COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

Please remove this if it's not allowed, I'll preface it so there's no misunderstandings.

An undergrad at the University of Saskatchewan set out to track vaccination numbers issued by Public Health Units all across Canada with several volunteers. The information they provide on the numbers of vaccinations being administered is in the public domain, but they've brought it together and made it a much more friendly format on their website.

The information posted on the website is from municipal / provincial entities - The website is NOT ran by a government entity. If these links are not allowed, please feel free to remove my comment.

https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

16 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

Please remove this if it's not allowed, I'll preface it so there's no misunderstandings.

An undergrad at the University of Saskatchewan set out to track vaccination numbers issued by Public Health Units all across Canada with several volunteers. The information they provide on the numbers of vaccinations being administered is in the public domain, but they've brought it together and made it a much more friendly format on their website.

The information posted on the website is from municipal / provincial entities - The website is NOT ran by a government entity. If these links are not allowed, please feel free to remove my comment.

https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

I've used that site before - it's very useful.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

the CDC's vaccine finder is a jebait. i looked at it and i was like wow so many walgreens etc have the vaccine in stock but when i go to register its like nope lol

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Well, Germany terminated all AstraZeneca vaccination appointments... Because 7 cases out of 1.7 million vaccinations had cerebral venous sinus thrombosis. That are already thought of to be cause by something else, but not the vaccine. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Now theit lockdown loosening debate has been postponed because they have to re-plan due to cancellin AstraZeneca vaccinations.

From an article I've read, the ratio is at, or lower than the general population average for those, so here in Canada, we haven't stopped using it and the federal and provincial government are doing radio and TV interviews to pass the message to explain that (heard 2 interviews already on the local radio about this).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just got poked with the 2nd shot of that Pfizer juice.

Gonna be an interesting next few days, from what I hear.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

We hit the 1 month mark with no mask mandate(keep in mind most of Alaska is very sparsely populated and we have towns that never had a case of COVID) or mandatory quarantine or testing of incoming travelers. While there is a bump, and it could be much better, this is very hopeful. We are still #1 in the nation for vaccination rate per capita. Last week vaccinations opened up to everyone 16 and older. We got a huge start on vaccinations because of tribal obligations and the vast majority of people up here work in an essential job in one way or another.

Spoiler

IKC4GZUKKFFWVJMIJZZRX3TFT4.jpg

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

6 hours ago, Benji said:

Well, Germany terminated all AstraZeneca vaccination appointments... Because 7 cases out of 1.7 million vaccinations had cerebral venous sinus thrombosis. That are already thought of to be caused by something else, but not the vaccine. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Now their lockdown loosening debate (which was scheduled to be tomorrow IIRC) has been postponed because they have to re-plan due to cancelling all AstraZeneca vaccinations.

The thing is, the venous thrombosis is more likely to be caused by other co-morbidities than the vaccine itself. Good thing for us, they’re not stopping the rollout of Sinovac and ChAdOx1 from AstraZeneca. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

8 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Just got poked with the 2nd shot of that Pfizer juice.

Gonna be an interesting next few days, from what I hear.

How're you doing? Your post is from 8 hours ago but from what I've heard that's right at the beginning of when side effects can start. Hope it goes easy on you and it doesn't last too long.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

We’re calling it the luck of the Irish here that we moved to the less restrictive red tier just in time for St. Patrick’s day. Compare to a year ago the whole State had been shut a down now restaurants can be opened in doors at limited capacity and other businesses like gyms.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

My fiancee had her first shot on Monday - turns out it was Pfizer. Her reaction was very minimal. Her arm became slightly sore about 4  hours after the shot (shot was at around 4 PM, soreness was late in the evening). The next day her arm hurt a bit more but was fine by the evening.

Unfortunately (Thanks Doug), we found out that her appointment to get the 2nd shot is in... July. Fucking July. She has to wait Four months to get the booster shot (Pfizer recommends 21 days between boosters, and specifically recommended that the Government not space them out just to get more people on Shot #1).

Fuck that made me mad when she got the 2nd shot appointment date. All just so that "on paper" it looks like we're vaccinating more people.

Yes, having the 1st shot means she has better protection then nothing, but the booster is what provides the massive immune boost.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

My fiancee had her first shot on Monday - turns out it was Pfizer. Her reaction was very minimal. Her arm became slightly sore about 4  hours after the shot (shot was at around 4 PM, soreness was late in the evening). The next day her arm hurt a bit more but was fine by the evening.

Unfortunately (Thanks Doug), we found out that her appointment to get the 2nd shot is in... July. Fucking July. She has to wait Four months to get the booster shot (Pfizer recommends 21 days between boosters, and specifically recommended that the Government not space them out just to get more people on Shot #1).

Fuck that made me mad when she got the 2nd shot appointment date. All just so that "on paper" it looks like we're vaccinating more people.

Yes, having the 1st shot means she has better protection then nothing, but the booster is what provides the massive immune boost.

Bruh she wouldn't even have a first shot in sight in Quebec.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Bruh she wouldn't even have a first shot in sight in Quebec.

No loss there. While I enjoy the history, I don't think I would ever want to live there.

Ironically is she's fairly fluent in French and would probably love living there.

I am getting vaccinated on Saturday! Wooo!

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Not really a conspiracy theory, but I doubt Quebec's health minister got the Astra-Zeneca vaccine by coincidence like everyone else. Ya know, PR.

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Not really a conspiracy theory, but I doubt Quebec's health minister got the Astra-Zeneca vaccine by coincidence like everyone else. Ya know, PR.

To be fair, it's about the only one in any amount of excess supply.

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

To be fair, it's about the only one in any amount of excess supply.

Fair enough.

Then again I'm happy he took he Astra-Zeneca and that's going to be influential. Media already making a fuss about a 79-year-old who had thrombosis.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/03/18/une-thrombose-apres-son-vaccin

17 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Fair enough.

Then again I'm happy he took he Astra-Zeneca and that's going to be influential. Media already making a fuss about a 79-year-old who had thrombosis.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/03/18/une-thrombose-apres-son-vaccin

Well, to be fair, "le journal" isn't even worth the paper it's printed on.

17 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Well, to be fair, "le journal" isn't even worth the paper it's printed on.

Must admit I liked their take on the protest against sanitary measures.

9 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7697781/covid-alert-app-data-effectivness/

Do they think that inputting that you have the 'rona sends a non-anonymous notification to your contact list?

Yeah, it's really not popular for some reason, and people keep complaining about privacy (good thing to be worried about), while posting on Facebook from their phone (oh the irony).

I got vaccinated last weekend. Thought it be nothing... a damn brickload of "nothing". Yet the side-effects lasted only 24H

AstraZeneca

I edit my posts more often than not

15 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Must admit I liked their take on the protest against sanitary measures.

True, personally I've stopped reading it and I'm always avoiding it as a news source, I don't remember what was the news, but a good 5-6 years ago, there was a big front page news where they basically "clickbaited" the title and subtitle of the article, claiming something in the title, but if you read the article, it went to explain the opposite ... again, I don't remember the news itself, but I remember having quite a lot of arguments with people outraged about the news, because most didn't read past the title and subtitle and as such, had a completely false understanding of what had happen.

It didn't last long and people (myself included) forgot about it, but I didn't forget that they influenced the narrative quite a lot with this BS tactic (not saying other news outlets won't do the same, I avoid some other blatantly biased news source too, I'm just very vocal about this one because it's local).

Well this is incovenient:

image.thumb.png.eb0f42fb28d60c44e97e9a880db4d166.png

Jesus fooking christ:

image.thumb.png.1a3866a8a649a03c45268f2311d06f44.png

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

Seems like there's a link that was found for the blood clots with the AstraZeneca vaccine, and a treatment to go with it.

https://amp.dw.com/en/astrazeneca-german-team-discovers-thrombosis-trigger/a-56925550