Mitsubishi faked fuel economy test

NumLock21

Mitsubishi HQ was raided recently when the government found out they have been faking fuel ecomomy on some of their cars sold in Japan. The data manuplitation was done on cars produced after June 2013, on their "Wagon", "Space", "Dayz", and "Dayz Roox", which are all produced for Nissan. A former manager confesses to the fake data when he told his employees to do so. Their stock fell 20%, with the additional 15% on Wednesday, when the news got out. Mitsubishi will need to submit their full report to the goverment by April 27. 

http://m.euronews.com/en/330591/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Volkswagen did it to, right? Maybe they are just doing what they think is within their right to report.

1 minute ago, JPotze said:

haha that is funny. Mitsubishi is a hard word to type out :P

Try Volkswagen.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

Just now, JPotze said:

i'm dutch so that wouldn't be that of a challenge for me after all. :) 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Try Koenigsegg.

You know us American's can't spell anything longer than four letters.
Ford. Ha... ah, ya, it's not as funny.

4 minutes ago, DioOmicida said:

And I even haven't used Messerschmitt or Autokinitoviomihania Ellados. :(

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Try Koenigsegg.

korneigseieigggeggssgeig

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 hours ago, DioOmicida said:

True we can't

Jeep

GMC

Cheverolate

Cadilllllac

Pontiiqack

Crysiler

:P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

And I even haven't used Messerschmitt or Autokinitoviomihania Ellados. :(

Are we just face rolling the keyboard now?

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Jeep

GMC

Cheverolate

Cadilllllac

Pontiiqack

Crysiler

See, That's how I thought those companies spelled them and the dealership road signs were just wrong.

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

korneigseieigggeggssgeig

DAMN. I wanted to do the Top Gear joke.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

16 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Try Koenigsegg.

Koenigsegg <3 totally my favorite brand :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, DioOmicida said:

Are we just face rolling the keyboard now?

See, That's how I thought those companies spelled them and the dealership road signs were just wrong.

We can't pronounce it right either :P

Update: linked correct video

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

26 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Try Koenigsegg.

Koninzigzigzigzigzig

I can't even pronounce the bloody thing.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

34 minutes ago, JPotze said:

haha that is funny. Mitsubishi is a hard word to type out :P

"Mit-SU-Bishi" is a good way to remember it\

but even then some might write "Mitsubeeshe" LOL

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

28 minutes ago, Enderman said:

korneigseieigggeggssgeig

22 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

Ah good memories of the good old TG.  

21 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

DAMN. I wanted to do the Top Gear joke.

To be fair it was Koenigseggisseggggnignigsegigisegggg. It has 15 gs. 

I think they did even a longer one?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

To be fair it was  Koenigseggisseggggnignigsegigisegggg. It has 15 gs.

its better with the korn

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Getting on topic: this isn't news. Every single car manufacturer has been doing this since, I don't know, forever? Real world tests and driving habits have already shown and concluded that the manufacturer stated fuel economy is like what, 30-40% under the actual fuel economy? It's partly to blame on the manufacturers themselves for intentionally lowering the fuel usage on a car in their spec sheets, but also on the EPA (and the EU equivalent NEDC) for using very, very, VERY not-real-world scenarios when doing the fuel economy tests on vehicles. Like, it's laughable.

Here's the NEDC test, as tested by Dutch YouTube channel Autoblog. It has translations, so don't worry about not understanding a word they're saying.. 

It's laughable. Like, to a point where it actually stops being funny and becomes an obvious fuck-over for consumers. 

Ye ole' train

Nissan outed them, and they are expected to get compensation from Mitsubishi for the manipulations. 

Lord of Helium.

I've heard about this on the news almost everywhere... So which companies can we trust anymore?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

korneigseieigggeggssgeig

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Well really it's up to people what they want. Do you either want a car that has a descent amount of power or would you rather a car that lack any power. Why are we putting impossible targets onto car manufacturers. Do governments know how hard it is to lower emission without making a car that is unsafe because it's underpowered. Or is this just going to be the catalytic converter crap all over again. Takes time to make cars better, you can't just go this is your limit now have fun building a descent car that meets that limit.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

3 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

And I even haven't used Messerschmitt :(

Americans can spell that because we're trained to recognize the name. Shoot with a .50 I believe is the standing order.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.