Forum hosts have to pay compensation for insulted users

Indeed, but to some extent, the law allows for you to express your opinion, offensive or not. That's why the KKK is legally allowed to have parades in the US. (admittedly, bad example lol). Not to mention the argument "I didn't start the fight, I expressed my opinion, and they chose to react with violence". There's always a grey area. Even more so when lawyers are involved.

Yeah, definitely is a grey area, especially because of how the different states handle the law differently. But in general they recognize that rights are not absolute.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of how law is done in the states, especially in regards to rights. The system seems very chaotic and not very straightforward.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Wow EU, be more retarded. Almost as retarded as The UN

The European court for human rights has delivered a judgement stating that a forum host has to pay compensations to one of its users that got insulted by other users mainly because they didn't delete the insulting posts quick enough. So in fact if any of you would insult me here and warmane wasn't quick enough with deleting this post i could sue molten for compensations (if the forum is hosted in the eu, Ukraine, Russia, Turkey, the swiss or any other country connected to the council of the European union.

Just to point out, the Council of Europe and Council of the European Union are not the same thing. The European Court of Human Rights was established by the European Convention on Human Rights treaty. This was signed by all Council of Europe member states back in the 1950's, long before the EU became a thing. That treaty and the court helped stabilise a continent that had almost destroyed itself during WW2. Sure, the court has made some questionable rulings in recent times, but lets not forget all the good it's achieved.