COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Germany decided that the people who got their first AstraZeneca shot get transferred over to another COVID-19 vaccine even though there are no data concerning COVID-19 vaccine mixing.

That has to be some drastic shortage of vaccine shipments. AstraZeneca is one of the vaccines which has a longer timespan between shots.

Wait, isn't AstraZeneca a one shot vaccine ?

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, WrdPeter said:

Wait, isn't AstraZeneca a one shot vaccine ?

Doesn't seem so, im getting my second during summer.

Tfw some people think that a Dyson air purifier is actually working against asthma or Covid-19. 

It’s disappointing when just a few years ago, many tech youtubers became corporate shills for Dyson.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Yup, it isn't. Johnson and Johnson is a one-shot vaccine for all that I know, AstraZeneca isn't and requires the booster shot.

Must've mixed my info on AZ with the J&J one !

6 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Tfw some people think that a Dyson air purifier is actually working against asthma or Covid-19. 

Wait, really ?

What's with 2020 and 2021 ??? Feels like more and more people are happy proud to display their lack of knowledge on so many scientific subjects ... Being a skeptic doesn't mean you have to throw mainstream science down the drain and get your talking points from FB !!!

51 minutes ago, WrdPeter said:

Being a skeptic doesn't mean you have to throw mainstream science down the drain and get your talking points from FB !!!

You know what they say, in the internet everyone’s an expert. Nonetheless, I remember just few years before Covid, I myself was looking into air purifiers because of my asthma but it’s a good thing I didn’t pulled the trigger on one. However I know for a fact that viruses are way too tiny to be captured by most air purifiers anyway. SARS-Coronavirus-2 measures at 125 nm, most HEPA filters have 0.3 μm perforations which allows the virus to easily pass through.  

1 hour ago, WrdPeter said:

What's with 2020 and 2021 ??? Feels like more and more people are happy proud to display their lack of knowledge on so many scientific subjects

Here’s Dyson’s official response to the CBC segment on air purifiers:

Current test standards do not represent real living conditions.

The small chamber size is unrepresentative of a real-world environment – at around 30m3, it is small compared to the average room size in real homes, and homes rarely feature in-built circulatory or ceiling fans. This means a machine with a high CADR may actually struggle to clean the air properly when placed in a bigger room without a ceiling fan. In some cases they merely create a bubble of clean air in one corner of the room, and struggle to create whole room clean air in real living environments.

The CADR analysis method can be misleading to consumers, particularly given that CADR ratings are not generated in auto mode, and that they are inherently linked to the test chamber size.

At Dyson we believe that a purifier should clean the whole room. To do that it must be multifunctional - effectively sensing deteriorating air quality, capturing pollutants properly and projecting clean air to every corner of the room. As such, we champion testing that evaluates all three aspects of purification performance rather than focusing solely on filtration speed. Current testing methodologies that generate CADR ratings do not consider intelligent sensing nor full-room projection – two critical functions of high-performance purifiers.

Engineering is not my area of expertise but their statement looks similar to Intel downplaying Apple’s M1 chip by cherry-picking benchmarks and making outlandish statements.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/quebec-reports-1282-more-cases-of-covid-19-3-new-deaths

Doesn't surprise me, I work weekends and today there was weekday peak hour traffic. Gotta shop.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Commercial/medical HVAC systems with UV purification would kill covid, because they have a long enough path where the air is exposed to UV. Those systems are massive, I’ve stood inside one of the non-UV parts of one of those systems, you could put a pool table in just that one part.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

On 4/2/2021 at 1:08 PM, wkdpaul said:

English version ;

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/gym-outbreak-quebec-city-1.5973890

His stupidity actually made the government close all non-essential business in the area for a few weeks, before this, the COVID cases per day were around 20 IIRC (in that area).

That gym owner single handedly closed a whole city with his stupidity !

Breaking. He even allowed people to train there during the lockdown.

Gainz everywhere except brain ones.

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2021/04/03/meme-quand-cetait-ferme-il-y-avait-toujours-des-gens

13 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

It hurts my brain to read about these doofuses. As if there wasn't abundant data about the hazards of operating businesses like this with no regard to covid. People are selfish and greedy, and many people have paid the price. It's not really about the people at the gym, they have to know they're being risky, it's people around them outside the gym that are hapless victims. 

I confess I know little to nothing about the vaccination rollout up in Canada, I hope  the availability is improving and all of y'all up there are staying safe.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

7 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

It hurts my brain to read about these doofuses. As if there wasn't abundant data about the hazards of operating businesses like this with no regard to covid. People are selfish and greedy, and many people have paid the price. It's not really about the people at the gym, they have to know they're being risky, it's people around them outside the gym that are hapless victims. 

Pretty much everyone in the area is pissed at the owner and the gym members, before that they were at 20-40 cases per day since February, since the outbreak at that gym, they're now at 200+ cases per day and the region is now under stricter lockdown.

The owner was going to every news outlet he could to complain about the government measures and was obviously against lockdown and COVID prevention measures. He since got COVID himself, but he's still saying his gym followed all mandated measures (though right when cases started being reported from that gym, public health officials did an inspection and they found distancing and proper sanitization at entry wasn't respected, and as such, they closed the gym).

7 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

I confess I know little to nothing about the vaccination rollout up in Canada, I hope  the availability is improving and all of y'all up there are staying safe.

It's slow in my area, the government said they have unclaimed appointments (in my area, not sure how it's going elsewhere), they're asking that people go and get appointments as soon as they're eligible so that rollout can happen faster.

8 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

The hilarious thing about that is people keep claiming "Gyms are never the cause of outbreaks!"

Seriously. Even if people are socially distanced, the very nature of a gym makes infection significantly more likely. When you're exercising, you're increasing your breathing by very wide margins - that increases the amount of viral load you're spewing literally into the air in your surroundings (since I'm assuming most people that go to a Gym during COVID are also not wearing masks).

Good ventilation helps but only so much.

8 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

People also lie to themselves, or are lied to and believe it - lots of people (especially on Facebook) are saying that Gyms are harmless.

8 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

It's being done provincially and then further broken down by regional health units, so it varies a lot. My region is doing pretty good, as far as Ontario is concerned. Other regions are doing better. Others are doing way worse.

We're up to over 50,000 vaccine doses per day given, with about 2.5 million total doses given (Population of Ontario is approximately 14.57 million). We're at about 17% of the population (assuming single dose only, which is not necessarily the case).

I'm not eligible yet. In theory, in June or July I should be able to book an appointment (that appointment could still be a while away) - I had childhood Asthma so that *might* allow me to get the vaccine earlier. Not clear yet.

31 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Pretty much everyone in the area is pissed at the owner and the gym members, before that they were at 20-40 cases per day since February, since the outbreak at that gym, they're now at 200+ cases per day and the region is now under stricter lockdown.

Yikes.

The owner was going to every news outlet he could to complain about the government measures and was obviously against lockdown and COVID prevention measures. He since got COVID himself, but he's still saying his gym followed all mandated measures (though right when cases started being reported from that gym, public health officials did an inspection and they found distancing and proper sanitization at entry wasn't respected, and as such, they closed the gym).

What a goddamn cock. People like that are evil. They might not see themselves as evil, but they are.

It's slow in my area, the government said they have unclaimed appointments (in my area, not sure how it's going elsewhere), they're asking that people go and get appointments as soon as they're eligible so that rollout can happen faster.

I hope they're strategically administering doses to anyone who will accept it to avoid dose spoilage, if they're having issues getting people to fill appointments.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

With fitness gyms being petri dishes for Covid spread, I’m glad that I switched to home workouts. Many people underestimate that so much can be done using your own body weight as resistance, not to mention the cost savings.

4 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

With fitness gyms being petri dishes for Covid spread, I’m glad that I switched to home workouts. Many people underestimate that so much can be done using your own body weight as resistance, not to mention the cost savings.

We've been doing a Six Week home workout plan since January (We just repeat the plan from the beginning when we reach the end). Only thing you need are a small set of free-weights, and probably an exercise mat (I did the first 6 weeks just using my carpet, but that's definitely far from ideal and was pretty rough on my knees).

Most of the resistance is either done with small weights (3 or 5 pound) or using your body (eg: Tricep Dips).

You're not gonna get massively ripped using this particular plan, but whether that's a problem depends on your workout goals.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You're not gonna get massively ripped using this particular plan, but whether that's a problem depends on your workout goals.

I’m not gonna get super ripped with home workouts but resistance bands did me wonders. 

On 3/21/2020 at 8:57 AM, captain_to_fire said:

No evidence shows that antimicrobial soaps are more effective than regular bath soaps so it doesn’t matter what brand.

Really? Interesting...

55 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I hope they're strategically administering doses to anyone who will accept it to avoid dose spoilage, if they're having issues getting people to fill appointments.

Pharmacies started administering the vaccine too, and some aren't on the government appointment system as they use their own, so it's the current understanding that some people went to their pharmacist instead and that could explain why they're not filling all the appointments.

It's only a theory for now but that would make sense.

6 minutes ago, DeMarcus Lopez said:

Really? Interesting...

Needless to say, you’re better off with plain soaps than antibacterial soaps when it comes to preventing coronaviruses. Also, plain soaps tend to be cheaper.

https://www.ahealthiermichigan.org/2020/01/06/the-difference-between-plain-and-antibacterial-soap/

I don't wanna say it, but unfortunately I'm starting to think that this whole thing will become endemic

there is not really an international cooperation, each governments do as it suits for self interest

and (almost) each government is more worried about economic pressures

vaccinations are slow as fuck

there are already predominant mutation (who had been tracked) going around, and it's still uknown if the vaccines do work aganist them, the japanese variation seems to circumvent vaccines (from early news)

11 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

With schools being petri dishes for Covid spread...

ftfy

In all honesty, I never expected Covid to last as long as it has. Back last year, I thought it would last 2 months, tops. Yet here we are, over a year later. I've been lucky because I live in a smaller, more isolated area, so the lockdown restrictions were never that strict, and there's probably only been 200 cases here since the outbreak. I haven't even been vaccinated because I've never tested positive, and I haven't been exposed to anyone who has had it. Dunno when or even if I'll get vaccinated because i'm not required to do it yet.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

CA will be fully reopened on June 15th and doing away with the tier system. Hope on the horizon as more vaccines are coming in.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/California-to-eliminate-tier-system-fully-reopen-16080761.php

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

13 hours ago, EjectedCasings said:

ftfy

In all honesty, I never expected Covid to last as long as it has. Back last year, I thought it would last 2 months, tops. Yet here we are, over a year later. I've been lucky because I live in a smaller, more isolated area, so the lockdown restrictions were never that strict, and there's probably only been 200 cases here since the outbreak.

You're very fortunate! I hope your area keeps low case numbers.

I haven't even been vaccinated because I've never tested positive, and I haven't been exposed to anyone who has had it.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your rationale here - the Vaccine is not for people who have tested positive (though there is research going on to see if a Booster shot would be useful for long term immunity for people who have already had COVID).

Dunno when or even if I'll get vaccinated because i'm not required to do it yet.

Why would you not get it? Unless you cannot get the vaccine for medical reasons (as advised by a medical expert) - such as immunocompromised - there is literally no reason for you to avoid the Vaccine.