Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
On 4/8/2024 at 2:53 PM, mrtwonavels said:

I like the fact that all the old companies are dying (blizzard,Disney,) and new filmmakers/developers are finally getting a chance 

I don't like your opinion, and I like it even less that I found myself in agreement with you.

Nostalgia is a b*, absolutely broke my heard seeing those big name that I grew up with being on the news for all the wrong reasons, some of those are unimaginable wrong reasons for my inner child. But instead we are seeing more and more indie games/movies destroying the market performance with a fraction of the budget of the big guys, all because they actually gives a s* about their work, it keeps me from losing hope for humanity. It made me feel like every now and then we are actually capable of rewarding works of love.

And if I found myself started feeling too good about the world and humanity as a whole, I just need to google Diablo: Immoral, and the latest comment from an EA CEO, it will all balances out in no time.

1 hour ago, bluessorrow said:

I don't like your opinion, and I like it even less that I found myself in agreement with you.

Nostalgia is a b*, absolutely broke my heard seeing those big name that I grew up with being on the news for all the wrong reasons, some of those are unimaginable wrong reasons for my inner child. But instead we are seeing more and more indie games/movies destroying the market performance with a fraction of the budget of the big guys, all because they actually gives a s* about their work, it keeps me from losing hope for humanity. It made me feel like every now and then we are actually capable of rewarding works of love.

And if I found myself started feeling too good about the world and humanity as a whole, I just need to google Diablo: Immoral, and the latest comment from an EA CEO, it will all balances out in no time.

That does make sense that you would mourn the loss of companies you grew up with and have such nostalgia for but I’m probably a lil younger than you so I just think of it differently I guess. But you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect it

3 minutes ago, mrtwonavels said:

That does make sense that you would mourn the loss of companies you grew up with and have such nostalgia for but I’m probably a lil younger than you so I just think of it differently I guess. But you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect it

Cheers mate, but regardless how I felt I am in complete agreement with you. Sometime reality is a tough pill to swallow but I am too old to spit out pills that I don't like.

I think at this time, it is a bless if you don't have the nostalgia of those old games, as the quality are getting WAY better comparing to even a few years ago. And if you want great games from big developing team, could I introduce you to BG3 (lol!). We are for sure at a industry boom right now, even the gaming handheld (thanks, Valve) is booming, and this could be your nostalgia moment when this trend dies out, because we can't have nice things and it would die out. Hope you are enjoying the ride as much as I do!

13 minutes ago, bluessorrow said:

Cheers mate, but regardless how I felt I am in complete agreement with you. Sometime reality is a tough pill to swallow but I am too old to spit out pills that I don't like.

I think at this time, it is a bless if you don't have the nostalgia of those old games, as the quality are getting WAY better comparing to even a few years ago. And if you want great games from big developing team, could I introduce you to BG3 (lol!). We are for sure at a industry boom right now, even the gaming handheld (thanks, Valve) is booming, and this could be your nostalgia moment when this trend dies out, because we can't have nice things and it would die out. Hope you are enjoying the ride as much as I do!

Yeah your right I’m at such a young age that I didn’t really grow up with these companies and eventually these indie devs might turn big and die off and I’ll have the same feelings that you have

"Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!"

There are too many people getting offended, get some perspective and stop taking yourself so seriously.

dvyi7-2360017871.jpg.55fe34075198cc1dffbb3206477bbc57.jpg

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

I’m not sure how unpopular this opinion is, but the humble potato is so versatile and delicious that it’s the best vegetable, root or otherwise.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

4 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

I’m not sure how unpopular this opinion is, but the humble potato is so versatile and delicious that it’s the best vegetable, root or otherwise.

Other than its horrible for you health wise. Too much starch. The most healthy way to eat a potato is baked. Not a fan of baked, I like mine french fried.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

to much make up is a thing now on woman.

where i can tell they wear a lot form a distance away.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

42 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that Millennials and Gen Z are aging like spoiled milk. Something about crippling debt, unaffordable housing, no retirement and impending doom around every corner.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, dogwitch said:

These things go in phases. Look at TV shows & movies from the 80's, for example.

The worst thing about it, is at the office Christmas party. You have a woman talking to you who clearly knows who you are, but you're struggling to figure out who she is, despite having seen her 100s of times before. This problem is, admittedly, more severe the greater your acquaintance with Mr Daniels that evening.

On 1/14/2024 at 8:12 AM, ReidOnly said:

The majority of entry-level gamers don't necessarily require the absolute latest and greatest tech to enjoy PC gaming. I've crafted numerous gaming PCs for young enthusiasts using hardware from the Intel Skylake and Ryzen 1000/2000 series onwards. It makes more sense to ease them into the gaming world with the fundamentals, instead of urging them and their parents to invest heavily upfront, potentially leading to mishaps that could cost both time and money.

Kids generally don't care about the specs of a PC. Most of them just think of a PC as a box that can play Roblox, Fortnite, and Minecraft, which aren't exactly demanding games.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 4/12/2024 at 3:15 PM, Donut417 said:

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that Millennials and Gen Z are aging like spoiled milk. Something about crippling debt, unaffordable housing, no retirement and impending doom around every corner.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. All this leads to stress. And long-term stress ages you.

But there are other factors like social media and camera filters that create unrealistic expectations of how people look, and in reality almost everyone looks older than their social media posts. I swear to God, my sister-in-law looks like she's 15 in her social media photos, but when you actually stand in front of her, it's very obvious that she's in her 30s and a heavy smoker.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

What's the point of separating/tiering the "generations" from boomers to Z (usually)? I find it as useful as insulting people by their astrological star signs. But that might just be my unpopular view on life.

I edit my posts more often than not

Brisket is overrated, it's just really mushy way overcooked fatty feeling beef.

On 4/12/2024 at 7:31 AM, dogwitch said:

The way I see it, if they need that much makeup they're hiding something you probrably woudn't want to see and they know it.
So they cover it up with makeup instead.

I know not everyone is the same because some don't need much, if any really but others are at a disadvantage that way.
It's unfortunate but true.

However:
That in itself isn't the problem, it's when you see one that looks like they went bobbing for apples in a jar of Mabelline or Mary Kay AND they have the "I'm just the shit" (Bee-otch) attitude, that's when it's relevant.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

On 4/12/2024 at 7:31 AM, dogwitch said:

Now? No no no it's been a thing since it was invented. I clearly remember drawn on eyebrows and lines of foundation demarcating the division between face and neck.

10 hours ago, Bitter said:

Brisket is overrated, it's just really mushy way overcooked fatty feeling beef.

A lot of brisket really is overrated, but good brisket is on another level. Also, the ends are the best part as far as I’m concerned and quite a bit drier than the middle, I tend to ask for the ends when I have the option.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

On 4/11/2024 at 2:50 PM, wONKEyeYEs said:

"Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!"

There are too many people getting offended, get some perspective and stop taking yourself so seriously.

dvyi7-2360017871.jpg.55fe34075198cc1dffbb3206477bbc57.jpg

I'm offended that you're offended about the offence I've taken 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I think AI is stupid.

Not all AI, but AI that people use to "make videos for them" and "draw art for them."  It's all soulless and I don't think it should be encouraged.

I think AI can have a really good impact in other ways and situations.  I just don't think using it as your main content creation tool is the way to go.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

13 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

I think AI is stupid.

Not all AI, but AI that people use to "make videos for them" and "draw art for them."

Al is just Weird, no need to get offensive...

Spoiler

I edit my posts more often than not