Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

If the tail gate is that rusty, what's it look like under it and especially around where the struts attach to the body?

5 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

I'd also have to look at what labor would cost for tires since I have an idea of what a set of 4 new tires would cost.

Not sure how it works for you guys in the States but over here fitting is usually included in the cost of the tyre. Otherwise its roughly a tenner a tyre for fitting and balancing

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Not sure how it works for you guys in the States but over here fitting is usually included in the cost of the tyre. Otherwise its roughly a tenner a tyre for fitting and balancing

I presume the fitting is included but some places are weird

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

7 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

bruh if the rust is that bad- get something else. Maybe the trailblazer if its got a 5.3

6 hours ago, Bitter said:

If the tail gate is that rusty, what's it look like under it and especially around where the struts attach to the body?

Well that’s what I should ask next, but that doesn’t seem like a whole lot of rust for a Minnesota car. You have to remember, this is Minnesota.

7 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

me and my guy are both looking at 2000s SUVs that both start with T but one was co developed with Ford and the other is the larger replacement for the S-10 Blazer.

I was having an interesting conversation with a seller of a 2005 Mazda Tribute. It's got a V6 with 4WD.

I'm pretty impressed on how much information about how they took care of it and it seems they kept it pretty well, they got it in 2009 and the second owner (it was a lease for the first 4 years of its life).

I ran an autocheck on it because if I can get funding for it I would honestly buy it once I get an idea of costs for fixing a valve cover gasket that's leaking a little and fixing a seized parking break from not being used and then getting stuff to do some very small rust repair on the tailgate. I'd also have to look at what labor would cost for tires since I have an idea of what a set of 4 new tires would cost.

mazdas from like 90s up until like 2010 are not worth it cause of the rust issues they had (it may look fine .. .but the rust doesnt always show up trough the paint )
either find one without rust or you have to look for a different brand 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

7 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

bruh if the rust is that bad- get something else. Maybe the trailblazer if its got a 5.3

All I’m gonna be able to afford is the I6 lmao 

5 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

mazdas from like 90s up until like 2010 are not worth it cause of the rust issues they had (it may look fine .. .but the rust doesnt always show up trough the paint )
either find one without rust or you have to look for a different brand 

You could say the same for a lot of northern owned cars 

Just now, pinksnowbirdie said:

All I’m gonna be able to afford is the I6 lmao 

You could say the same for a lot of northern owned cars 

no, i could say the same for most cars of that era ... in areas that had any kind of colder weather or slightly heavy rain .... 
its when manufacturers started cutting costs on rust protection until they realized that cars start to rust in the warranty period 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

6 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

no, i could say the same for most cars of that era ... in areas that had any kind of colder weather or slightly heavy rain .... 
its when manufacturers started cutting costs on rust protection until they realized that cars start to rust in the warranty period 

Well and that’s what’s I’m trying to say. All I can afford is cars of that era yeah some were better than others but a little bit of rust doesn’t scare me. I dunno how bad cars tend to rust over there, but here in Minnesota. We use some very harsh chemicals for metal on our roads in the winter. My moms trailblazer Was a rental in New York for the first year or so then spent a few months in Arkansas before being registered in North Dakota and then being sold here and there’s some rust on the doors mostly on that lower part but still 

i haven’t seen it in person yet, but when I do I’m gonna make sure that’s the only rust

So maybe you should look for a car somewhere else or for a car from somewhere else or for a different car that's not known for failing structurally when badly rusted? Why throw your money away on a car that's going to punch a strut through the hood when you hit a pothole and then cost $1,500 to fix? Seems pretty stupid. In your price range trying to get a 4WD SUV is going to get you a pretty shitty and probably unreliable 4WD SUV, so what's the point in having 4WD if the SUV is always busted parked in the driveway? Get a cheap car like a Pontiac Vibe or a 09+ Civic or something and a set of good tires, maybe a second set of steels and snows if you have some storage space.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:02 AM, TVwazhere said:

The only place to find me 

20190912_175800.jpg

I mean other then my rear view mirror? :P....Keep thinking about that and you'll realize thats because I have a mustang and went into the building and your parked behind me.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

This is going to be an awesome racing series. Can't wait. And just listen to that glorious V8 music! :D

@chaozbandit @warmmilk

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

20 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Rain does not cause rust. Salt causes rust. We live in oregon and theres rust free cars from the 70s rolling around. 

Case in point.

Never buy a car thats spent its life around the coast

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

8 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Case in point.

Never buy a car thats spent its life around the coast

im technically 50 miles or so from coast. things dont rust here.

So maybe right on the coast.

It's road salt I think is the biggest problem really

I actually work on a salt dome too lol. but it's all underground

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

After having mine repaired, you just know I'm trying to find somewhere to garage it for Winter :P 

Also, controversial opinion; I like the hotdogs from Five Guys, more than the burgers

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

1 minute ago, Ross Siggers said:

Also, controversial opinion; I like the hotdogs from Five Guys, more than the burgers

I've never had their hot dogs, but then again I'm not huge into hot dogs in general. There's a Smashburger nearby that location too and I wasnt impressed. I hate Moes/Chipotle (not a burrito person)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Why are fog lights so expensive lol wanna kms 

Gonna spend like 160 bucks on two tiny fog lights smh 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

6 minutes ago, veldora said:

Why are fog lights so expensive lol wanna kms 

Gonna spend like 160 bucks on two tiny fog lights smh 

can't spend on my fog lights because they don't work anyway

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

im technically 50 miles or so from coast. things dont rust here.

So maybe right on the coast.

It's road salt I think is the biggest problem really

I actually work on a salt dome too lol. but it's all underground

The opposite tends to be true here. Helps to explain why cars that have sat in ports for ages before heading to the dealership can have rust spots on them

57 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I've never had their hot dogs, but then again I'm not huge into hot dogs in general. There's a Smashburger nearby that location too and I wasnt impressed. I hate Moes/Chipotle (not a burrito person)

So being in the UK...we don't have any of those other chains you mentioned xD My favorite burger place is called Byron Burger, but i'm 100% sure they're just here, and mostly in London too.

They do a mean vegetarian burger, the only place where I'll regularly consider it over the carnivorous options :3 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

4 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

This is going to be an awesome racing series. Can't wait. And just listen to that glorious V8 music! :D

@chaozbandit @warmmilk

Oooh that looks fun. Neat powerplant to chuck in their regular Formula 3 car (Ligier built it to 2018 spec).

Auto_Enginuity_jbazay_5.jpg

Could make for some fun racing since cars of this category usually arent too spectacular for racecraft spectacle. I got to watch the OG Formula 5000 cars a few years ago and those cars are pretty archaic in comparison.

VVGP-18 27.jpg

VVGP-18 151.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Rain does not cause rust. Salt causes rust. We live in oregon and theres rust free cars from the 70s rolling around. 

actually its a combination of some sort of moisture and salt that usually makes cars rust

also there are some rust free mazdas rolling around here ... which i still am surprised about ... 

3 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

actually its a combination of some sort of moisture and salt that usually makes cars rust

also there are some rust free mazdas rolling around here ... which i still am surprised about ... 

Toyotas and Mitsubishi and other junk imports have rust issues. Not so much mazda. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 hours ago, veldora said:

Toyotas and Mitsubishi and other junk imports have rust issues. Not so much mazda. 

2q84S5K.jpg

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

It's not rust, it's camouflage.

rusty_zps9dfe1e20-55837e0d972dd.jpg

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

10 hours ago, veldora said:

i guess you have never seen a true mazda ?

but its not just jap cars ... its like nearly all cars of that era ... some were better some were worse