Forum hosts have to pay compensation for insulted users

Well apparently forum hosts have to pay compensation for users that are getting insulted. So they plan on taking the freedom of speech away. I mean if someone is getting insulted why do moderators exist on forums. And in fact some people could actually use this system to their advantage. Provoke a person and then make it seem like he/she insulted them first.

The europeen court for human rights has delivered a judgement stating that a forum host has to pay compensations to one of its users that got insulted by other users mainly because they didn't delete the insulting posts quick enough. So in fact if any of you would insult me here and warmane wasn't quick enough with deleting this post i could sue molten for compensations (if the forum is hosted in the eu, Ukraine, Russia, Turkey, the swiss or any other country connected to the council of the European union.

source

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpolitik/gerichtshof-urteilt-zu-beleidigungen-in-nutzerforen-a-1039058.html

Couldn't find any source in English so bear with Google translate.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

I think your title is misleading.

Das Gericht betont in einer Mitteilung zu dem Urteil, dass es hier um ein kommerzielles Nachrichtenangebot gehe, und nicht um "andere Foren im Internet, wo von Dritten Kommentare verbreitet werden können, zum Beispiel ein Internetdiskussionsforum, ein Bulletin Board oder eine Social-Media-Plattform".

So the judgment is just for commercial news sites. IT IS NOT targeted at forums like LTT or other discussions/social media platforms.

@nicklmg who do I contact for my compensation cheque?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Oh wow, can't wait for LMG get on this one on the WAN show, and I'm never hyped about the WAN show.
Time to start shitposting and getting them $$$.

And please change the Ucraine to Ukraine.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Lol, but I love drinking the tears of ppl getting butt hurt. Honestly, get off the internet or places that have open debate, discussion and opinions, because you're going to get hurt lol. Not a place for the sensitive.

But, those cases where someone is legitimately being personally attacked...you just have to address it to the leadership in place. No need for pain and suffering money imho. But maybe I'm not as understanding lol. Idk.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

noreply@nothappening.not :P

Fixed.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I AM SO INSULTED BY THIS FORUM AND EVERYTHING ON IT, I NEED COMPENSATION NOW!

(There goes my plan  :P

So the judgment is just for commercial news sites. IT IS NOT targeted at forums like LTT or other discussions/social media platforms.

)

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Another news thread where people just read the title and post their uninformed waste of server space for cheap likes.

Come on. It doesn't take long to actually read the article, or any article for that matter. A little logic gets you a long way.

I am domass and I deserve it :D (Yea I noticed the catch in article now)!

Sorry Linus but pay up.. I cant take those insults on my person especialy when it is from me. /jk

Of course it is. This forum is 90% teenage drama queens that just want something to be angry about.

Edit: And I cringe every time someone pulls out the "Freedom of Speech" card, not even understanding what the 1st amendment actually means.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Another news thread where people just read the title and post their uninformed waste of server space for cheap likes.

Come on. It doesn't take long to actually read the article, or any article for that matter. A little logic gets you a long way.

Dude, calm down. This forum is full of shit posts. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Nope, Unless someone has diliberatley insulted someone I think if someone feels insulted by the forum itself they should just leave. 

If someone actually has the balls to insult someone on LTT they should leave.

My opinions. 

IZ U CALLIN MI AUNT A HIPPO???

M8 Gis ME TENNA YH?!

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Wow EU, be more retarded. Almost as retarded as The UN

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So they plan on taking the freedom of speech away.

Freedom of Speech doesn't imply you can just insult people whenever you want.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

noreply@nothappening.com :P

Email sent, eagerly awaiting my cheque.  :D 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Freedom of Speech doesn't imply you can just insult people whenever you want.

That's not what i meant. Every person looses their cool one day. What if the person provokes you and you end up insulting him or similar situations.That's what i was referring to. 

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

id tell that european court to go f'd themselves if I was the forum host

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

It's hard to do shit like this since the internet is knows the boundaries of no nationwell the us has control of almost all registered domanies but anyways. So let's say some EU resident decides to try to get compensation from lets say some random murican based forum, what is the EU going to do if the company refuses to pay up? Order all ISPs in the EU to block it? Stupid people who waste time unenforceable and unrealistic laws. 

Do any of these dumb shits in any country actually experience or use the internet beyond their AOL email and online banking?