Forum hosts have to pay compensation for insulted users

That's not what i meant. Every person looses their cool one day. What if the person provokes you and you end up insulting him or similar situations.That's what i was referring to. 

Then you may need to learn self-control at that point.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

im so offended that the url isnt ltt.com. wheres my million bucks?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

what is this? I mean u dont even have to pay a fine for insulting someone in public, but now you do on the internet??? Wat on earth...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Then you may need to learn self-control at that point.

Everyone is different and also what if a 10 year old insults you , will the same action be taken? Come on it's a kid then.

what is this? I mean u dont even have to pay a fine for insulting someone in public, but now you do on the internet??? Wat on earth...

Our world in a nutshell .. xD

Anyway why do websites have administrators , moderators and such to deal with this stuff , just let them do their thing.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Freedom of Speech doesn't imply you can just insult people whenever you want.

Another child who doesn't understand that freedom of speech is a social-philosophical concept and not entirely legal...

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Of course it is. This forum is 90% teenage drama queens that just want something to be angry about.

Edit: And I cringe every time someone pulls out the "Freedom of Speech" card, not even understanding what the 1st amendment actually means.

Again, another child.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Everyone is different and also what if a 10 year old insults you , will the same action be taken? Come on it's a kid then.

I consider them to be a child - self control is not inherently valid there. The child's brain is still developing and I don't expect it to know any better.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Another child who doesn't understand that freedom of speech is a social-philosophical concept and not entirely legal...

I didn't say it had anything to do with legality. I don't see how my view makes me a child.

Freedom of Speech doesn't imply you can just insult people whenever you want.

Actually it does. What you can't do is threaten, or harass them. Insulting someone is not necessarily harassment

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

noreply@nothappening.com :P

I'm telling the EU!!!11!1!11!1

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Actually it does. What you can't do is threaten, or harass them. Insulting someone is not necessarily harassment

But the problem is, most people these days are so easily offended they see it as harassment, because "feels dude", hell people already feel harassed when you say something like "fuck off idiot"

(Dont let me start about feminazis)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

But the problem is, most people these days are so easily offended they see it as harassment, because "feels dude", hell people already feel harassed when you say something like "fuck off idiot"

(Dont let me start about feminazis)

Honestly, if people realized that you shouldn't give a fuck as to what some one says, the world would have a lot less problems. What exactly can words do to you when you actually take a step back and think?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Unfortunately I do not know German and I do not trust google translate to give me the details.  -_- 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I find that insulting! Where's my monay!

^essentially what this "law" boils down to.

Sorry @LinusTech you're not going to be able to move into the new office now xD

it is for European users and Forums.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

it is for European users and Forums.

I know, it was a joke...

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Wow EU, be more retarded. Almost as retarded as The UN

I'm from EU and I feel offended. Now I'm gonna milk this forum so much they'll only be able to afford consoles. Meanwhile in reality...

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Well there is slander and defamation of character type situations. And those aren't typically just a small fine.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well there is slander and defamation of character type situations. And those aren't typically just a small fine.

There's also disturbing the peace and disorderly conduct.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Actually it doesn't. Like most developed countries in the world, the court recognizes that your rights are not absolute and are subject to limitations and exceptions. For example, if what you said starts a fight (you said something really rude and a fight broke out because of it) then your speech is not protected. There's a few other limitations, but I'm sure you can Google to find them.

On top of that, you could be charged with disorderly conduct/disturbing the peace if you go around swearing at people.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Actually it doesn't. Like most developed countries in the world, the court recognizes that your rights are not absolute and are subject to limitations and exceptions. For example, if what you said starts a fight (you said something really rude and a fight broke out because of it) then your speech is not protected. There's a few other limitations, but I'm sure you can Google to find them.

On top of that, you could be charged with disorderly conduct/disturbing the peace if you go around swearing at people.

Indeed, but to some extent, the law allows for you to express your opinion, offensive or not. That's why the KKK is legally allowed to have parades in the US. (admittedly, bad example lol). Not to mention the argument "I didn't start the fight, I expressed my opinion, and they chose to react with violence". There's always a grey area. Even more so when lawyers are involved.