Elon might be in a whole heap of trouble, British cave diver brings lawsuit over pedophillia tweets

Master Disaster
Just now, Trik'Stari said:

can you prove that Elon did this explicitly to defame the guy?

Making an absolute accusation, as Elon did, without evidence is done for the sole purpose of defaming someone.

He made the claim. Then asserted the claim by questioning Unworth's not suing him. He didn't back up his claims at all, instead telling people to investigate it themselves.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

- Elon and team (more team probably) designed a submersible to try and assist rescue efforts in the cave.

Not relevant for this lawsuit.

- Flew all the way to Thailand with the submerisble.

(unsolicited). Not relevant for this lawsuit.

- Got put down when he got there by Mr Unsworth in an unprofessional manner. 

[citation needed]. Not relevant for this lawsuit.

- Probably tired from the flight, let out a few tweets in anger (Social media is really a way to express yourself out of work etc). Quite worked up after all the effort and money put in, not even to be put to use.

And doubled-down weeks later. If he's constantly sleepless and overworked, that's not the rest of the world's problem.

IMO Unsworth is being a bit of a child.

Sure. You, on the other hand, seem a very mature person. Hence, feel free to send me your real name and contact details, so I can tell everyone you know, you work with, and work for, about how you routinely sexually abuse children. I'm sure you'll take it like an adult and just let that be, all in good fun.

He can't win the case anyway.                                              

Musk already won it for him.

5 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Just seems like both parties involved are idiots; Elon for pushing it and Unsworth for being butthurt about it.

Right, because repeatedly accusing someone of pedophilia, and moreover, citing lack of lawsuits following previous accusations as proof, it's just equivalent to seek a legal stop to such accusations.

Just a hint: if you plan to publicly assert someone else is a pedophile, have your lawyer ready.

2 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Not relevant for this lawsuit.

(unsolicited). Not relevant for this lawsuit.

[citation needed]. Not relevant for this lawsuit.

The situation is very important for an accusation. If you want a situation look at the news articles on the topic or the threads here. 

And doubled-down weeks later. If he's constantly sleepless and overworked, that's not the rest of the world's problem.

True, but media pressure can add to stress, and its not hard to get it when you are Elon. 

Sure. You, on the other hand, seem a very mature person. Hence, feel free to send me your real name and contact details, so I can tell everyone you know, you work with, and work for, about how you routinely sexually abuse children. I'm sure you'll take it like an adult and just let that be, all in good fun.

My twitter is in my Bio, feel free to @ me. You don't need my name and contact details to have the same situation, both accusations would be on social media (and Musk never addressed him personally on the matter, or told the people who worked with and for, it was just a couple of tweets, a very different context). 

Musk already won it for him.

That remains to be seen. 

Right, because repeatedly accusing someone of pedophilia, and moreover, citing lack of lawsuits following previous accusations as proof, it's just equivalent to seek a legal stop to such accusations.

Just a hint: if you plan to publicly assert someone else is a pedophile, have your lawyer ready.

Twice isn't really repeatedly accusing really is it. Its nothing more than name calling on twitter. People get over name calling when they graduate from intermediate school, I don't see why this 50 year old boy can't. He obviously lacks the maturity to avoid this situation in the first place by simply telling Musk they would try the conventional strategy at the time due to the great weather, rather than use provocative language. 

That submersible would have been useless anyway. If you at all paid any attention to the whole thing while it was happening, you would have heard that some of the spaces the divers had to go through were so tight they HAD TO TAKE THEIR TANKS OFF AND PUSH THEM IN FRONT OF THEM in parts. No freaking way a submersible could ever fit there.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Hope Elon looses tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I reckon this bloke is going to want to have deep pockets or be absolutely sure he has good legal advice.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Just to make a point, calling someone an idiot and a pedo are the same, legally there is no inherent difference, it's HOW you say it that matters when discussing slander or libel.

The content of an insult is only important in this case if his lawyers could argue that it was said in a way that could convey someone to believe it to be a statement of fact, and not just an insult.

Insulting someone is, as far as I know, completely legal here in the US. Maybe against Twitter's TOS but that's hardly a matter for the courts to decide. And if it could be considered libel and or slander, then twitter will have to be involved in some way shape or form in this lawsuit as they technically enabled this. Unless there is a law on the books that makes them not legally liable for what people say on their platform.

Not true. A claim of defamation has 2 points...

Is it true? Is it likely to cause harm to a person's reputation?

Defamation is a spoken or written expression which is deemed to harm the reputation of an individual and proved to be false

Calling someone an idiot isn't likely to hurt that person's reputation, calling them a pedophile is.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Hope Musk loses, gets fired, his Tesla car in space makes a trip around the solar system and strikes a Satellite in orbit....or better yet...the Japanese man flying around the moon soon..held liable..and the remainder of his free money gets sucked away.

Space X never made a dime and neither has Tesla. 

Apollo Lunar lander lands vertically on the moon....wow...1969

McDonnel Douglas DC-X rockets land vertically for DoD in the 1990’s...wow...

Elon Musk...”invents” using rockets for vertically landing....really?

America had electric cars looong  before gas cars.

Musk hasnt brought anything “new” to the table...notta.

He is not even a 1 Trick Pony.

4 minutes ago, LinuxTek said:

Hope Musk loses, gets fired, his Tesla car in space makes a trip around the solar system and strikes a Satellite in orbit....or better yet...the Japanese man flying around the moon soon..held liable..and the remainder of his free money gets sucked away.

Space X never made a dime and neither has Tesla. 

Apollo Lunar lander lands vertically on the moon....wow...1969

McDonnel Douglas DC-X rockets land vertically for DoD in the 1990’s...wow...

Elon Musk...”invents” using rockets for vertically landing....really?

America had electric cars looong  before gas cars.

Musk hasnt brought anything “new” to the table...notta.

He is not even a 1 Trick Pony.

he brought vertical landing booster rockets using suicide burn to slow down. 

electric cars were before gas cars yes. Tesla doesnt make as much cars as it also makes batteries. nothing new, but he has brought interest to the market. 

the falcon 9 is revolutionary in that it re-uses its first boosterstage. which is very hard to do. the falcon 9 uses simple reliable engine fuels and designs, and does so for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

he brought vertical landing booster rockets using suicide burn to slow down. 

electric cars were before gas cars yes. Tesla doesnt make as much cars as it also makes batteries. nothing new, but he has brought interest to the market. 

the falcon 9 is revolutionary in that it re-uses its first boosterstage. which is very hard to do. the falcon 9 uses simple reliable engine fuels and designs, and does so for a reason. 

McDonald Douglas DC-X...used ...first stage to vertically land too.

Project died when Soviet Union collapsed...Congress couldnt fund it. Musk aint made a dollar doing it.

Just now, LinuxTek said:

McDonald Douglas DC-X...used ...first stage to vertically land to.

Project died when Soviet Union collapsed...Congress couldnt fund it. Musk aint made a dollar doing it.

Even the Hyperloop is an idea first proposed in the 1920s.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If Musk wants to be a 1 Trick Pony he needs to work more on his little submarine and make it even smaller.

So us guys dont get the fingers up the rectal canal when we get older for prostate exams...get a good old Musk bot up the keister...

Then Elon would have made something.

6 minutes ago, LinuxTek said:

McDonald Douglas DC-X...used ...first stage to vertically land too.

didnt know about that one. a SSTO which is very exciting. though the difference is the musk craft used a seperating booster to land. an SSTO is the whole craft. payload capacity is different aswell. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

didnt know about that one. a SSTO which is very exciting. though the difference is the musk craft used a seperating booster to land. an SSTO is the whole craft. payload capacity is different aswell. 

SSTO is only written on paper because the ONLY reason the US Military funded the DC-X project and got money from Congress....it was to release bombs over Targets..come back to be reloaded. A monkey with duct tape could have attached a second stage to it.

1 minute ago, LinuxTek said:

SSTO is only written on paper because the ONLY reason the US Military funded the DC-X project and got money from Congress....it was to release bombs over Targets..come back to be reloaded. A monkey with duct tape could have attached a second stage to it.

Well good thing Musk was the right monkey to do it. 

13 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

What a fucking idiot he is. Simply. A. IDIOT. 

Engrish

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

12 hours ago, Sauron said:

Being a sentenced criminal might, not to mention the realization that he isn't untouchable regardless of what he says.

Would he be sentenced though?

it isn't a criminal trial right?

12 hours ago, Sauron said:

Being a sentenced criminal might, not to mention the realization that he isn't untouchable regardless of what he says.

He is in the mainstream media eyes. Everything he does and says is a news article.

Underground millionaires/billionaires are doing horrible things, no one bats an eye.

Musk says someone is a pedo "BILLIONAIRE ELON MUSK PEDO ACCUSATIONS MAY BE SENTENCED TO DEATH"

I would say give the man a break. At least he tries to do something productive by not killing the planet or slaving humans as most wealthy people did.

12 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Also, for all we know it IS true and in that case maybe this will turn in to criminal charges for Mr Unsworth.

How? What criminal charges would he be brought up on?

9 hours ago, Sauron said:

See, this is exactly the wrong attitude to have. If Musk had A N Y evidence of his claim he should have turned Unsworth in to the police, period. Secondly, assuming or even leaning towards guilt because Musk said it is mob mentality and represents the kind of damage slander such as this can cause. You're proving Unsworth right in his claim.

What "police" do you think Elon Musk should have taken any such information to? I mean being a pedophile isn't a crime. Molesting kids is a crime, but being attracted to them itself is not.

But even if you took him as having evidence of child molestation who do you think he should take it to?

The police in the UK? They have no Jurisdiction in Thailand...

The Thai Police? He lives on tribe land and likely would have partaken with a tribe girl. Since they're self governing and don't have any kinds of laws against that for the most part it's not like he's done anything illegal. There's really nothing they can do about it.

The Tribes themselves? If it was true they might smack him upside the head a bit for causing a public kerfluffel but it's not like anything would happen.

This lawsuit is a 0 risk proposition for Unsworth. Even if Elon Musk can prove his claim, or even if Unsworth has taken a 12 year old bride like Elon suggested, there's nothing illegal there.

9 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

IIRC didn't that guy basically insinuate that Elon did foul sexual things with the diving rig that his engineers whipped up to try and help?

Don't get me wrong, what EM was pretty stupid and I'm not sure whether or not he would win or lose (debatable, probably end up settling just because), but let's not pretend like the other guy is entirely clean in this. He didn't turn it down, he did so in a rather uncouth way.

Also, calling someone a pedophile, or suggesting it, isn't inherently an attempt to state something as though it were a fact. Saying "this guy is a pedo and I have proof" is quite different from "f**k you, you freakin pedo".

insult does not equal accusation, at least not always.

He told Elon to stick the submarine where it hurts. That's about as sexual as "fuck off" would be.

Calling someone a pedophile, and a child rapist, and calling for investigation of the person, is definitely inherently an attempt to state a factual accusation.

7 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Just to make a point, calling someone an idiot and a pedo are the same, legally there is no inherent difference, it's HOW you say it that matters when discussing slander or libel.

The content of an insult is only important in this case if his lawyers could argue that it was said in a way that could convey someone to believe it to be a statement of fact, and not just an insult.

Insulting someone is, as far as I know, completely legal here in the US. Maybe against Twitter's TOS but that's hardly a matter for the courts to decide. And if it could be considered libel and or slander, then twitter will have to be involved in some way shape or form in this lawsuit as they technically enabled this. Unless there is a law on the books that makes them not legally liable for what people say on their platform.

Calling someone an idiot is an insult, calling someone a pedophile is defamation per se. Legally there's a huge distinction.

Accusing someone of a crime or serious sexual misconduct is defamation per se in almost all US states (including where the lawsuit was filed), which means damages do not need to be proven - it is automatically defamatory (unless proven true).

Twitter is immunized from any lawsuit over this by section 230 of the communications decency act.

3 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

He told Elon to stick the submarine where it hurts. That's about as sexual as "fuck off" would be.

Calling someone a pedophile, and a child rapist, and calling for investigation of the person, is definitely inherently an attempt to state a factual accusation.

Calling someone an idiot is an insult, calling someone a pedophile is defamation per se. Legally there's a huge distinction.

Accusing someone of a crime or serious sexual misconduct is defamation per se in almost all US states (including where the lawsuit was filed), which means damages do not need to be proven - it is automatically defamatory (unless proven true).

Twitter is immunized from any lawsuit over this by section 230 of the communications decency act.

Finally someone who actually understands how the law and legal system works.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Finally someone who actually understands how the law and legal system works.

Maybe I'm just really good at watching Leonard French videos? :P

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

Maybe I'm just really good at watching Leonard French videos? :P

I'm waiting with baited breath for Leonard to cover this one, it's gon be gud!

10 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Does this come under defamation per se?

EDIT: never mind, I looked it up myself and yes it does. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Does this come under defamation per se?

Yeah. It fits the sexual part and the crime part, so it's pretty clear that it falls under defamation per se.

Musk is only getting out of this either by proving it true or on some jurisdictional grounds.