Faulty SSD?

Hello, so im doing some stupid thing cause my laptop is freeze while doing unzip in Drive c, because it took too long i decided to turn my laptop off by pressing that emergency button(i know i shouldn't do that but i also don't know why i do that) but after that i got message that my Drive is bad, backup and replace press F1 to resume, i press F1 and the bsod says Will restart the laptop, but it always loop like that, is that problem can be fix through win 11 media creation tool or my SSD was already bad that cant read again. Because, i took it off from my laptop and use external thing to connect it to another laptop, that another laptop freeze. But when i unplug that SSD its fine, i try another SSD on that external it works perfectly fine, so back to that question and should i buy another one?

2 hours ago, Sirin said:

Hello, so im doing some stupid thing cause my laptop is freeze while doing unzip in Drive c, because it took too long i decided to turn my laptop off by pressing that emergency button(i know i shouldn't do that but i also don't know why i do that) but after that i got message that my Drive is bad, backup and replace press F1 to resume, i press F1 and the bsod says Will restart the laptop, but it always loop like that, is that problem can be fix through win 11 media creation tool or my SSD was already bad that cant read again. Because, i took it off from my laptop and use external thing to connect it to another laptop, that another laptop freeze. But when i unplug that SSD its fine, i try another SSD on that external it works perfectly fine, so back to that question and should i buy another one?

If the problem is due to bad drive, media creation tool won't help.

Win11 Media Creation Tool is more to fixing the OS (Win11 in this example) itself, not hardware problem, unless that problem is actually caused by faulty Windows installation.

In your case, If 2nd PC also freeze because of it, chances are that drive has crapped itself.

The freezing most likely due Windows having trouble/unable to access some or all of the drive's storage.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

5 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

If the problem is due to bad drive, media creation tool won't help.

Win11 Media Creation Tool is more to fixing the OS (Win11 in this example) itself, not hardware problem, unless that problem is actually caused by faulty Windows installation.

In your case, If 2nd PC also freeze because of it, chances are that drive has crapped itself.

The freezing most likely due Windows having trouble/unable to access some or all of the drive's storage.

Is there any some ways to retrieve the data back? Or it was already rip? 

26 minutes ago, Sirin said:

Is there any some ways to retrieve the data back? Or it was already rip? 

No idea, that's something I'm not really savvy about.

The way I see it :

If connecting it to your PC makes it freeze, no way you can try using data recovery software. At least not a Windows one.

Maybe other people will chime in and give more insight and/or alternative

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 4/28/2024 at 12:09 PM, Poinkachu said:

No idea, that's something I'm not really savvy about.

The way I see it :

If connecting it to your PC makes it freeze, no way you can try using data recovery software. At least not a Windows one.

Maybe other people will chime in and give more insight and/or alternative

oh, but thanks for the information, i really appreciate that