COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
6 hours ago, Sarra said:

I got Vaccinated in January and February, and booster in September. I don't like the idea of being expected to work while sick.

sounds like it can be a bad place to work for, but I guess there is other benefits.

When they don't care about their workers? it can be a bad sign. Unless they are trying something else to maybe stay upfloat but... eeeh

9 hours ago, Sarra said:

My employer has sorta... Ehhh.

We're required to either be vaccinated or get tested twice a week, yet, if we are sick, unless we have a fever or get a test ourselves that comes up positive, they want us to work regardless. Coworkers that got sick were returned to shifts after 3-5 days of being symptom free, regardless of vaccination status up until this week (when the vaccine requirements went into effect), and... I don't know. I think I'm getting sick, but no idea with what.

'lol get the shot, or get tested. But if your test is negative, even if you have a horrible fever, you need to work. derp derp derp.'

Maybe I should find a new job?

Yikes. That's a serious problem in many companies.

Mine offers paid sick days to all full time staff, and I certainly expect my coworkers to take advantage of that. It pisses me off when someone I know gets paid sick leave comes in sick with a cold or the flu - inevitably spreading it around the office.

They officially extended sick leave benefits to fully cover COVID as well - and that's for part time staff too. If you have symptoms and are awaiting test results, you'll get paid for missed shifts. If you actually have COVID, you'll be paid for the quarantine until you no longer test positive (if it lasts more than the 14 days).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Had to completely shave my Brent Burns yeard because my new job implies N95 possibility.

F

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

seems like pfizer on the vaccine front is a bit wild.

wanting to suggest you take a vaccine for every new update they do, 4 or more shots.

And that omicron might "partly evade" some of the older pfizer vaccinations.

At least there is some suggestion that mixing the vaccines have helped to some wider or more protection? with moderna, pfizer and astra.

Also we will see a lot more wild actions be taken for and against this pandemic.

To fake "covid passports" by certain groups or doctors, and so on.

One recently a new zealand man taking 10 vaccines a day, for people that are either against or don't want the vaccine.

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-new-zealand-man-probed-for-having-10-vaccine-shots/a-60088319

New measures in QC, ON and P.E.I. ;

https://globalnews.ca/news/8452182/quebec-ontario-p-e-i-omicron-spread/

Here in QC, they suggest to go back to WFH instead of office presence. We're also getting rapid COVID tests if you have kids in school. They're also discussion of having rapid test available in pharmacies to help with waiting time for tests at testing facilities ; waiting 30-60 outside below freezing temperature isn't great to say the least.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

9 minutes ago, WkdPaul said:

Here in QC, they suggest to go back to WFH instead of office presence. We're also getting rapid COVID tests if you have kids in school. They're also discussion of having rapid test available in pharmacies to help with waiting time for tests at testing facilities ; waiting 30-60 outside below freezing temperature isn't great to say the least.

here we tried to have rapid testers, or if it's called quick testing? (maybe the same thing). Is not fully accurate and you might need 3-5 tests taken? also having them in stock gets a bit difficult after time. at least, I guess it's better than nothing and one are getting sealed/unaltered packs of rapid testers.

TV shows just ended, do we really need to gut what's left of entertainment? They can play with the stadiums closed, all of them are vaccinated barr Tyler Bertuzzi. 

I’m disagreeing with a mask mandate for once. The blanket approach to putting a mandate for the entire state of CA is questionable given the data of certain counties. Mine for instance has seen a steady case rate. 

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/cities-around-san-diego-pushback-reinstated-mask-mandate/509-ec707f8e-1a08-40e7-9cd1-aba68e322c4d

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

8 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I’m disagreeing with a mask mandate for once. The blanket approach to putting a mandate for the entire state of CA is questionable given the data of certain counties. Mine for instance has seen a steady case rate. 

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/cities-around-san-diego-pushback-reinstated-mask-mandate/509-ec707f8e-1a08-40e7-9cd1-aba68e322c4d

I dunno - I get that it's annoying, but Mask Mandates are some of the very easiest mandates to deal with. All you gotta do is wear a mask. For most people that's not a big deal at all (even if it's annoying).

Better that, then having lockdowns and stay at home orders issued.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Better that, then having lockdowns and stay at home orders issued.

We are not going to have another lockdown issued again like other countries are still doing. I am 100% sure of that. It has created a seemingly permanent labor shortage for one. We are just built different. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

10 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

We are not going to have another lockdown issued again like other countries are still doing. I am 100% sure of that. It has created a seemingly permanent labor shortage for one. We are just built different. 

Hence even more important for mask mandates. It's literally one of the easiest types of mandates to follow.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Hence even more important for mask mandates. It's literally one of the easiest types of mandates to follow.

It hasn’t in this country since the beginning for some reason. And when some tell me masks don’t work I just tell them about South Korea and Japan. 

On 12/17/2021 at 5:11 PM, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I just tell them about South Korea and Japan. 

That doesnt work in the US. People will do what they want. At this point I think any mask mandates or lockdowns are pointless. All they are doing is stirring the pot. People are getting angry and that anger is just growing more and more day by day. 

Ive lost faith in our ability to contain covid. We are likely going to need to be vaccinated each year. Those who want the vaccine will get it and those who dont wont. I wonder if countries will start issuing restrictions on visitors who dont have the vaccine however? I can see that happening. All I know is the more comments I read on Facebook and Youtube the more I feel like  we have some major issues in our country and I think MIT's prediction on civilization collapsing in the 2040's might happen sooner rather than later. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Seems like hong kong had something to say that, omicron is "70x" to "10x" faster in dominating your lungs on infection and producing to then spreading out by coughs (more particles could come out of a person with omicron?). Also as previously the same about vaccines and heart, under 40 or by health issues, to be aware of harder/more potent stuff like moderna and if into the blood stream could maybe attack the person a lot more than covid, so if aspirating vaccines work, it should be used? Or if blood clots can also be reduced.

shields are not going to protect against omicron unlike maybe other covid versions. As someone else suggested here in stronger protective masks, like n95 etc. as in more air through the filter than breathe in. but "regular" masks with decent fit (not loose) should again help somewhat and reduce intake. but I guess it might matter less with how omicron attacks the lungs and how fast it spreads? I guess we need more studies around it.

Got my 3rd dose today, healthcare worker. 

Really nice setup they came to my office, took like 7-8 minutes. 

39 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Seems like hong kong had something to say that, omicron is "70x" to "10x" faster in dominating your lungs on infection and producing to then spreading out by coughs (more particles could come out of a person with omicron?). Also as previously the same about vaccines and heart, under 40 or by health issues, to be aware of harder/more potent stuff like moderna and if into the blood stream could maybe attack the person a lot more than covid, so if aspirating vaccines work, it should be used? Or if blood clots can also be reduced.

There's little point in constantly hammering on this aspiration point. Yes there seems to be a link between injecting in a vein and myocarditis, no this is not something that you can do something about. This is something for the people vaccinating you to worry about if health services decide to put it back in intra-muscular vaccination guidelines.

38 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

shields are not going to protect against omicron unlike maybe other covid versions.

Shields are to protect you against getting droplets in your face. They won't protect you against an airborne virus.

43 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

As someone else suggested here in stronger protective masks, like n95 etc. as in more air through the filter than breathe in. but "regular" masks with decent fit (not loose) should again help somewhat and reduce intake.

Please note that masks are not and were not directly meant to protect you (even though they may to an extentif it filters the correct sizes). They were ment to protect others and control the spread by limiting how much your breath spreads.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3 hours ago, tikker said:

Please note that masks are not and were not directly meant to protect you (even though they may to an extentif it filters the correct sizes). They were ment to protect others and control the spread by limiting how much your breath spreads.

This last point people still don't seem to get.

Don't mind masks now that I work in a climate controlled environment. Also less physical work. 

In security having to climb 10 sets of stairs with that thing on was a PIA. 

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

This last point people still don't seem to get.

Yeah I don't get it. Masks don't work, "experimental vaccine, we don't know the years from now long-term side-effects" and "taking our basic human rights" are the three things that constantly return. I know it's cliche by now, but the memes are right: you could have a zombie apocalypse and people would behave exactly as dumb as in the movies...

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

and here we go again ...

"With cases at record levels, Quebec to close schools, bars and limit restaurant hours"

Sources ;

https://globalnews.ca/news/8462532/in-quebec-new-health-restrictions-will-take-effect-on-monday/

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/covid-19-updates-montreal-quebec-new-cases-vaccine-vaccination-booster-shot-omicron-holiday-free-rapid-test-pharmacy-restrictions-december-20

😞

My work just send a org wide email asking everyone to work from home starting today, until further notice.

*sigh*

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

22 minutes ago, WkdPaul said:

and here we go again ...

"With cases at record levels, Quebec to close schools, bars and limit restaurant hours"

Sources ;

https://globalnews.ca/news/8462532/in-quebec-new-health-restrictions-will-take-effect-on-monday/

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/covid-19-updates-montreal-quebec-new-cases-vaccine-vaccination-booster-shot-omicron-holiday-free-rapid-test-pharmacy-restrictions-december-20

😞

My work just send a org wide email asking everyone to work from home starting today, until further notice.

*sigh*

The Netherlands also entered a complete lockdown pretty much out of nowhere since yesterday. Nothing except essential stores is allowed to be open, no indoor sports, work from home if possible, have only 2 people over per day etc. At least they're being proactive this time, but there were hardly any officially announcements that they were going to drop this bomb as far as I knew. I just happened to randomly see a press conference was live on the national news' YouTube channel and then you hear at Saturday 7 PM that effective immediately on Sunday there's a full lockdown 😕

4 hours ago, WkdPaul said:

and here we go again ...

Sources ;

😞

*sigh*

This is freaking absurd.

What's the point of me getting a high fever and feeling like UTTER CRAP for a day (I mean i felt like I got hit by a TRUCK) getting my Booster shot two days ago, if people are going to pull this crap?  Do I have to go through all that pain (and possibly risk hospitalization or even death from these side effects--I do have preexisting conditions and am disabled), to have to suffer from a LOCKDOWN despite being fully vaccinated and boosted?  No I'm not in Canada but this is getting ludicrous.  Let's punish the people who actually got fully vaccinated and boosted more...

COVID is going away as much as the Flu and the Cold are going away.  ANIMALS HAVE IT and if people can pass it to animals, then animals can pass it back to people.  At this point screw the lockdowns...call me a toxic asshole but if people don't want to get vaccinated and boosted at this point and they do NOT have serious health conditions preventing them from doing it, just let them die off and have less competition on this planet for those who actually did their DAMN JOB.

32 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Let's punish the people who actually got fully vaccinated and boosted more...

COVID is going away as much as the Flu and the Cold are going away.  ANIMALS HAVE IT and if people can pass it to animals, then animals can pass it back to people.  At this point screw the lockdowns...call me a toxic asshole but if people don't want to get vaccinated and boosted at this point and they do NOT have serious health conditions preventing them from doing it, just let them die off and have less competition on this planet for those who actually did their DAMN JOB.

one of the reasons about lockdowns, how heavy lockdowns in the beginning might have helped. while doing it now or multiple times is going to make things worse.

And suddenly you have 100's of thousands out in public close together to rally against these lockdown measures. Also how the vaccines would hopefully keep things down, which is a bit annoying when you see some of the numbers go up and not much one can do about it in certain regions.

Just sayin guys, if y'all are vaxxed, and we aren't, we'll suffer... not you.

My body, my choice. I want to live by my God-given rights, without apology.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅