The Customer Isn't Always Right - Pyramid PC Pt. 1

AlexTheGreatish

We agreed to build an insane system for someone with an unlimited budget. Unfortunately the discussions got a bit out of hand so now we're scratch building a case.

Buy Quadro RTX 8000

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/c13b7GM

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/TRS7sL

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

That thumbnail,portions of Linus's hair are yellow 😂

Linus is going blonde

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

-Topic locked-

Fantasy builds arent allo- Oh hello Linus. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I, along with a bunch of other Youtube viewers, had no idea that LTT also does custom builds. Linus is a great businessman. I am always excited to see the stuff the team does.

Just a panda 🐼

Why did they not want to use 80/20 for fabricating the case frame?

3 minutes ago, echos said:

Why did they not want to use 80/20 for fabricating the case frame?

The angles for the pyramid don't work out with 80/20, otherwise I would have used it

If my aging math skills aren't failing me, that's going to be a case with a volume of 96 cubic liters. Assuming it's also 26" tall, of course, and it looked pretty proportional to me. Even if my math is failing, there are sites like https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/geometry-solids/pyramid.php to keep me honest.

96 cubic liters is roughly 25 gallons. What else can you do with a 25 gallon pyramid?

• A fish tank with such species as bala sharks, goldfish, plecos and angelfish
  • The worlds coolest ant farm
  • A 1,735 egg omelet
  • A $250,000 glass of Macallen 25, widely reputed as the finest Scotch on Earth
  • A bucket of Natty Light worth about $3.50
  • KINGDOM OF THE HAMSTERS!

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

17 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

The angles for the pyramid don't work out with 80/20, otherwise I would have used it

I could see it as feasible with a few miter cuts to the 80/20 stock. Then make custom brackets out of sheet metal and bend with a press break. Although I could see the approach taken in the video as a strategy if you were looking to up your welding skill.

I am just bias towards the 80/20 since it is easy to work with. The t-nuts are easy to place anywhere for convenient mounting of components and panels.

Is this Linus' version of the celebrity build after Jay and Kyle did theirs?

3 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

someone

Is this "client" Linus? I feel like he may be making his whole thing. Then he's going to go some stupid F@H stuff on it.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Skipple said:

I need to know who this client is.

They clearly said the client was

Spoiler

Annoying.

There's only one person to meets that definition

Spoiler

The Annoying Orange (Original) - YouTube

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

I am also wondering who the client is, never seen LMG with a client before (except us, in which case we pay by watching ads)

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

There are several Youtubers that would meet the requirements outlayed in this video as a client, at least ones I know of.

As for the Mr Beast suggestion, well unlikely because he'd likely end up blowing it up trying to launch it into space while handing out $100,000 to the person who pushes the button.

Wait a minute 🤣

All seriousness it's not likely him.

If you're doing an Illuminati build - you need to dress up in Lizard suits to assemble it...

also - when it's done - you need a banana for scale.

4 hours ago, Vishera said:

That thumbnail,portions of Linus's hair are yellow 😂

Linus is going blonde

Mmm...

Spoiler

LSLM1.png.53a8543dd5ae96fbafd79ab53e33ab7c.png

... coincidence or...

Spoiler

LSLM2.thumb.png.5bcb57fec4abca2b9cca1049c20a035f.png

... Iluminati?

Spoiler

Lionel Messi explains decision to dye hair blond this ...

Kanye West   is just the kind of person who would want a PC that looked like a pyramid.   The pyramid is a symbol of civlization in Africa which rightly or wrongly many people of my race identify with.  Illuminiti/free mason symbolism connects to the fact that many MANY of the US founders were free masons.   

It also symbolizes money. 

cointrackers.com/img/art/annuit-coeptis-meaning...

A person of my "race" given millions of dollars and Kanye West sense of style would do that.   If not Kanye then some other rapper with more money than sense. 

That said if you could somehow achieve making the top of the pyramid appear to float / light up yet also have a really overkill webcam in it that would be awesome.    You know where the "all seeing eye" is.  

If I guess right what do I win? 

What PCIE daughter board are you using for the remote mounting of the graphics cards

21 minutes ago, Matie said:

What PCIE daughter board are you using for the remote mounting of the graphics cards

@Matie Ones from Comino. The same ones used in the Comino RM. heres the link if ya want. click

Anyone that's ever worked a retail job knows: The customer is frequently not right.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1