Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
On 9/16/2020 at 9:43 AM, TomvanWijnen said:

So? I won't move just because graphics cards are a little cheaper elsewhere, so the prices here are the only prices that matter to me.

Yeah, component price vary wildly depending on location. Something that might make sense to me here in Canada price wise, might not to someone in Aisia, or even Europe.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

7 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Since everything is offensive these Days, i sadly cant share anything.

With the "non-offensive" part I expected people to use some degree of common sense, so most of them are probably fine.

Unless any of them are openly discriminatory - in which case, they aren't.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

$10 more for games is justified.

I remember paying $79.99 CDN for games in the late 90s. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

9 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

$10 more for games is justified.

I remember paying $79.99 CDN for games in the late 90s. 

I'd happily pay more if it meant that they'd stop having microtransactions. Sadly, that'll never happen though because it's just too big of a money maker for the industry. There is just too much money in impulse purchases with them.

Not sure if it's been said before, but manufactures don't need to come out with a new product every year. I see no point in it except for those who will buy said product for the first time. I'd rather a product have a release of 2-3 years minimum. Give them time to make things faster, smaller, more power efficient, or whatever else pertains to that product. Be it cars, phones, or GPUs.

2 hours ago, imreloadin said:

I'd happily pay more if it meant that they'd stop having microtransactions. Sadly, that'll never happen though because it's just too big of a money maker for the industry. There is just too much money in impulse purchases with them.

Super Smash Bros Melee, probably the best 60 or 70 CAD (It's been so long I don't remember the exact price) I've spent on a game. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

This thread is a contradiction. An unpopular opinion is by definition offensive to the majority of people.

:D :D :D I imagine that opinion will be very unpopular.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

I know it says nothing offensive but...

Eating pizza with knife and fork is superior

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Let me just chime in with a couple more of my own.

1) exclusive partnerships with specific retailers are dumb. They make it harder for consumers to get hold of a specific product, and if one retailer has an issue, then the product simply isn't available.

2) the apple watch doesn't look all that nice at all.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I think that alcohol and smoking are both really bad, and that we would be better off (slowly) entirely getting rid of them. Literally the only positive sides of them are that it gives some jobs, and it gives some people pleasure. The amount of trouble it creates vastly outweighs these benefits, in my opinion.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

26 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

I think that alcohol and smoking are both really bad, and that we would be better off (slowly) entirely getting rid of them. Literally the only positive sides of them are that it gives some jobs, and it gives some people pleasure. The amount of trouble it creates vastly outweighs these benefits, in my opinion.

Ah, but you're discounting the unseen benefits of people not going completely nuts and hulking out on random people, all thanks to the stress relieving benefits of smoking/drinking.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

1 minute ago, Rybo said:

Ah, but you're discounting the unseen benefits of people not going completely nuts and hulking out on random people, all thanks to the stress relieving benefits of smoking/drinking.  

There is theproblem of the intoxicating nature of alcohol, and a substantial amount of crime is comitted by drunks...

pythonmegapixel

1 hour ago, pythonmegapixel said:

There is theproblem of the intoxicating nature of alcohol, and a substantial amount of crime is comitted by drunks...

This is an eternal struggle at basically every level of existence: you can quantify what happened had you taken the path you took: after all, you took it.  However, you cannot quantify what didn't happen -- or what would have happened had you made a different decision.  I think there's a word for the problem, but it does not come to mind.  

However, that's unimportant.  What's important is that I'm trying to make a point, so I'm going to weaponize that phenomenon against you: FOR ALL YOU KNOW A SOBER SOCIETY WOULD HAVE COMMITTED MILLIONS MORE CRIMES THAN THE DRUNKEN SOCIETY WE HAVE NOW!  IT MAKES SENSE.  JUST THINK ABOUT IT!  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

2 minutes ago, Rybo said:

FOR ALL YOU KNOW A SOBER SOCIETY WOULD HAVE COMMITTED MILLIONS MORE CRIMES THAN THE DRUNKEN SOCIETY WE HAVE NOW!  IT MAKES SENSE.  JUST THINK ABOUT IT!  

Correct. However we cannot know for certain if that is true without trying it out...

pythonmegapixel

15 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Correct. However we cannot know for certain if that is true without trying it out...

Like you I'm in the UK. If in the UK the government tried to take our alcohol away, their heads would be mounted on spikes. They could take away anything else, and we'd grumble but ultimately do nothing, but alcohol would be our red line. They may take away our lives! But they will never take our beer/cider/wine/spirits/cocktails (delete as applicable)!   

8 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Like you I'm in the UK. If in the UK the government tried to take our alcohol away, their heads would be mounted on spikes. They could take away anything else, and we'd grumble but ultimately do nothing, but alcohol would be our red line. They may take away our lives! But they will never take our beer/cider/wine/spirits/cocktails (delete as applicable)!   

That is because many people are addicted (to some degree) to it, which, in my opinion, is also bad. ;)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Chicken is overrated and coffee smells good (not unpopular yet), but tastes horrible.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

coffee smells good (not unpopular yet), but tastes horrible.

Interesting, I actually find some coffee to smell good (I believe that it's generally filtered/brewed coffee that I think smells good), while some coffee I think smells quite bad. :P Its taste is universally lackluster (and I don't  want to drink it because it has too much caffeine), in my opinion. :P

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

In terms of taste and consistency, I actually prefer chicken over pork, so I don't agree with you on this. But coffee smelling amazing yet tasting really not good, totally agree.

Yes, chicken is better than pork, but personally I don't really like either.

But that's probably because the only chicken/pork you can get where I live is that filthy industrial stuff.

Just now, TomvanWijnen said:

Interesting, I actually find some coffee to smell good (I believe that it's generally filtered/brewed coffee that I think smells good), while some coffee I think smells quite bad. :P Its taste is universally lackluster (and I don't  want to drink it because it has too much caffeine), in my opinion. :P

Maybe I just haven't smelled the nasty coffees yet, I mean as a non-drinker I don't really come across much brews :) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, TomvanWijnen said:

That is because many people are addicted (to some degree) to it, which, in my opinion, is also bad. ;)

I'm not suggesting our country's relationship with alcohol is a heathy one, but it is how we cope with being British. 

That the roundabouts here in Michigan need to go. They do nothing but confuse drivers. Also people are in a hurry in this parts, they dont take the time to try to understand. My sister has already wrecked in one roundabout because some MORON couldn't navigate it properly. Ive almost got hit as well. Yes Red lights are less efficient, but they cause less accidents and road rage. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

RGB is hideous and overclocking is stupid in the day of multi-core, multi-gigahertz CPUs.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

That the roundabouts here in Michigan need to go. They do nothing but confuse drivers. Also people are in a hurry in this parts, they dont take the time to try to understand. My sister has already wrecked in one roundabout because some MORON couldn't navigate it properly. Ive almost got hit as well. Yes Red lights are less efficient, but they cause less accidents and road rage. 

Strange. Around here, there's not been a single accident since the installation of the few roundabouts we have here. It might be the way they are setup. There's different kinds, some are designed to force a driver to exit and most don't seem to grasp that concept. The other issue is people don't know how to use their turn signals on a roundabout which confuse other drivers as to whether or not they're going to exit. I think most people just assume the other person is exiting and then cut in front of them.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

overclocking is stupid in the day of multi-core, multi-gigahertz

I don't think it's stupid, but fruitless. There's almost no more overclocking headroom on anything anymore. Either the silicon is at its limits already, or manufactures are just giving us the most they can out of the box (sans winning the silicon lottery that is).