COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 minute ago, Benji said:

No, but they can afford condoms. Maybe it would calm them down, who knows? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thats the thing. More people in my generation are turning to contraceptives. That one thing they stated on the news when they interviewed a doctor. He said more come in about how to prevent having kids vs those who are trying. He further stated he gets stats each day for the number of births and a much much lower than it used to be. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

That actually sounds like a positive aspect in these terms for the US. 🙂

Of course the older generations are complaining. Less babies = less workers = less social security for them. But my generation is never going to get that so, why do we care? 

Yeah less people means less burden on the Earth. They stated that in like 2030 the world population will peak like just under 10 Billion and by the end of the century it will decrease by 1 Billon. 

Trying for some sense of normality. I think in a year like this the Iditarod is even more important to us as a state. The trail has been used for hundreds of years, but the race its self has to do with viruses and vaccines. The current races are a memorial to the 1925 run. 

Spoiler

The most famous event in the history of Alaskan mushing is the 1925 serum run to Nome, also known as the "Great Race of Mercy." It occurred when a large diphtheria epidemic threatened Nome. Because Nome's supply of antitoxin had expired, Dr. Curtis Welch refused to use it and instead sent out telegrams seeking a fresh supply of antitoxin. The nearest antitoxin was found to be in Anchorage, nearly one thousand miles away. To get the antitoxin to Nome, sled dogs had to be used for part of the journey, as planes could not be used and ships would be too slow. Governor Scott Bone approved a safe route and the 20-pound (9.1 kg) cylinder of serum was sent by train 298 miles (480 km) from the southern port of Seward to Nenana, where just before midnight on January 27, it was passed to the first of twenty mushers and more than 100 dogs who relayed the package 674 miles (1,085 km) from Nenana to Nome. The dogs ran in relays an average of 31 miles (50 km) each, with no dog running over 100 miles (160 km).

This year instead of going to Nome for the end of the race, it's going to roughly the 1/2 way mark, turning around and ending back at Deshka's Landing. They're doing everything they can to avoid villages off the road system and towns in general. This time last year the winner was trying to get back to Norway. There's a link in the article below to a different article with the trainwreck that his travel home was. 11 weeks later, a long flight on a plane that happened to be retired and going to museum near Oslo, he and his dogs finally got home. 

https://www.adn.com/outdoors-adventure/iditarod/2021/03/04/is-the-iditarod-still-happening-yes-will-it-end-in-nome-no-heres-what-to-know-about-the-2021-race/

This race is the reason why this is an article up here. Summed up, there's places up here that still have 0. Yes 0 cases of COVID 19. When it all started they shut ALL travel down to their communities and held to that.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/rural-alaska/2021/02/27/unscathed-these-alaska-villages-are-reaching-herd-immunity-without-a-single-case-of-covid-19/

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Quebec pretty much pays you to have kids and the birthrate isn't that higher. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 3/4/2021 at 3:18 PM, Benji said:

All the best 🙂

Keep us posted on how it goes (only if you want to, of course)! 🙂

22 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Oh you want to avoid an actual Doctors office unless your symptoms worsen. Getting the test was the important thing. 

Stay safe and let us know the results when they come in, my dude. 

yep ill say when i get the test results which i will apparently get tomorrow-monday. and i dont have medical insurance so going to avoid the hospital as much as possible

I had to go get labs today for my normal conditions that I've put off for a year.

Strapped with 3M N95, cloth on top, normal eyeglasses.

Most everyone had a decent or double mask.

Some people had gaiters, or flimsy cloth masks.

It kind of sucked but I got my labs done.

Hope I didn't catch anything and that the results indicate my organs are working the way they're supposed to.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

59 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

I had to go get labs today for my normal conditions that I've put off for a year.

Strapped with 3M N95, cloth on top, normal eyeglasses.

Most everyone had a decent or double mask.

Some people had gaiters, or flimsy cloth masks.

It kind of sucked but I got my labs done.

Hope I didn't catch anything and that the results indicate my organs are working the way they're supposed to.

Was the lab managing the amount of people in the waiting room or anything?

Gaiter masks are actually worse than no mask at all, because they are so tight, yet so fine/thin, that they literally atomize your breath, so your saliva particles will stay in the air for significantly longer periods.

I wish that Governments would start banning the ineffective (or worse than nothing, in this case) mask types, like Gaiter masks.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

18 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Was the lab managing the amount of people in the waiting room or anything?

Gaiter masks are actually worse than no mask at all, because they are so tight, yet so fine/thin, that they literally atomize your breath, so your saliva particles will stay in the air for significantly longer periods.

I wish that Governments would start banning the ineffective (or worse than nothing, in this case) mask types, like Gaiter masks.

They had a 2-booth intake screener - survey then IR temperature check. Useless vs. asymptomatic spreaders, but hey it might mitigate the symptomatic ones.

Had a lab person doing intake to the room. I kept away from people as much as possible. Generally was able to maintain at leas 6 feet (still insufficient).

Yeah, I know gaiters are horrible. I saw people in other departments with them, but none directly in the lab. Majority of lab patients were disposable + cloth on top.

My understanding is the best is going to be a real N95 (which I have a handful of for higher risk encounters), followed by disposable + cloth + badger or some other brace which is quite close to N95.

I use the disposable + cloth (Gildan tie type) + badger seals if I'm not using a real N95.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Signed up for a vaccine appointment but decided to cancel it. Too close to midterms and I’m worried I might get some of the symptoms side effects to hinder performance. Trying to get one before March 15th though because more will be eligible, meaning less chances for an appointment up for grabs. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

2 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

They had a 2-booth intake screener - survey then IR temperature check. Useless vs. asymptomatic spreaders, but hey it might mitigate the symptomatic ones.

According to research, asymptomatic accounts for approximately 30-40% of cases, so screening would still filter out the majority of potential infected people.

There's not much you can do about asymptomatic people anyway aside from social distancing and mask wearing.

Had a lab person doing intake to the room. I kept away from people as much as possible. Generally was able to maintain at leas 6 feet (still insufficient).

How long were you in the intake room for?

Yeah, I know gaiters are horrible. I saw people in other departments with them, but none directly in the lab. Majority of lab patients were disposable + cloth on top.

Same with what I see here - some people wear them but most have cloth masks and many are starting to double up.

My understanding is the best is going to be a real N95 (which I have a handful of for higher risk encounters), followed by disposable + cloth + badger or some other brace which is quite close to N95.

I use the disposable + cloth (Gildan tie type) + badger seals if I'm not using a real N95.

N95 is still hard to come by here. You can find them in some places, but the prices are quite high too.

2 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Signed up for a vaccine appointment but decided to cancel it. Too close to midterms and I’m worried I might get some of the symptoms side effects to hinder performance. Trying to get one before March 15th though because more will be eligible, meaning less chances for an appointment up for grabs. 

Just my opinion, but this is an incredibly bad decision, unless midterms are literally the next day or something.

Most people only have side effects for a day or two after, if any at all.

Get a vaccine as soon as you can.

Granted, if we're talking about just a few days different, sure. But even waiting a week can make a big difference.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Just my opinion, but this is an incredibly bad decision, unless midterms are literally the next day or something.

Granted, if we're talking about just a few days different, sure. But even waiting a week can make a big difference.

I rescheduled to an earlier time bracket tomorrow because when I went to reschedule, more slots curiously opened up.

I work at 9:30am pst the following morning so here’s hoping I don’t have that much side effects. I don’t usually have any from flu vaccines.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

According to research, asymptomatic accounts for approximately 30-40% of cases, so screening would still filter out the majority of potential infected people.

There's not much you can do about asymptomatic people anyway aside from social distancing and mask wearing.

How long were you in the intake room for?

Same with what I see here - some people wear them but most have cloth masks and many are starting to double up.

N95 is still hard to come by here. You can find them in some places, but the prices are quite high too.

About 20 minutes - it wasn't very busy. Did what I could, N95+cloth+stay the fuck away from everyone lol.

Guess we'll see. Had to find out if my kidneys still work, I guess.

1st shot of Pfizer gave me about a day of tiredness, that's about it.

The local dialysis clinic has started offering vaccines to anyone that goes there that wants them. A few riders today were quite happy that they got their first vaccine shots. 😄

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Just now, Sarra said:

The local dialysis clinic has started offering vaccines to anyone that goes there that wants them. A few riders today were quite happy that they got their first vaccine shots. 😄

My father is on dialysis; he got fully vaccinated via Moderna last month through the VA.

Mom got her second Pfizer two weeks ago. They're both in their early 70s.

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

My father is on dialysis; he got fully vaccinated via Moderna last month through the VA.

Mom got her second Pfizer two weeks ago. They're both in their early 70s.

My parents are in their 80's, and they both got their fist shots. They're getting the second shots soonish... I'm glad the people I deal with at work are getting the option for vaccines, though, since, quite literally, they are the most likely to pass away if they get Covid.

Luckily, almost everyone has been wearing masks. We have actually been instructed that if anyone takes their mask off and refuses to put it back on, we call our dispatcher, then we literally pull over where safe, and kick them off the vehicle. As of end of shift today, 0 persons have been kicked off any of our vehicles. We do a lot of cleaning, now. Our brand new vehicles (I drove one today, it has 2,200 miles on it) are going to need new seat covers by the time they hit 20,000 miles, we're going to clean the seats into nothingness. 😧

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Both my parents got the Astrazeneca vaccine. YAY

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

I'm finally getting the vaccine on Monday.  It's the J&J vaccine, but I'm finally getting it.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Just got my first Pfizer vaccine shot and currently chilling the needed 15 minutes after receiving it. 

19 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I'm finally getting the vaccine on Monday.  It's the J&J vaccine, but I'm finally getting it.

It's still pretty effective! And with J&J, it's one shot — you just have to wait for full protection to kick in.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/03/06/eclosion-dans-une-residence-ou-20-des-employes-sont-vaccines-1

In French but basically only 20% of employees in an old people home were vaccinated, so there's an outbreak. 

I see plenty of supportive comments regarding this on FB, basically muh freedom vaccine bad. This is pathetic and should be mandatory.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Damn you Covid. It caused a Starbucks nearby me to close that always used to be packed pre-2020. Now the one across the street in the next plaza over is the one I have to go to. Dislike ones with drive thrus though. 

19 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/03/06/eclosion-dans-une-residence-ou-20-des-employes-sont-vaccines-1

In French but basically only 20% of employees in an old people home were vaccinated, so there's an outbreak. 

I see plenty of supportive comments regarding this on FB, basically muh freedom vaccine bad. This is pathetic and should be mandatory.

It really is sad. I have a feeling lots of people here in the US wont get it either. Unfortunately they cant force people and I dont think they will even try. The fact we have national guard troops protecting our nations capital is pretty much the reason they wont force the issue. All we can hope is that enough people get vaccinated to help  reduce the numbers enough. 

Please tell everyone you know including your loved ones to not fall for fake Covid-19 vaccines sold in underground networks. Just wait for their turn to get the real vaccine from actual hospitals.

Fake COVID vaccine distribution network dismantled after INTERPOL alert

Edit: I just realized that now, pasting a URL automatically includes the title of the web page. Thanks colonel_mortis :old-smile:

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside