COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You're very fortunate! I hope your area keeps low case numbers.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your rationale here - the Vaccine is not for people who have tested positive (though there is research going on to see if a Booster shot would be useful for long term immunity for people who have already had COVID).

Why would you not get it? Unless you cannot get the vaccine for medical reasons (as advised by a medical expert) - such as immunocompromised - there is literally no reason for you to avoid the Vaccine.

I'm not Anti-vax or whatever, and I haven't really followed the vaccine. As for why would I not get it? Well, in my area they are only doing clinics of 200 doses at a time, and since i'm not in a risk group and there are a lot of geriatric people who live here, I figure that it'd be best for them to get theirs before I do.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

Just got the Covid Test back, and my Dad has Covid. Gonna have to quarantine and stay away from school/ anything public.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

Alright, so the gov't announced that schools are opening again and that the students will have to be tested for covid. And then they showed us basically this:

image.thumb.png.f2ed5638b73c74eaa18def4e7caf4ff6.png

(Source: Czech TV, Události, 7/4/2021)

As you can see, Bohemia (the blue region) is gonna use one type of the test. But Moravia and Silesia (the orange region) is gonna use a different type.

And I'm over here asking, why divide it like this? How's it gonna be in the Vysočina region? (the striped region)

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

3 hours ago, FakeATF said:

I'm not Anti-vax or whatever, and I haven't really followed the vaccine. As for why would I not get it? Well, in my area they are only doing clinics of 200 doses at a time, and since i'm not in a risk group and there are a lot of geriatric people who live here, I figure that it'd be best for them to get theirs before I do.

I'm not saying that you should try and get it before people who are at high risk do.

But once it becomes available to the general public, there is literally no reason for you to avoid it. COVID can still post a risk to a younger person, even if the risk of death is next to zero.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, King of Memes said:

Just got the Covid Test back, and my Dad has Covid. Gonna have to quarantine and stay away from school/ anything public.

Sorry to hear that. Have you had it? Hopefully he can isolate if you haven't, but suffice it to say you'll need to be absolutely vigilant about disinfecting things, washing and the like if you're living with him, even if he sticks to one room as much as possible.

30 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Sorry to hear that. Have you had it? Hopefully he can isolate if you haven't, but suffice it to say you'll need to be absolutely vigilant about disinfecting things, washing and the like if you're living with him, even if he sticks to one room as much as possible.

yes, he is isolating in his room. my mom has to sleep in the guest bedroom. We wash our hands a lot and i currently haven't left the house since he started having symptoms. we have to clean the house a lot to. hes gonna be fine, but it could take a while. 

4 minutes ago, King of Memes said:

yes, he is isolating in his room. my mom has to sleep in the guest bedroom. We wash our hands a lot and i currently haven't left the house since he started having symptoms. we have to clean the house a lot to. hes gonna be fine, but it could take a while. 

Glad to hear it... it's going to be rough, but if you can avoid getting sick (or at least any serious symptoms) for the next while, you'll emerge stronger.

Just now, Commodus said:

Glad to hear it... it's going to be rough, but if you can avoid getting sick (or at least any serious symptoms) for the next while, you'll emerge stronger.

yes, some of my siblings are having light symptoms, i currently am having none

https://www.journaldequebec.com/2021/04/07/covid-19-un-client-du-mega-fitness-gym-serait-decede

There's a first death regarding that massive outbreak that occurred in a Québec gym, leading to 170+ cases and numerous other places infected. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

https://www.journaldequebec.com/2021/04/07/covid-19-un-client-du-mega-fitness-gym-serait-decede

There's a first death regarding that massive outbreak that occurred in a Québec gym, leading to 170+ cases and numerous other places infected. 

The gym owner should be charged with Manslaughter. They caused that death, period.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So like everyone 16+ years can get the vaccine now in Michigan. I signed up at the Meijer pharmacy near me, as they were advertising it. The only thing is, you sign up to be notified about doses. Then they present you with appointment times. You can select from that list or decline if you need a better day. Its a round about way of doing it, but Im ready to get this bad boy and be done with it all. My mom and aunt signed up. My dad got his first dose a few weeks ago and gets the second dose on my birthday. 

On a side note, I had to renew my Drivers License. Went to the Secretary of State (DMV for those outside of Michigan), because as of October of this year you need a "Real ID" to get on an airplane. Ended up going for the enhanced. This was the most painless experience I ever had at the SOS. I had an appointment time of 1:50p EST. I showed up about 1:38. I got in a few minutes later. They called 2 names. Those people were not there. I get called next, after showing some documentation, answering a few questions, an eye exam, a picture and $45 I got the whole thing done. I was on the road by 1:53. The employees seemed much nicer and happier than the last time I went in. I guess not having to deal with long lines and ass holes all day really pays off. Other than a dumb ass who tried to get in while I was leaving but didnt seem to have an appointment. The SOS employee said no appointment, you can leave. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

My city moved in the orange tier recently, so less restrictions and more places are open like bowling alleys and movie theaters. Gyms can also be indoors at 25% capacity.

The move into the orange tier came the same day California reached its goal to vaccinate 20 million residents, including four million people in the hardest-hit communities.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/san-diego-county-tier-update/509-fc21367b-217d-44cf-9e4e-f37e75e8edd8

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

6 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

My city moved in the orange tier recently, so less restrictions and more places are open like bowling alleys and movie theaters. Gyms can also be indoors at 25% capacity.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/san-diego-county-tier-update/509-fc21367b-217d-44cf-9e4e-f37e75e8edd8

It feels like the positions of Canada and the US have reversed in the space of a few weeks. Canada was the model of how to keep the virus in check while the US was plague central; now, the US is opening up thanks to vaccines while Canada is battening down the hatches as a new wave hits hard and vaccinations are limited. Domestic vaccine production and economic clout go a long way in this phase of the pandemic, it seems.

19 hours ago, King of Memes said:

yes, some of my siblings are having light symptoms, i currently am having none

Stay strong man, you'll get through this.

19 hours ago, Red 🙂 said:

Alright, so the gov't announced that schools are opening again and that the students will have to be tested for covid. And then they showed us basically this:

<snip>

As you can see, Bohemia (the blue region) is gonna use one type of the test. But Moravia and Silesia (the orange region) is gonna use a different type.

And I'm over here asking, why divide it like this? How's it gonna be in the Vysočina region? (the striped region)

Huh. I thought Silesia was a town in Poland?
*some google-fu later...* Ooohhh it's, a region that covers parts of Poland, Czech Republic and bit of Germany.

As for that multicoloured region... uuhh... guess they could play a massive CTF match?

Meanwhile here in Spain, we're riding high in our 4th wave, while the government and healthcare ministry can't just make up their f**ing minds about AstraZeneca.
Now we use it!
Now we don't!
Now it's for youths!
Now it's for noone!
Now it's only for a certain spectrum of not-too-elder ages!

Jesus Christ what a joke...

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

It feels like the positions of Canada and the US have reversed in the space of a few weeks. Canada was the model of how to keep the virus in check while the US was plague central; now, the US is opening up thanks to vaccines while Canada is battening down the hatches as a new wave hits hard and vaccinations are limited. Domestic vaccine production and economic clout go a long way in this phase of the pandemic, it seems.

Yeah that vaccine manufacturing base really helped the US swing around - but you have to consider the consequences as well.

The US, even with the mass vaccinations, have had significantly higher deaths than we are seeing here in Canada. And while the vaccination rates in Canada seem bad, they really aren't that bad.

Having a look at the tracker, Canada now has over 10 million doses delivered (that's roughly enough for 1/3rd of the population with a single dose each). Of those, a little over 7 million have been administered.

That's about 20% of the population vaccinated (roughly 37.6 million total population). Is that great? No. But it could be worse.

Ontario has received about 4 million doses, and has vaccinated 2.8 million people (single dose). That's also roughly 20% of the population (slightly higher than the national average actually).

Obviously none of these numbers are 100% accurate, given the fact that some people have been fully vaccinated, and others have not, and the current model is that you get your second dose 4 months after the first.

My region provides more accurate data: We've administered about 101,000 doses, and about 15,000 people are fully vaccinated (roughly 600,000 people live in the region).

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeah that vaccine manufacturing base really helped the US swing around - but you have to consider the consequences as well.

The US, even with the mass vaccinations, have had significantly higher deaths than we are seeing here in Canada. And while the vaccination rates in Canada seem bad, they really aren't that bad.

Having a look at the tracker, Canada now has over 10 million doses delivered (that's roughly enough for 1/3rd of the population with a single dose each). Of those, a little over 7 million have been administered.

That's about 20% of the population vaccinated (roughly 37.6 million total population). Is that great? No. But it could be worse.

Ontario has received about 4 million doses, and has vaccinated 2.8 million people (single dose). That's also roughly 20% of the population (slightly higher than the national average actually).

Obviously none of these numbers are 100% accurate, given the fact that some people have been fully vaccinated, and others have not, and the current model is that you get your second dose 4 months after the first.

My region provides more accurate data: We've administered about 101,000 doses, and about 15,000 people are fully vaccinated (roughly 600,000 people live in the region).

The casualty point is important... it's just rough when you have to treat stepping outside like an expedition because you could get a dangerous disease from touching a crosswalk button.

4 hours ago, Rauten said:

Huh. I thought Silesia was a town in Poland

ik you already know this, but silesia is a region in czechia/poland and some germany, i'm not going to go further before this post gets deleted for being too political

Lockdown back at 8 pm in Montréal. 

Also you need to wear your mask outside and even inside at work even if your office is closed. 😕

On 4/7/2021 at 5:22 PM, dalekphalm said:

Why would you not get it? Unless you cannot get the vaccine for medical reasons (as advised by a medical expert) - such as immunocompromised - there is literally no reason for you to avoid the Vaccine.

If I'm not wrong, inactive vaccines should be less risky and provide some type of protection even if you are immunocompromised

Anyway, I'm sorry but I just don't understand what's the point of vaccinating the elders first, unless it's not for politcal reasons / testing reasons

most of the contacts are made from youngster and middle ages, and they usually are numerically inferior to elders, so it would take less time to vaccinate those, and at the same time you will decrease the spreading of it

meanwhile again politics is just a pain in the ass, like in Italy, yeah we should also vaccinate for first teachers and lawyers because they have contact with the public

but those are BULLSHITS, most of those jobs are being done remotely, they have no fucking reasons to be vaccinated for first, but you know, those factions have also huge influence to governments

1 hour ago, 12345678 said:

If I'm not wrong, inactive vaccines should be less risky and provide some type of protection even if you are immunocompromised

I'm not a doctor, so I cannot advise you on personalized vaccine decisions - some people may be able to get some of them, or maybe not.

Anyway, I'm sorry but I just don't understand what's the point of vaccinating the elders first, unless it's not for politcal reasons / testing reasons

The biggest reason for doing the Elderly first is risk of death. A younger person has a better chance of recovering (even if there might be complications).

most of the contacts are made from youngster and middle ages, and they usually are numerically inferior to elders, so it would take less time to vaccinate those, and at the same time you will decrease the spreading of it

It's a weighted risk. You have to decide which is worse.

meanwhile again politics is just a pain in the ass, like in Italy, yeah we should also vaccinate for first teachers and lawyers because they have contact with the public

With limited supply, you often have to be very very selective. In Ontario, they've just started Phase 2 of vaccinations, which expands those eligible by a wide margin (including teachers, I believe).

but those are BULLSHITS, most of those jobs are being done remotely, they have no fucking reasons to be vaccinated for first, but you know, those factions have also huge influence to governments

I can't comment on lawyers, but with Teachers, in person teaching is invaluable (and far more effective for most students), so by targeting them for vaccinations, you can get kids back into classrooms sooner.

Plus, lots of places are forcing teachers to teach in person anyway - vaccine or not.

I’m at a seaport bar and grill restaurant. I’ll just say I’m glad I’m vaccinated with my mask handy. But I’m dining outside right by the water. Less anxious. 🙂 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X