Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
9 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Strange. Around here, there's not been a single accident since the installation of the few roundabouts we have here.

People in your parts might be a bit more civilized. Wayne County where I live, we have the highest accident rate in the state, also the highest rate of Grand Theft Auto's, mainly due to Detroit. We also have some of the highest insurance rates, but due to recent legislation, those costs have come down. 

Let me put it to you like this, I drive to work on a road that is 45 miles per hour. People pass me doing 60 MPH. Id say its because they are too ignorant to know how to read the speed limit signs but really its because they don't give a fuck. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I'm sure there's a pineapple on pizza argument somewhere in here but let me give my two cents.

I used to hate pineapple on pizza, because I tried it a long time ago and did not like it very much. However, I re-tried it a few days back, and honestly, it tasted pretty good(especially with Jalapeños on the pizza, the sweet/sour, spicy, and salty mixed together really well IMO). I still prefer cheese pizza tbh, but just wanted to say that for people who tried pineapple pizza a really long time ago, maybe give it another shot.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I think using overkill GPU and CPU on lower resolution is fine to maintain stable high framerates. (basically competitive player mindset)

3700x/10700k + 2080Ti/3070 on 1080p to lock fps above 130 on high/ultra settings, and 8 cores instead of 6 to smoothen out the frametime kinks to have a really smooth experience for today and few years down the road.

But of course, if you have a lower budget then don't do this.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Two consenting adults should be able to duel to the death, with guns, fists, or other methods.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

10 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Two consenting adults should be able to duel to the death, with guns, fists, or other methods.

If the weapons are legal, then it is legal. Tho killing the other person is illegal regardless, you can't press charges while dead so the state does automatically. 

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

43 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

If the weapons are legal, then it is legal. Tho killing the other person is illegal regardless, you can't press charges while dead so the state does automatically. 

all weapons should be legal for this purpose.  nuke duels would be this country's greatest pastime. 

1 hour ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

not all consenting adults are fit to consent.

9 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

but fruitless.

That is a better choice of words, thank you for the correction.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I got two.

"Girly drinks" are better than "manly drinks."  Even as a man.  The end goal of drinking is either to have a good time and/or get drunk.  I can down and enjoy kinky blue and sprite, margaritas, long island iced teas, half the "irl translated recipes" from Va11halla.  Those all taste good, they're easy to down, and they have tons of alcohol.  But no, something is wrong with me for enjoying my alcohol over wanting to burn my throat with the bourbon, scotch, and only the world's most finest, Tennessee whiskey.  If I'm going to get drunk, I want to enjoy it.

Second one, Fortnite isn't bad.  I know, I dare to say that.  You see too many people being like, "haha fortnite suxxs!  Why does it sux?  I don't know but Epic made it so it must sux."  Fortnite isn't my thing, I'm not a huge battle royale guy, but if I'm going to play one it'll be Warzone.  But Fortnite doesn't suck.  It came at the right time when it's only competition was PUBG, and it did something different for battle royales.  It introduced proper verticality with the crafting mechanic.  Even today, it remains different from Apex Legends, Fall Guys, Warzone, and Tetris 99 through it's crafting mechanic.  It's not my favorite, I don't think it's great, but it's not a bad game for what it is.  (Free, that's what it is, free, remember that)

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Microsoft Flight simulator should still be in the beta.All the aircraft are inoperable , There a painstaking amount of bugs and it just isnt a good flight simulator experience

8 hours ago, piratemonkey said:

Well, when you consent to the duel, you acknowledge and accept the possibility of death.

What he meant was for the state to not press charges when the involved parties already consented to the duel beforehand.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

On 9/16/2020 at 9:13 PM, Mooshi said:

iPhones aren't really a status symbol and could be considered "cheap" compared to base models of some phones from the Android side.

$1K S20 vs $699 iPhone 11 being a good example.

The "you have an Android so you can't afford an iPhone" mindset by some is so dumb.

It gets even better than that.  The current iPhone SE is now $299 at Walmart rn.  It has an older design, it doesn't have the highest resolution screen, but the specs inside.  That's the full Apple A13 chip in it.  For $300 that's a killer deal, you're getting flagship (internal) specs for $300.

10 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

It gets even better than that.  The current iPhone SE is now $299 at Walmart rn.  It has an older design, it doesn't have the highest resolution screen, but the specs inside.  That's the full Apple A13 chip in it.  For $300 that's a killer deal, you're getting flagship (internal) specs for $300.

Yeah, and to go even further (because why not), even if you have the money for a flagship, for a good proporiton of users these days a flagship would be a waste of money because a cheaper Android would do the job just as well...  of course those who consider phones a status symbol will still buy the flagships even if they have no use for them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just now, pythonmegapixel said:

Yeah, and to go even further (because why not), even if you have the money for a flagship, for a good proporiton of users these days a flagship would be a waste of money because a cheaper Android would do the job just as well...  of course those who consider phones a status symbol will still buy the flagships even if they have no use for them.

At that point, why even get a cheaper Android with lesser specs when I can get full flagship specs for a budget phone price.  $300 gets you a lot of phone nowadays.  It's not even a status symbol at that point. 

21 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

At that point, why even get a cheaper Android with lesser specs when I can get full flagship specs for a budget phone price.  $300 gets you a lot of phone nowadays.  It's not even a status symbol at that point. 

$300 isn't even cheap these days. You can get a phone which will do everything except heavy gaming for $150.

But yes, if you're spending $300, and don't have an objection to iOS (I know some people hate it) then an iPhone SE for that amount is a killer deal.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

8 hours ago, iNternalB said:

not all consenting adults are fit to consent.

That would, by definition, not make them "consenting adults"...

Bicycles are too slow for the road and should not share it. Here in PA, we have a law where you must give four feet of space in order to pass them. Problem is, these jackarses ride on the smallest most windy back roads and you can't see to pass them safely. Nor can you give enough room. Nor can you freaking see them until it's almost too late (blind corners and hills). They are also not supposed to ride on the white line on the shoulder, but rather IN the shoulder. Well guess what? They don't follow that either. It's even worse when they ride in groups. Don't get me started on the "bike" lanes. They are NOT bike lanes (not here anyway) they are just a halfarsed shoulder with a bike painted in the middle of it. These particular roads are major thoroughfares (45-50+mph) and I still think they should just NOT be on those roads.

/endrant

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Bicycles are too slow for the road and should not share it. Here in PA, we have a law where you must give four feet of space in order to pass them. Problem is, these jackarses ride on the smallest most windy back roads and you can't see to pass them safely. Nor can you give enough room. Nor can you freaking see them until it's almost too late (blind corners and hills). They are also not supposed to ride on the white line on the shoulder, but rather IN the shoulder. Well guess what? They don't follow that either. It's even worse when they ride in groups. Don't get me started on the "bike" lanes. They are NOT bike lanes (not here anyway) they are just a halfarsed shoulder with a bike painted in the middle of it. These particular roads are major thoroughfares (45-50+mph) and I still think they should just NOT be on those roads.

We had this discussion a few pages ago.

The upshot was that these problems are caused by a mixture of terrible cyclists who don't have a clue how to ride a bike, and inadequate off road cycling infrastructure forcing cyclists onto the road, with a bit of incompetent driving thrown in.

You are absolutely correct that cyclists don't belong on the road. Where they belong is cycle paths, fully segregated from the road, but authorities don't build enough of them in many countries.

pythonmegapixel

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

ou are absolutely correct that cyclists don't belong on the road. Where they belong is cycle paths, fully segregated from the road, but authorities don't build enough of them in many countries.

We have a few bike paths in my area. One follows i275 and I see shit loads of people using it. I agree, we need more paths, because it would be safer and promote less people to drive. Less people on the roads leads to less accidents and road rage. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

18 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

RGB is hideous and overclocking is stupid in the day of multi-core, multi-gigahertz CPUs.

But-but, you can get an extra 3% performance by merely doubling thermal load on the system!  It's totally worth it!

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

46 minutes ago, Rybo said:

But-but, you can get an extra 3% performance by merely doubling thermal load on the system!  It's totally worth it!

And don't forget the racing stripes and spoiler!

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

16 hours ago, piratemonkey said:

It’s asking for political view points, not wether it’s possible/legal or not.

AMD blackout rig

Unless you are buying a gaming laptop, always put more money into your CPU than your GPU, unless you have the money for a higher-end GPU.  That flagship CPU you just bought will likely be good enough for at least one GPU upgrade cycle.

Example: The i7-6700k was considered "overkill" when my dad and I paired it with a GTX 1070.  Now, he's likely to pair it with an RTX 2070 SUPER, which the i5-6600k simply would not keep up with 100% of the way.  That i7 was worth it!

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

dill pickles are good.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

10 minutes ago, Techstorm970 said:

Example: The i7-6700k was considered "overkill" when my dad and I paired it with a GTX 1070.  Now, he's likely to pair it with an RTX 2070 SUPER, which the i5-6600k simply would not keep up with 100% of the way.  That i7 was worth it!

I mean it probably will keep up with a 2070s no problem at 1440p or 4K 

AMD blackout rig