COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 minute ago, minibois said:

Pain.

The other day I talked about the "corona test events" they are beginning to hold, to experiment with the viability of large events, possibly with no PPE/social distancing.

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/nederland/artikel/5217198/1-op-de-5-bezoekers-guido-weijers-voorstelling-deed-geen-test (source is in Dutch)

One of these events was a live show from a comedian, held for 500 people. This experiment - as far as I could read - had a couple different groups of people, with varying states of "corona guidelines". As far as I could tell, some groups had PPE, some didn't, etc.

Anyways, the idea was test them before, test them after and that is what the conclusion of the experiment would be based on.

Except, 20% of people (100 people!!!!) didn't have themselves tested after the event.

As I've heard, there was a designated place for people to have themselves tested - which for some was about 100KM away (which is a large distane, for a country that is like 200x350KM width and height) - but that seems like something they may have known before hand.

Now our corona minister (yes, that's a real title) was - obviously - mad about it and apparently made snide remarks to the comedian involved, the comedian made remarks on his side, apparently they called and they're good buddies now..

But the comedian did on TV say "welll, it doesn't matter some people didn't test afterwards! this experiment was about guidelines in the theater!" obviously missing the point completely that this would be very important information.

What a bunch of rubbish.

Seems like this was a procedural/enforcement problem.

First, if they wanted to run this experiment, why weren't all participants screened at the door, forcing them to provide proof of a recent COVID test?

Granted, you can simply disregard the data for those 100 people and still gather some information, so it's not a complete wash.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Yup. I'm certain that they knew of that beforehand because people are usually showered with necessary information before they are accepted for such experiments. And given the fact that they most likely knew it but still went there without going to get themselves tested afterwards, that makes it appear (at least in my eyes) that they just went with the test to go see a public event without really wanting to contribute. I think that these that weren't tested (because they'll keep personal data most likely, given the fact that it was an experiment) should get fined.

Yup. But it still somewhat distorts the study, doesn't it? Because the group sizes and sample sizes will change with these 20% not having gotten a test.

Oh for sure - they won't get an accurate number. Or rather, the confidence interval will simply be higher than otherwise.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Seems like this was a procedural/enforcement problem.

First, if they wanted to run this experiment, why weren't all participants screened at the door, forcing them to provide proof of a recent COVID test?

Granted, you can simply disregard the data for those 100 people and still gather some information, so it's not a complete wash.

Let's hope without this 20% if the group is still representative of all theater visiting people.

Plus, it's also a case of let's say one of these 100 people did test positively after the event, I would think that's important for the other 99 people who have not had themselves tested.

I am sure some stupid bureaucracy is behind some of this - like why couldn't these 100 people just get themselves tested at a local facility - but it still hurts the experiment's validity.

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I think that these that weren't tested (because they'll keep personal data most likely, given the fact that it was an experiment) should get fined.

At the very least barred from the coming events, it just seems so shitty to basically screw with the data.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Next week, my states terrible governor is removing almost all mandates and safety requirements put in place for covid. Basically we’re all going to be thrown directly into the meat grinder so shareholders can make more money. Done with Texas, I will be moving elsewhere as soon as possible.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Just now, atxcyclist said:

Next week, my states terrible governor is removing almost all mandates and safety requirements put in place for covid. Basically we’re all going to be thrown directly into the meat grinder so shareholders can make more money. Done with Texas, I will be moving elsewhere as soon as possible.

it's as if deregulation isn't that great of an idea ... *looks at TX power grid*

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

it's as if deregulation isn't that great of an idea ... *looks at TX power grid*

Exactly. As if the state’s failures hadn’t killed a few dozen people a few weeks ago, they apparently want more.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

monkaS do i have covid? i feel hot (fever) and cold at the same time but i dont really have any other symptoms 

Vaccine eligibility is being open up, up here.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2021/03/03/alaska-expands-covid-19-vaccine-eligibility-to-include-those-who-are-55-and-older-essential-workers-and-high-risk-populations/

Internally at work we got an email that conflicts with the current eligibility, but we may be under slightly different rules. (Lots of workers come from out of state and we are considered essential, never closed down out of all this COVID stuff). Parts of the email are cut off due to company privacy policies. March 13th is my day to get it!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.793fa10eb8f73af254e1ddc5b099b18d.png

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

monkaS do i have covid? i feel hot (fever) and cold at the same time but i dont really have any other symptoms 

People with COVID experience a wide range of potential symptoms. Some may have every symptom on the list, or just a handful, or just one. Or even none at all.

We cannot tell you if you have COVID. If you legit have a fever, you should be booking a COVID test literally RIGHT NOW with your local health unit. Also, please self-quarantine until you have the test results, and make sure your family knows you could have it, and anyone that lives in the same household should also be quarantining until your results come back.

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Go to the doctor 🤔

DO NOT GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!

Call them on the phone.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

On 1/8/2021 at 1:13 AM, atxcyclist said:

I have to say that I'm very agitated right now. I have friends (basically most of my circle) that are talking about purposefully not going to get vaccinated, for reasons like: 'It's my body and my choice', 'it hasn't been tested long enough yet', 'others will get it so I really don't need to', 'authoritarianism shouldn't be rewarded or accepted'.

Am I stupid? Has this last 9 months warped me so bad that I'm being stupid for wanting this vaccination as soon as it's my turn to get one? Am I a hilariously bad choice of character? And if I'm none of those things, what should I do? Gloss over this and take the risk of getting it when things get opened back up? Disregard friends and embrace solitude? I have an immediate family member in my "covid bubble" that ticks a few of the co-morbidity checkboxes and I want to do everything I can to protect them. I'm basically in a position where I can either be a shit friend or a shit family member, so I have to go with being a shit friend? Right?

It's like there are no correct answers at the end of this.

You are not stupid for wanting the Vaccine for Corvid-19 or any Disease. At first I was quite shocked why anyone in a Western Nation will refuse to get one. Unless they have a Valid Medical reason not to.

I have been wondering how Various Jurisdictions are dealing with Homeless people? I've been seeing a lot Homeless people since beginning of last year.

3 hours ago, whm1974 said:

You are not stupid for wanting the Vaccine for Corvid-19 or any Disease. At first I was quite shocked why anyone in a Western Nation will refuse to get one. Unless they have a Valid Medical reason not to.

There are people here that tend to confuse freedom and the concept of individual liberty. They see freedom as doing whatever they want, unquestionably with no oversight or boundaries, and there are people that believe that is what was intended when our Constitution was framed. Wearing a mask or getting a vaccination hits them in their freedom zone so they reject it, and coupled with the fact that many don't believe covid exists or whatever, it's a really bad combination.

What is actually meant by individual liberty, as it's supported by The Constitution, is that people are free to do what they want as long as they do not negatively impact others. There are responsibilities in liberty that anti-maskers and their ilk ignore or forget. Trespassing against someone else doesn't fall under the umbrella of liberty, and being a disease vector in public doesn't fall under any legal protection.

I have made the choice for myself and will 100% be getting the vaccination as soon as my group is allowed. I'll stay the hell away from everyone I know until vaccination rates are high enough to support medically-defined herd immunity, but not a day before.

As an aside, the people that want freedom without responsibilities forget something very crucial: 

Jacobson VS Massachusetts in 1905. This case was brought by a man that wanted to disregard getting a smallpox vaccination against the laws in the area he lived. The case went all the way to the Supreme Court, and was decided in favor of Massachusetts, so they could in fact require someone to be vaccinated in order to interface with society. This decision still stands, so anti-vax people when discussing compulsory vaccinations during a pandemic have no legal ground to stand on.

It will upset a lot of people if the Federal Government decides to enforce a vaccination mandate, but for such an innocuous expectation of citizenry to promote the health of their fellow people, they're going to comply or face punishment. Tough shit is what I say, I got my polio and other vaccinations when I was a child and have continued to get boosters when necessary, it's not a big deal and people need to get over it. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

6 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

There are people here that tend to confuse freedom and the concept of individual liberty. They see freedom as doing whatever they want, unquestionably with no oversight or boundaries, and there are people that believe that is what was intended when our Constitution was framed. Wearing a mask or getting a vaccination hits them in their freedom zone so they reject it, and coupled with the fact that many don't believe covid exists or whatever, it's a really bad combination.

What is actually meant by individual liberty, as it's supported by The Constitution, is that people are free to do what they want as long as they do not negatively impact others. There are responsibilities in liberty that anti-maskers and their ilk ignore or forget. Trespassing against someone else doesn't fall under the umbrella of liberty, and being a disease vector in public doesn't fall under any legal protection.

I have made the choice for myself and will 100% be getting the vaccination as soon as my group is allowed. I'll stay the hell away from everyone I know until vaccination rates are high enough to support medically-defined herd immunity, but not a day before.

As an aside, the people that want freedom without responsibilities forget something very crucial: 

Jacobson VS Massachusetts in 1905. This case was brought by a man that wanted to disregard getting a smallpox vaccination against the laws in the area he lived. The case went all the way to the Supreme Court, and was decided in favor of Massachusetts, so they could in fact require someone to be vaccinated in order to interface with society. This decision still stands, so anti-vax people when discussing compulsory vaccinations during a pandemic have no legal ground to stand on.

It will upset a lot of people if the Federal Government decides to enforce a vaccination mandate, but for such an innocuous expectation of citizenry to promote the health of their fellow people, they're going to comply or face punishment. Tough shit is what I say, I got my polio and other vaccinations when I was a child and have continued to get boosters when necessary, it's not a big deal and people need to get over it. 

This may sound strange but by the turn of the 20Th Century the exising Anti-Vaccine Folks more or less died out. Aside from few oddballs. The Current Moment was brought about due to an Actor Family who mere claimed that their son's Autism was caused by him getting the required vaccinations. And of course Social Media helped.

Just now, whm1974 said:

This may sound strange but by the turn of the 20Th Century the exising Anti-Vaccine Folks more or less died out. Aside from few oddballs. The Current Moment was brought about due to an Actor Family who mere claimed that their son's Autism was caused by him getting the required vaccinations. And of course Social Media helped.

Jenny McCarthy; Proof that Hollywood celebrities can have have too much pull on society. 

Anti-vax people are direct players in their own somewhat self-extinction tactic. It's a shame medically-vulnerable people have to suffer their bad choices. I'm just happy that most frontline medical workers here have been vaccinated, because with our states leadership dropping covid restrictions, there will be a lot of people going to emergency rooms with covid in the next few months.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

3 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Jenny McCarthy; Proof that Hollywood celebrities can have have too much pull on society. 

Anti-vax people are direct players in their own somewhat self-extinction tactic. It's a shame medically-vulnerable people have to suffer their bad choices. I'm just happy that most frontline medical workers here have been vaccinated, because with our states leadership dropping covid restrictions, there will be a lot of people going to emergency rooms with covid in the next few months.

That is likely what had happen to the earlier Movements. Enough of them died off or survived one of the epidemics and changed their minds.

On 3/3/2021 at 2:10 PM, Benji said:

Go to the doctor 🤔

23 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

People with COVID experience a wide range of potential symptoms. Some may have every symptom on the list, or just a handful, or just one. Or even none at all.

We cannot tell you if you have COVID. If you legit have a fever, you should be booking a COVID test literally RIGHT NOW with your local health unit. Also, please self-quarantine until you have the test results, and make sure your family knows you could have it, and anyone that lives in the same household should also be quarantining until your results come back.

23 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

DO NOT GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!

Call them on the phone.

got tested yesterday now im going to quarantine until i get the results

i dont feel like im dying just sore joints, fever, and feeling weak so im not going to the doctor yet lol

Looks like Europe is panicking a little now....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56279202

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

i dont feel like im dying just sore joints, fever, and feeling weak so im not going to the doctor yet lol

Plenty of water & rest but its also important to not be a hero, if you notice a bad cough or any breathing difficulties you must call for help ASAP.

Chances are you've got some other Winter bug and you'll be right as rain in a few days.

WTF does "right as rain" even mean?

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

Oh you want to avoid an actual Doctors office unless your symptoms worsen. Getting the test was the important thing. 

Stay safe and let us know the results when they come in, my dude. 

On 3/3/2021 at 1:25 PM, whm1974 said:

I have been wondering how Various Jurisdictions are dealing with Homeless people? I've been seeing a lot Homeless people since beginning of last year.

Here's how Anchorage is working with it.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/anchorage/2021/02/27/a-year-in-sullivan-arena-may-be-the-biggest-mass-homeless-shelter-in-the-nation-what-happens-next/

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

27 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Really Glad to read that. I've been homeless myself for a few months back in 2009.

Not to get too far off on this one, but that's one of the big reasons I've stayed up here. I grew up down in the lower 48. Moved here 2 weeks after high school. The entire state feels like one community. It's a huge help in times like now.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Watched the news and every one predicted a baby boom due to the lock downs, because well no one had anything else to do. Seems those predictions were not correct. Birth rates in the US are pretty bad, Covid only made them worse. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Benji said:

But I heard that the divorce lawyers are quite busy 😉

I'd definitely like to engage in these sorts of activities 🤤😏

Too bad my Prince Charming won't show up at my doorstep, lol. 🤣

From all I've heard, people are way too much in each others' grills and are pretty much over-stressed, so that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. In these "TV interviews" where they just randomly interview people on the street, they're pretty much all overwhelmed because they're all in the same room for hours and all have to do home office or school or whatever at the same time, so I can see how you may not be interested in these kinds of activities.

Doesnt help that Millennials are in the position that they are. Many cant afford to start a family. Which is the other side of this, we are being smart about it. At least in the US, not sure how the rest of the generation is doing else where. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.