Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Ban this heretic

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

RELEASE ME FROM THIS HELLISH COIL.

Seriously though. What he did should be punishable with seven consecutive castrations.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I can agree with that

i agree with this 

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

So, it's @iDeFecZx's fault, right?

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Aye these be strange times indeed.

So if anyone needs some easy garage lighting upgrade or basement light upgrade but  doesn't want to mess with hanging lights or wiring things...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RWYXM4H Get those in the 80W flavor. They're bright, they have actual heat dissipation, and the color temperature and CRI isn't total garbage. $30 a pop certainly is not cheap but it's not terribly expensive and it's as easy as screwing in a light bulb.

so uh, i want to learn about cars. how do i start?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

6 hours ago, techswede said:

Still counts. The anime thread will never beat us

It says 144k now lol

first time b ack in months and this is what i come back too. uh

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

23 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

thanks mortis we'll try to break it less often

it could break on its own though 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

On 7/12/2022 at 6:32 PM, JoaoPRSousa said:

Absolutely ridiculous. I still remember when I read the news that Tesla was selling range that you already had in your car. This is the same BS, selling heated seats that you already own.

They want to provide like services for a price, sure, stuff like in car assistance with actual people, or like when your car breaks down, that's absolutely fine. But if it's just unlocking something that's already there, yeah they can suck my big fat... ehm LTT bottle.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of like cars from 2010 and newer, mind you not all are problematic, but the way everything is connected through closed of systems, is not something I want.

I remember 2 years ago this woman had a brand new Audi SUV, that thing costs like 100k. And it took her like an hour extra to get where she needed to go, because the navigation was a pile of shit. And we aren't talking about poorly mapped roads or whatever, it's simply trash and just send her the wrong way.

Now yes a lot of brands do support Android Auto and it's Apple counterpart, but that still limits you in the choices you make.

Whereas with an older car, you can just put in whatever you want, because your parking sensors are just 4 sensors, a wire, speaker and a connection to your reverse light etc.

21 hours ago, adarw said:

Watch Top Gear UK, it's on Amazon with a Motor Trend subscription.  That's a good starting point. It's not in depth, but it's a fantastic show for all people, even for people who aren't car nerds (yet).

23 hours ago, adarw said:

Thanks to watching all of these Youtube channels for years I feel like I could do anything with a car that I want really: chrisfix, Legitstreetcars, ericthecarguy, B is for Build, High Performance Academy, Saving Salvage, XF Motorsports, Speed Academy, TheCarPassionChannel, Wrench Every Day, Aging Wheels, Car Wizard, HumbleMechanic

That and forums for the cars you own. Find the dudes doing the crazy stuff that no one else is doing and nerd out about it. You'll learn a lot.

sidenote: Been feeling bad for ericthecarguy lately. Poor dude's channel hasn't been great lately, he lost his shop. I know he's prob getting close to retirement but you want people to go out with a bang, you know? And I feel like that hasn't happened for him. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

On 7/12/2022 at 9:32 AM, JoaoPRSousa said:

Lets not forget Toyota doing this with remote start earlier this year.

Even my car has microtransactions. Though they are purely app based, the fob still operates. But if you want to see if you left your car unlocked through the app you can pay 90 dollars a year. That subscription also includes the amazing feature of trying to unlock your car through the app then waiting 10 minutes for the command to actually be executed.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

8 hours ago, vetali said:

Even my car has microtransactions. Though they are purely app based, the fob still operates. But if you want to see if you left your car unlocked through the app you can pay 90 dollars a year. That subscription also includes the amazing feature of trying to unlock your car through the app then waiting 10 minutes for the command to actually be executed.

Did they start aggressively hiring for the automotive industry from Freemium game developers?  WTF is this shit?  Next thing you know, we'll have to splurge for "Battlepass" for new car purchases.

36 minutes ago, IPD said:

Did they start aggressively hiring for the automotive industry from Freemium game developers?  WTF is this shit?  Next thing you know, we'll have to splurge for "Battlepass" for new car purchases.

Doesn’t Porsche have a subscription option where you can get a new car every month? Lol 

it’s very expensive though 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

On 7/13/2022 at 4:31 AM, terrytek said:

first time b ack in months and this is what i come back too. uh

So it's actually your fault? Sorry about that @iDeFecZx

13 hours ago, Neroon said:

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of like cars from 2010 and newer, mind you not all are problematic, but the way everything is connected through closed of systems, is not something I want.

I feel exactly the same way.

9 hours ago, vetali said:

Eek. I get programming related services becoming a subscription because I work in the area and there's always somebody working on it and even when the functionality is finished, you still need a support team on it to clear out bugs and what not. But even still, I don't think that should be a paid service, even if the development has costs. (doesn't mean those teams stop getting paid, not at all, the manufacturer just has to factor those costs somewhere else)

Sure, that is a commodity not everyone uses/needs, but I just hate gatekeeping and all this capitalistic bs.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

6 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

So it's actually your fault? Sorry about that @iDeFecZx

Tbf I dont blame you for thinking it was me

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

On 7/13/2022 at 8:41 PM, bcredeur97 said:

Wrench Every Day

Car Wizard

chrisfix

Absolute gold these. I love Jared, Car Weeeeezard, and the rest of the crew! And CrisFix does a great job of explaining everything!

19 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Absolute gold these. I love Jared, Car Weeeeezard, and the rest of the crew! And CrisFix does a great job of explaining everything!

SouthMainAuto....just needs to stick to fixin and not politicin.