, I can't overstate my gratitude for them

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Went to my doctor yesterday for my annual physical. I need to have blood work done, was told I needed to wait about a month due to Beaumont Hospital being hit hard. Over 400+ staff out with Covid. Normally Id go get the blood work the same day and be done with it. Now Ill likely have to take time off work to get this done. Im getting sick of this shit. So now I have to find a place that does blood work, thats hopefully not attached to an actual hospital, because thats kinda how you get covid is by walking in to a hospital. 

On 1/8/2022 at 5:45 PM, Donut417 said:

Went to my doctor yesterday for my annual physical. I need to have blood work done, was told I needed to wait about a month due to Beaumont Hospital being hit hard. Over 400+ staff out with Covid. Normally Id go get the blood work the same day and be done with it. Now Ill likely have to take time off work to get this done. Im getting sick of this shit. So now I have to find a place that does blood work, thats hopefully not attached to an actual hospital, because thats kinda how you get covid is by walking in to a hospital. 

No private companies in your area? I have someone come at home for $55 cad. Roughly $11 after insurance. 

30 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

No private companies in your area? I have someone come at home for $55 cad. Roughly $11 after insurance. 

I have to get it done some where affiliated with the hospital system my doctor belongs to I believe. It costs me about $75 after insurance if I go to the hospital to get it done, I hate to see what the costs would be if I had someone come out to the house. 

16 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I have to get it done some where affiliated with the hospital system my doctor belongs to I believe. It costs me about $75 after insurance if I go to the hospital to get it done, I hate to see what the costs would be if I had someone come out to the house. 

Wtf. At that price I'd try DIY lol. 

tax seems a bit stupid, they kind of already have one (mostly restrictions around covid vaccines) and might encourage more "fake passes"?

38 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

tax seems a bit stupid, they kind of already have one (mostly restrictions around covid vaccines) and might encourage more "fake passes"?

How easy is the Quebec COVID Vaccine certificate to fake?

The new Ontario Enhanced certificate is a lot harder to fake than the old one. It has a QR code, which when scanned using the Gov't Scanning app, will verify the info on file (name, doses, etc) - just in case the info has been altered on a paper copy of it.

Granted that can still be circumvented, but if proper enforcement (eg: the person scanning your QR code properly checks your ID, and fully reads the verification) happens, it's a decent system.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

The new Ontario Enhanced certificate is a lot harder to fake than the old one. It has a QR code, which when scanned using the Gov't Scanning app, will verify the info on file (name, doses, etc) - just in case the info has been altered on a paper copy of it.

Granted that can still be circumvented, but if proper enforcement (eg: the person scanning your QR code properly checks your ID, and fully reads the verification) happens, it's a decent system.

Same system, might even be the same company.

2 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Same system, might even be the same company.

It wouldn't shock me. From a provincial perspective, once one company is already making a system for another province, it makes some level of sense to not start from scratch.

21 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Biggest problem I have seen with the QR code and “Faking” is that people are only asking to see the document and not scanning the code.

This completely renders the security provided byt the QR irrelevant. You can literally fake the rest of the PDF easily. 

Until place start doing the proper scan, it’s irrelevant and too easy to fake.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

17 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

It wouldn't shock me. From a provincial perspective, once one company is already making a system for another province, it makes some level of sense to not start from scratch.

Let me introduce you to the ontario way

we don’t like learning from other people and countries. We are proud of our OWN mistakes and failures 😄

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

18 hours ago, Sprawlie said:

Let me introduce you to the ontario way

we don’t like learning from other people and countries. We are proud of our OWN mistakes and failures 😄

Very similar to the American way. LOL. 

21 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Very similar to the American way. LOL. 

Ontario is very similar to the US northeast in many many ways. 

On 1/11/2022 at 4:28 PM, dalekphalm said:

*snip*

20 hours ago, Sprawlie said:

*snip

The QR code is scanned here in QC, was at the hospital yesterday and they scanned my QR code (for an appointment, not sure why they scan since I have health issues that aren't COVID related, so having a COVID pass for appointments shouldn't be necessary IMO, but that's a totally different subject)

You still have human error to account for, my boss had mistakenly loaded his wife's COVID pass on his phone and didn't realized until he had it scanned a few times, the people that scanned the QR code got a positive mark from the scanning app and didn't double check the name, so it's possible to load someone else's QR code and if the person scanning doesn't check, or doesn't care, you can still have unvaxxed people going around with someone else's QR code.