Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

That was fun. Passed everyone else lol

Way way too short

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I changed my low beam today and the damn blinker bulb rubber cover fell down to the bottom of the car so i had to poke it with a pry bar get on the wet cement and take off part of the plastic under body to get it back. ?

@warmmilk tl;dr drove a 488 around a track and while it was fast 

it felt like it was missing power... maybe because NOLA is so wide open? Idk lol

also it’s easy to misjudge braking on a track

i need to go do some trackdays and learn the whole flow lol

ill post the video later 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

ugh

what a blow, so because of my high balances. Their lenders want me to have a qualified co-signer.
I'm just gonna talk to my contact at my credit union again on Monday.

I know it's only $2,700 but I've had a hard time saving money lately because I haven't been getting hours at my previous job and I just started a new job.

I'd wager if my great grandma were still here, I could've worked something out with her. But unfortunately we lost her last year.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

ugh

what a blow, so because of my high balances. Their lenders want me to have a qualified co-signer.
I'm just gonna talk to my contact at my credit union again on Monday.

I know it's only $2,700 but I've had a hard time saving money lately because I haven't been getting hours at my previous job and I just started a new job.

I'd wager if my great grandma were still here, I could've worked something out with her. But unfortunately we lost her last year.

If you’re struggling to buy a $2700 car you prob shouldn’t get a car

Spoiler

Just waiting to get paint made. The door is sanded. And I bought a spray gun. 

20190928_175640.jpg

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

it felt like it was missing power... maybe because NOLA is so wide open? Idk lol

ill post the video later 

bruh thats sick. What other cars were on the track?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

8 minutes ago, vetali said:

bruh thats sick. What other cars were on the track?

911 GT3 (maybe RS? Not sure)

huracan lp610-4

Not sure where I topped out on the straight but I saw 150+ the one time I looked lol

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

If you’re struggling to buy a $2700 car you prob shouldn’t get a car

it's because I just got a new better paying job lol

my old job wasn't giving me enough hours

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

22 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

911 GT3 (maybe RS? Not sure)

huracan lp610-4

Not sure where I topped out on the straight but I saw 150+ the one time I looked lol

Thats a fun selection. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

4 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I changed my low beam today and the damn blinker bulb rubber cover fell down to the bottom of the car so i had to poke it with a pry bar get on the wet cement and take off part of the plastic under body to get it back. ?

I really hate it when I lose something in my car like this because I've no idea how to take the panels off, and worse still neither does the internet. I feel your pain!

Did some FSAE stuff today... even on a go kart track these things are scary fast. Nothing scarier than a stuck throttle going into a fast corner that's wet, plowing onto the grass with full oppo and still going until you hit the tec-pro and the parking lot fence behind it.

@warmmilk

DSC09477.JPG

DSC09916.JPG

DSC00214.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

37 minutes ago, vetali said:

Thats a fun selection. 

The “please Keep it in automatic mode” rule I was not a fan of tho 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

The “please Keep it in automatic mode” rule I was not a fan of tho 

please sounds like a suggestion. 

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

please sounds like a suggestion. 

Yeah like those yellow speed signs for curves.

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

ill post the video later 

really? after driving a miata all the time, a 488 felt slow??? hahaha

when you say misjudge braking, you mean to early or too late?

looking forward to vid

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Did some FSAE stuff today... even on a go kart track these things are scary fast. Nothing scarier than a stuck throttle going into a fast corner that's wet, plowing onto the grass with full oppo and still going until you hit the tec-pro and the parking lot fence behind it.

@warmmilk

-snip-

I've done something similar on my evo... but thats enclosed in a car so a lot less scarier than I imagine this was... FSAE cars/karts could be pretty damn fast

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

16 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

looking forward to vid

Yeah I’m not sure how lol. And I haven’t autocrossed in like a year, so you think I would of been filled with adrenaline and it would of felt fast but I really wasn’t 

Around 140-150 I was like “ok we’re moving now” ? 

easy to brake too late. If they didn’t have the cones out and the instructor didn’t cal it out It would have taken me a while of going too slow to figure it out without dying 

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

looking forward to vid

I've done something similar on my evo... but thats enclosed in a car so a lot less scarier than I imagine this was... FSAE cars/karts could be pretty damn fast

This one was an earlier incident. Exiting the corner on power, the rears lit up and the car snapped to the right. He tried to correct but the tires were scrubbing on full lock as he was still veering to the right When he did regain control (wheels striaght) he was already in the tec-pro.

DSC09829.thumb.jpg.c6b57cf75f56b6cbb8dd8aed01fb6b5d.jpg

Understandably some of these guys aren't experienced racers but the racecraft at times was fairly questionable, but conditions were tricky so there's that.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah I’m not sure how lol. And I haven’t autocrossed in like a year, so you think I would of been filled with adrenaline and it would of felt fast but I really wasn’t 

Around 140-150 I was like “ok we’re moving now” ? 

easy to brake too late. If they didn’t have the cones out and the instructor didn’t cal it out It would have taken me a while of going too slow to figure it out without dying 

lol, yeah, a buck and a half isn't fast at all...

braking too late is a pretty common thing for autoxr's moving to track days, especially if you're on a car like the 488 which hides speed

6 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

This one was an earlier incident. Exiting the corner on power, the rears lit up and the car snapped to the right. He tried to correct but the tires were scrubbing on full lock as he was still veering to the right When he did regain control (wheels striaght) he was already in the tec-pro.

DSC09829.thumb.jpg.c6b57cf75f56b6cbb8dd8aed01fb6b5d.jpg

Understandably some of these guys aren't experienced racers but the racecraft at times was fairly questionable, but conditions were tricky so there's that.

yeah sticky tires in the wet are tricky even for experienced racers, there's not much of a middle ground.  its mostly just sticking or not

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

lol, yeah, a buck and a half isn't fast at all...

braking too late is a pretty common thing for autoxr's moving to track days, especially if you're on a car like the 488 which hides speed

So that’s why. Makes sense now

i feel like youd  get 90% of the experience in a Cheaper car setup well for a track, or even have more fun because you won’t care as much about the car being so expensive.

The power and downforce is nice though... being able to brake so hard without locking up is awesome

Spoiler

honestly sick of these error pop ups. I've checked the fuses and replaced the bulbs, but the fog lights, rear reversing light and now the side light error popups never go away. 

3bvbav.jpg.b97229685b70658342566523a1191c1f.jpg

Replacing the front and rear shocks/struts on my sister's 08 Outback.

Just got a new skookum impact gun so I'm hoping things go well.

Thoughts and prayers welcome.

17 minutes ago, Snadzies said:

Replacing the front and rear shocks/struts on my sister's 08 Outback.

Just got a new skookum impact gun so I'm hoping things go well.

Thoughts and prayers welcome.

You know what you gotta do right....

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

So that’s why. Makes sense now

i feel like youd  get 90% of the experience in a Cheaper car setup well for a track, or even have more fun because you won’t care as much about the car being so expensive.

The power and downforce is nice though... being able to brake so hard without locking up is awesome

yes and no... on the one hand a cheaper well setup car will track great, on the other hand, you can only unshit a shitbox so much...

but I know what you mean, I drove an F430 at one of those track experience things in vegas and was really disappointed... I'd rather track my miata any day of the week.  But that GT3RS I drove... now thats a different story...

First true two bucket style wash. Wasn't perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than it was before 

20190929_153507.jpg

20190929_153518.jpg

20190929_153531.jpg

20190929_153541.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25