Razer - Viper v2 Pro Defective not getting fixed

Name of Brand:

Razer (since I am not on floatplane I am not 100% sure if they are currently a sponsor)

Description of your issue: (copy of my support initial request)

My Razer Viper v2 Pro some time ago only worked wired and not wireless anymore.
Today (6th of April 2024) I tried updating the firmware with the hope this would fix the problem, but it didn't.
I could update the firmware of my mouse itself but the 2.4 Dongle itself won't get detected by any Firmware Update tool and also Windows won't play a device detected sound when plugging in the dongle. I tried plugging it into various USB 3 and USB 2 ports aswell as into the Hyperspeed USB-C to USB-A Adapter.
On a sidenote I also have a problem that the scrollwheel is working erratically. Pressing the scroll button is no problem, but turning the wheel down sometimes hitches and scrolls up a bit.

Have you tried solving your issue through the brand's customer support channel? If so, what was the result?

After sending emails back and forth for a week (because of timezones, I am in Germany, Razer support seems USA based), partially with information I already send in my original request this was the answer:

"It's important for us to clarify our warranty policy, which states that warranties are typically non-transferable. This means that the original buyer of the product is usually the one who should initiate any warranty claims or replacements. This helps us maintain accurate records and ensures that the warranty process runs smoothly. 

For us to process the warranty claim, the original owner who purchased the product must contact us if possible. He can then provide your shipping address for us to directly send the replacement device instead of the original owner."

Which is annoying but fine. I contacted the original buyer on ebay and thankfully he was very helpful, contacted razer and provided original buying recipe. He bought from razer directly. But Razer still denies the claim, just saying only the original owner has a warranty on their product. They are ignoring that the original owner is now contacting them.

What would an ideal resolution of your issue look like?

Razer got 150€ for that product originally and it got defective in under 2 years, in their 2 years warranty window, they really should replace/repair it.

That only the original owner can get a warranty is annoying (and probably goes against Linus's mindset of trying to buy used to minimize e-waste) is fine, since it is Razers own warranty police, they can decide that. But if they say it is enough if the original owner contacts them and just provides my shipping adress, but then still deny the claim after the owner gracefully helps me, is quite shitty and is wasting time.

https://storefront.throne.com/linusmediagroup/sponsors-affiliates-partners this seems to be the current main list of sponsors (can be found in video descriptions). No Razer there. I will wait for confirmation from LMG before moving this out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ah didn't know where to check, could maybe this link be added to the "Posting Guidelines" in this sub-forum?

I thought Razer would be sponsor, since LTT worked with them quite a few times and they are atleast reviewing their products somewhat regulary like the Razer Iskur v2 chair short circuit.

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

https://storefront.throne.com/linusmediagroup/sponsors-affiliates-partners this seems to be the current main list of sponsors (can be found in video descriptions). No Razer there. I will wait for confirmation from LMG before moving this out.

This list seems out of date, noticed some missing, and some they haven't worked with in quite a while. 

5 minutes ago, Haredeenee said:

This list seems out of date, noticed some missing, and some they haven't worked with in quite a while. 

Its more up to date than this https://geni.us/lttsponsors (also missing Razer). I'll wait confirmation on LMGs side since those are the only resources I have.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hey @Voigt. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Right now we aren't working with Razer in a sponsored capacity. We've been meaning to update the list of current sponsors. Admittedly that's a pretty big task so we're still figuring out the best way to go about it.

However, we do still have a couple of contacts from the Razer team. Feel free to shoot me a DM and I'll see if there's someone that may be able to assist/expedite here.