Elon might be in a whole heap of trouble, British cave diver brings lawsuit over pedophillia tweets

Master Disaster
7 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I guess with the crime being by it's nature a public action that evidences itself, it's not hard to narrow down the possible claims that by their very nature are injurious to the victim.   The crime  itself is evidence it occurred so there is no need to debate if it happened or not, the cl;aims made are know to have X amount of damage so all that's left is for the defendant to make his case and either argue it's true or at least argue it meant very little and for the judge to decide how much damage it caused.

Ful disclosure, I am drunk right now and can't and shouldn't be typing but am hoping their are no grammatical errors that make this say something I didn't mean to convey in absolute terms but rather as an observation of the absolute nature of defamation. 

P.S thank fuck for autocorrect

p.p.s except when it doesn't know hoe to autorcorrect ful to full and tries to make it fuel... :(

Again, I still don't see it. Maybe it's because I'm online all the time, where the most vile things are hurled as simply insults.

I see his base statement of "that pedo guy" as nothing more than a topical insult. Topical because of where the guy lives, and the rather unfortunate reputation of that nation as a whole.

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Oh that's 100% the cause. He publicly apologised to Mr

Unsworth before going on to goad him by asking other users why he didn't sue despite being offered free legal advice. Imo Musk brought this one on himself.

Agreed. I would think a Judge would probably see this and just dismiss it as not being worth his time.

Then again, repeated attacks could be considered to be worse than just the one?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Again, I still don't see it. Maybe it's because I'm online all the time, where the most vile things are hurled as simply insults.

I see his base statement of "that pedo guy" as nothing more than a topical insult. Topical because of where the guy lives, and the rather unfortunate reputation of that nation as a whole.

Agreed. I would think a Judge would probably see this and just dismiss it as not being worth his time.

Then again, repeated attacks could be considered to be worse than just the one?

Well, even though I can think critically and know that just because someone makes a tweet doesn't make it true, There is a part of me that is cautious that he is/might be a sexual predator.  That unfortunately is human nature, we put preservation over logic, nearly every time.   While 99% of what we hear we ignore, when it comes from someone with as much reach as Elon it has the potential to do damage.   I'd be pissed if half the world though I was a pedo because Elon called me one.   However I wouldn't be insulting him in the first place cos I'm not a cunt.

Also I am mixing 12 year old top shelf Sctoch whiskey with no name fizzy cola because I ran out of wild turkey rares.  don't hate me.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Surprise! Elon Musk is human and makes poor choices like the rest of us! I don't see this as a whole heap of trouble. Financially he'll be perfectly fine, and this isn't a criminal case. 

Should he have carried on with it? Probably not. But, he is human, just like the rest of us, and he's bound to make poor choices, just like the rest of us. 

People need to chill out. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Well, even though I can think critically and know that just because someone makes a tweet doesn't make it true, There is a part of me that is cautious that he is/might be a sexual predator.  That unfortunately is human nature, we put preservation over logic, nearly every time.   While 99% of what we hear we ignore, when it comes from someone with as much reach as Elon it has the potential to do damage.   I'd be pissed if half the world though I was a pedo because Elon called me one.   However I wouldn't be insulting him in the first place cos I'm not a cunt.

Also I am mixing 12 year old top shelf Sctoch whiskey with no name fizzy cola because I ran out of wild turkey rares.  don't hate me.

Mixing top shelf Scotch? You monster!

That should be sipped, at a fireside, with a cigar!

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Surprise! Elon Musk is human and makes poor choices like the rest of us! I don't see this as a whole heap of trouble. Financially he'll be perfectly fine, and this isn't a criminal case. 

Should he have carried on with it? Probably not. But, he is human, just like the rest of us, and he's bound to make poor choices, just like the rest of us. 

People need to chill out. 

Don't h8 the clickb8, appreci8.

Seriously though i was talking about damages to his reputation. Criminal or civil being dragged through court isn't good for anybodies name.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Mixing top shelf Scotch? You monster!

That should be sipped, at a fireside, with a cigar!

I quite smoking a decade ago.  I miss it :(   A half corona cigar and rum 'n' raizen dark chocolate is my idea of heaven.

I don't miss the wheezing and coughing up of lungs though.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I quite smoking a decade ago.  I miss it :(   A half corona cigar and rum 'n' raizen dark chocolate is my idea of heaven.

I don't miss the wheezing and coughing up of lungs though.

I quit cigs full time about 6 months ago for vaping.

I feel a lot better. Not as much coughing, and I'm not coughing up brown shit anymore. Slowly going to work my way down to 0 nic Ejuice so I can cut that out. Then if I want to continue it's just all flavor.

4 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I quit cigs full time about 6 months ago for vaping.

I feel a lot better. Not as much coughing, and I'm not coughing up brown shit anymore. Slowly going to work my way down to 0 nic Ejuice so I can cut that out. Then if I want to continue it's just all flavor.

best thing you can do for yourself.   I'd hate to think how fucked I'd feel right now if I was still smoking.  Everyone I have spoken to who has quite has said the same thing, they forgot how it feels to be alive and not feel sick all the time.

13 hours ago, Sauron said:

See, this is exactly the wrong attitude to have. If Musk had A N Y evidence of his claim he should have turned Unsworth in to the police, period. Secondly, assuming or even leaning towards guilt because Musk said it is mob mentality and represents the kind of damage slander such as this can cause. You're proving Unsworth right in his claim.

Maybe Musk won't care if he loses, who knows. It doesn't matter, it's not a reason to let him get away with it - I wouldn't say no to getting 75k over a couple of tweets.

As for being able to sustain the lawsuit, the guy isn't poor by any stretch - he's nowhere near Musk's level but I'm sure he can afford a lawsuit.

The problem is our legal system is not built around truth anymore. It has become a find any story they will believe over tell the truth. It is more who can make up the best story regardless of facts.

Also if Musk can smear someones name and only get off with a slap on the wrist.... then who wins in that scenario. If Unsworth is seen as a pedo then the cost to him will be far higher than 75k.

Also Unsworth might be able to sustain it for a while, but he might not be interested in that when offered a deal. Musk could just offer him 50k and force him to sign an NDA. Which in turn would seal Unsworth's fate. Hell I would offer him 100k and force the NDA for the deal. Then Unsworth could never reveal or dispute the claim Musk made.

GG i guess? Not that 75k is going to do anything at all to Musk, perhaps the PR around the case will be a bit of coffee.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I get the feeling that Elon is building a smoke screen against "something" with all the controversies lately, or simply arm wrestling someone (maybe an investor?) showing off how much power he really have with a simple tweet.

I would imagine someone that has achieved what he did knows this kind of BS better.

18 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

What a fucking idiot he is. Simply. A. IDIOT. 

an

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

29 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Why is this tech news?

For the exact same reason the original story was tech news. It involves a guy famous for being involved in the tech industry doing something stupid on a tech platform.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

15 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

For the exact same reason the original story was tech news. It involves a guy famous for being involved in the tech industry doing something stupid on a tech platform.

I guess on a lighter note...

I think I found the diver Elon was talking about:

21 hours ago, Nicnac said:

*an idiot

unbenanntibfbz.png

Grammerly says you're wrong. :( 

Edit: Oh wait. I fucked up. You were commenting on his 2nd sentence. What an idiot I am <.<

13 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

unbenanntibfbz.png

Grammerly says you're wrong. :( 

Edit: Oh wait. I fucked up. You were commenting on his 2nd sentence. What an idiot I am <.<

A idiot :ph34r:

On 9/18/2018 at 3:57 AM, Master Disaster said:

Except calling someone out for a publicity stunt isn't illegal, calling someone a 'pedo guy' is.

Elon was in the wrong and he was in the wrong in a very public place. Like it or not the diver has every right to sue and unless Elon can prove that what he said is true he is going to lose this case.

You honestly think the judge will care if the both acted like children? The courts only care about the relevancy of the information presented in the case file and whether the defendant is guilty or not.

Did Elon say what he's accused of saying? Yes he did.

Can he prove what he said is true? If yes then Unsworth ends up in the opposite seat, if no then Musk commited defamation and probably libel too.

It really is that simple.

except elon alone is not in the wrong , both parties like you know acted out of their comfort zone, both are put on the same scale while being judged,  that's what makes it a bit complex, in terms of "defamation" , the same would apply to the his comments as well. can be deemed as derogatory assumptions .

Details separate people.

19 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

In defamation per se cases in almost every state in the US guilt is automatically assumed. The evidence of what was said or printed is present in the case submission and the point of the court case is to establish if the defendant can prove truth or not.

If the defendant hadn't of said whatever it was they said they wouldn't be in court explaining it to a judge.

Defamation per se is actually one of a tiny few instances where the defendant is guilty until proven innocent.

Off tapioca but in false rape claims it’s always seeems to be reported that the person who made the false claim won’t face punishment unless it can be proven that the claim was made maliciously. What you’ve said seems to contradict that. If your right it seems false rape claims should be quite easy to deal with. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

1 hour ago, Bensemus said:

Off tapioca but in false rape claims it’s always seeems to be reported that the person who made the false claim won’t face punishment unless it can be proven that the claim was made maliciously. What you’ve said seems to contradict that. If your right it seems false rape claims should be quite easy to deal with. 

Rape would be criminal, defamation is civil.

9 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

except elon alone is not in the wrong , both parties like you know acted out of their comfort zone, both are put on the same scale while being judged,  that's what makes it a bit complex, in terms of "defamation" , the same would apply to the his comments as well. can be deemed as derogatory assumptions .

Telling someone to "stick it where it hurts" is an insult. Calling someone "pedo guy" is an accusation of a crime.

The two things are not equal in the same was as me telling you to fuck off is not the same as me saying I'm going to kill you.

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Telling someone to "stick it where it hurts" is an insult. Calling someone "pedo guy" is an accusation of a crime.

The two things are not equal in the same was as me telling you to fuck off is not the same as me saying I'm going to kill you.

sure , if we were assigning weights to particulars in the dialogue that would work , then will the term "i will fuck you up" can be considered as a rape threat? or just demeaning?  see how emotion of someone impacts judgement of the similar statement two ways there. 

Details separate people.

1 minute ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

sure , if we were assigning weights to particulars in the dialogue that would work , then will the term "i will fuck you up" can be considered as a rape threat? or just demeaning?  see how emotion of someone impacts judgement of the similar statement two ways there. 

Yeah I understand however the distinction is criminal Vs civil. Musk isn't being prosecuted under criminal court for the accusation, he's being prosecuted under civil court for the damage to Mr Unsworths reputation caused by his accusation.

In that case emotion isn't relevant, Musk called him a Pedo on a public forum which literally millions of people saw. The damage to Mr Unsworths reputation is obvious.