COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 hour ago, Benji said:

Microsoft Edge for example does that by default, and this behaviour actually keeps forum links and YouTube links from auto-embedding.

found it, thanks

image.thumb.png.cf57a86945bc0ce601cc04777fb0dc59.png

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I got the vaccine today.  I’m all done, the J&J vaccine is only one shot.  

Glad to get it out of the way.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Was informational on the type of vaccine I took. Popped up in my recommended. Hmmm. 🙃

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Was informational on the type of vaccine I took. Popped up in my recommended. Hmmm

Facebook or Google listening in. LOL

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Facebook or Google listening in. LOL

In the meantime I’m glad I’m getting vaccinated right now because our state neighbors are lifting their statewide mask mandates. Like Arizona and Texas. And SoCal is a tourist destination. Frequently see Arizona and Texas driver licenses when checking IDs. Local health officials on the news are hoping tourists would follow our more strict Covid guidelines.  Which are working because now we are getting 200 or less cases a day in my county/city.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Yesterday I was linked to a very interesting article which I had not heard about before and it made me smile.

In Indonesia there was a group of anti maskers breaking the countries laws by going outside without wearing a mask, the police arrested them and in a stroke of pure brilliance the sentencing judge came up with, quite possibly, the most fitting punishment I've ever heard of.

He sentenced them to community service. The task they were given? Digging the graves of people who had died from COVID19.

Apparently there's a big problem with a lack of manpower to dig graves in the country ATM since there's lots of excess deaths so the judge decided it would solve 2 problems at once.

Amazing 😄

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It's more of a symbol since the boxes are empty and(below in spoiler), but still a really amazing way to commemerate what we're going through and what the race is about.

Spoiler

For another, the Indian Health Service “has been really efficient with delivery of vaccine to the villages,” he said. “My understanding is every Native along the trail that wants the vaccine has been offered the vaccine.”

https://www.adn.com/outdoors-adventure/iditarod/2021/03/09/eagle-river-musher-is-carrying-hope-in-a-box-on-the-iditarod-trail/

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Finally got scheduled for my first covid vaccination, such a load off my mind.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

As a company, we're working on going back to our pre pandemic schedule (14 days at work, 14 at home instead of the 21 and 18[with 3 days of quarantine]). 

The big things here are that even those of us that get the vaccination will continue to wear masks and social distance where we can. (Most places we can't are due to tight working conditions). We will still wear our proximity sensors in case of a positive or false positive test.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.11c6d05d2e6ad05d15dc52e6a9a082a6.png

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Legault talking about removing the curfew... in two months or so.

I guess the virus will stop being potent after 8 pm.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I am almost insulted that Los Angeles gets to move to the less restricted red tier before us. 

Got the Johnson & Johnson one-dose today. Glad I had the opportunity but shit do I feel like I got hit by a bus this evening. Still, the amount of weight lifted off my brain getting vaccinated is worth a week of this, though it'll probably be almost over by the time I get up tomorrow. Both my parents, grandparents, and most of my other older family members are vaccinated or partially vaccinated, I could almost cry I'm so happy; We'll survive this and I'll get to see them again.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

My fiancée got a booking for Monday for her first shot. We don’t know what vaccine they’re going to administer (doesn’t say on the registration emails). 

She’s indigenous, which allows her to get it sooner than I can get mine (still likely months away for me). 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Some things

1. Massachusetts is finally letting people register for vaccination at the state's mass vaccination sites. I'm not immunocompromised enough to get jabbed yet, but my dad got his first dose recently.
  2. Learned last night why one of my Free Company mates started using text chat instead of voice chat: she caught COVID and it wrecked her voice. She can't speak more than a few sentences at a time because of it. She still is alive enough to get on Discord, Final Fantasy XIV and the like, but she can barely speak because of COVID.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/biden-covid-vaccine-eligible-may-1/

i hope we will have the vaccines to supply every adult to be eligible for it on May 1st. 

6 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/biden-covid-vaccine-eligible-may-1/

i hope we will have the vaccines to supply every adult to be eligible for it on May 1st. 

Also May in Canada. 

Definitely not 2021 tho. 

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-casts-doubt-on-safety-of-second-covid-19-jab-in-tweet-2021-3

why is he still like this after hes been proven wrong about covid over and over again

I can’t wait for him to tweet that a bottle of vodka can cure Covid. Bottoms up Elon! 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-casts-doubt-on-safety-of-second-covid-19-jab-in-tweet-2021-3

why is he still like this after hes been proven wrong about covid over and over again

Elon's problem, like a lot of Type A entrepreneurs, is that he confuses knowing a lot with knowing everything. Sir, just because you're good with cars and spaceships doesn't mean you're a pharmaceuticals expert.

4 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

It’s the same reason celebrities think they have to talk about politics: People in the spotlight get inflated egos and confuse popularity with importance.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

On 3/11/2021 at 10:53 PM, atxcyclist said:

Got the Johnson & Johnson one-dose today. Glad I had the opportunity but shit do I feel like I got hit by a bus this evening. Still, the amount of weight lifted off my brain getting vaccinated is worth a week of this, though it'll probably be almost over by the time I get up tomorrow. Both my parents, grandparents, and most of my other older family members are vaccinated or partially vaccinated, I could almost cry I'm so happy; We'll survive this and I'll get to see them again.

Curious, have you had COVID yet? My brother caught it a few months ago and when he got his first Pfizer shot he was back to running the same 102F fever he had with COVID, though only for a day instead of for two weeks like when was sick. Meanwhile I had pretty minimal side effects from both doses of Pfizer. Night of the first shot I just had a light headache, went to sleep early, and slept in late and was fine the next day. Day after the second shot I have chills and a light fever in the morning but 4-5 hours later felt completely normal.

49 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Curious, have you had COVID yet? My brother caught it a few months ago and when he got his first Pfizer shot he was back to running the same 102F fever he had with COVID, though only for a day instead of for two weeks like when was sick. Meanwhile I had pretty minimal side effects from both doses of Pfizer. Night of the first shot I just had a light headache, went to sleep early, and slept in late and was fine the next day. Day after the second shot I have chills and a light fever in the morning but 4-5 hours later felt completely normal.

No, I've been a recluse the last year and haven't had covid.

About 12 hours after the injection I was running a 100.6F/38C temp and that lasted a few hours. The next day I ran a slightly lower but still elevated temp most of the day and had to miss work as I had zero energy. The next day I wasn't really running a fever anymore but still pretty weak, and today I don't have one at all. I still don't feel 100%, but I had/have allergies and that's probably a contributor, my arm is also still a little sore but I'm not stiff and can get around just fine. I have done some stuff around the house today, and while it sapped my energy a bit, I don't really feel bad. I'll be back at work tomorrow I'm sure.

My reaction is certainly on the 'worse' end of the spectrum for someone without an immediate reaction, but I'm still OK with it. I'd rather this than being on oxygen the rest of my life, it's just a temporary annoyance.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Montreal is now vaccinating 65 years old and up, my wife is checking with her mom's doctor before taking the appointment, but as soon as the doc give the ok, she's taking an appointment for both her parents (her mom has chronic health issues, and my wife want to be sure there are no counter indications).

For any Canadian reading this, check your local vaccine drives, availability is extremely locally dependent.

Quebec ;
https://portal3.clicsante.ca/covid-vaccination-ouverture

Ontario ;
https://covid-19.ontario.ca/ontarios-covid-19-vaccination-plan

BC ;
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/plan

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !