Elon might be in a whole heap of trouble, British cave diver brings lawsuit over pedophillia tweets

Master Disaster

Mods, I realise this one is borderline. If you don't think it fits please mod away.

Everyone should remember the Thai cave rescue, Elon offering assistance, a British cave rescue diver turning that assistance down and Elon, out of nowhere, accusing the diver of being a 'pedo' and 'child rapist' based solely on the fact the diver lives in Thailand.

Well Vernon Unsworth has launched a defamation suit against Musk seeking $75,000 in damages and an injunction against Musk to prevent any further accusations.

A British cave diver is suing tech billionaire Elon Musk for defamation after his repeated claims the diver is a child abuser.

Vernon Unsworth helped with the rescue of 12 Thai teenagers from a flooded cave in July.

Mr Musk has made several accusations against Mr Unsworth without evidence, including that he was a "child rapist".

The lawsuit seeks $75,000 (£57,000) in compensation and an injunction against Mr Musk to stop further allegations.

The filing also says Mr Unsworth is seeking "punitive damages" as well as the compensation, "to punish him for his wrongdoing and deter him from repeating such heinous conduct".

This comes a few weeks after Musk further goaded the Brit on Twitter by asking other users why he hadn't been sued yet.

This is also only the first suit of 2, this suit was filed in California, apparently Mr Unsworth will also file a complaint in London.

Mr Unsworth filed the suit in California. A separate suit will follow in London, the filing says.

"Musk's influence and wealth cannot convert his lies into truth or protect him from accountability for his wrongdoing in a court of law," Mr Unsworth's US attorney, L Lin Wood, said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45551895

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/17_09_18_musk_filing.pdf

Oops, I'd hope this will teach Musk to keep it shut but $75,000 is pocket change to him so I doubt he'll care. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see Musk pay him out of court just to shut him up.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If hes smart he will settle with this guy out of court as soon as possible. otherwise this could turn into an extended PR nightmare for him. What a dipshit he is sometimes 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Elon Musk did say that he hopes that the guy sues him so he should be happy now.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Just now, Sauron said:

Honestly I hope he loses. He needs a reality check and he clearly did what he's being accused of.

The only chance he has of winning is by proving what he said is true.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I said it before and say it again. Elon needs to go to sleep, and take a good 2 weeks vacation, this includes Twitter.

He is definitely not thinking straight, and I don't think he realizes it.

Maybe as Sauron said, if he loses, then maybe now it will hit him, and realized the reality of his state.

Shame really. Great guy, visionary, hard worker, but fell into a workaholic situation, which is hurting him by him doing/saying silly things.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

I said it before and say it again. Elon needs to go to sleep, and take a good 2 weeks vacation, this includes Twitter.

He is definitely not thinking straight, and I don't think he realizes it.

Maybe as Sauron said, if he loses, then maybe now it will hit him, and realized the reality of his state.

Shame really. Great guy, visionary, hard worker, but feel into a workaholic situation, which is hurting him by him doing silly things.

It's $75,000, I reckon he probably takes that in his wallet for a weekend away.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

The only chance he has of winning is by proving what he said is true.

Yeah, good luck with that :P unless he has a convincing video tape of the guy molesting a child it's hopeless...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Yeah, good luck with that :P unless he has a convincing video tape of the guy molesting a child it's hopeless...

But again though, is $75,000 really going to teach a billionaire anything?

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Being a sentenced criminal might, not to mention the realization that he isn't untouchable regardless of what he says.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

9 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Being a sentenced criminal might, not to mention the realization that he isn't untouchable regardless of what he says.

A sentenced criminal? This isn't a criminal charge, it is a civil one. Also, for all we know it IS true and in that case maybe this will turn in to criminal charges for Mr Unsworth.

Even if he did lose this is literally not an amount of money he will even feel. He probably has business lunches that cost more than that. On top of all of that he could just choose to delay and stall this thing until he bankrupts Mr Unsworth. That is a common tactic for people who don't need to sweat the legal fees. I doubt Mr Unsworth can back funding this lawsuit for 2-5 years if needed.

Obviosly going against the grain here, but I'd like it more if Mr. Musk won. Here is my point of view

- Elon and team (more team probably) designed a submersible to try and assist rescue efforts in the cave.

- Flew all the way to Thailand with the submerisble.

- Got put down when he got there by Mr Unsworth in an unprofessional manner. 

- Probably tired from the flight, let out a few tweets in anger (Social media is really a way to express yourself out of work etc). Quite worked up after all the effort and money put in, not even to be put to use. 

IMO Unsworth is being a bit of a child. It's just a few tweets, he should turn his laptop off if he doesn't like it. He can't win the case anyway.                                              

21 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Obviosly going against the grain here, but I'd like it more if Mr. Musk won. Here is my point of view

- Elon and team (more team probably) designed a submersible to try and assist rescue efforts in the cave.

- Probably tired from the flight, let out a few tweets in anger (Social media is really a way to express yourself out of work etc). Quite worked up after all the effort and money put in, not even to be put to use. 

IMO Unsworth is being a bit of a child. It's just a few tweets, he should turn his laptop off if he doesn't like it. He can't win the case anyway.                                              

If anything, I think the judge will say to both to apologies to each other, and call it case dismissed.

But yes, you are right, Unsworth was very unprofessional, especially to a team of people who have worked long hours, tirelessly to make something to help, Elon help formed and fully paid using his money, not companies money, only to be brushed away and essentially mocked, for an idea that was not tested or even seriously looked at. Maybe it would have not worked... but Thailand's experts could not figure out a solution to rescue the kids, and sometimes a solution, which might be stupid, is better than none in a time of crisis.

Unsworth got lucky, as the rain stopped, and allowing the dangerous rescue operation of the trapped kids to take place and ended up a success. It could have failed, or have complications. Then again Elon sub might have gotten stuck somewhere as well. But is the rain didn't stop, it would have been the only solution on the table. Wait and the kids die, or try this sub and hope for the best.

I take the Thunderfoot approach to Elon Musk. So I don’t really have a soft spot for him. I’m usually kinda interested when things go wrong for him. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Just seems like both parties involved are idiots; Elon for pushing it and Unsworth for being butthurt about it.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if this case got thrown out of court. Judge's gonna look at the two of them like butthurt children.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Meh i don't know , both were acting like jackasses , he didn't out of the blue call him pedo .  one accuse the other of publicity stunt, the other accused of him being a weirdo. 

Details separate people.

Who does this Quinn guy think he is?

Pardon me as I make this order.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

As if 75000 matters to him. Dude's enemies are probably going to start disappearing behind the moon soon.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Great guy, visionary, hard worker, but fell into a workaholic situation, which is hurting him by him doing/saying silly things.

Agreed, he has been clearly somewhat unstable recently. No one with his business mind would intentionally continue to get himself in hot water.

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

No at all, at least the diver could be $75,000 richer. A win for the little guy...but not really.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Elon was trying to milk a potentially tragic situation for PR value and got called on it. His submersible, while potentially useful elsewhere, was not practical in this situation.

Maybe Mr Unsworth was a bit too harsh, but that doesn't justify accusing someone of pedophilia without any shred of evidence.