Rm1000x cables on PX1000G?

Go to solution Solved by OddOod,

If you want to check, you need a multimeter, a known ground, and these images.
g2b7h.png.209879f974301636a53352475f44f887.pngSpsgx.png.656e2f88ff4429913584498de70bfab7.png

Use the included 24pin cable to jump start the PSU, then use the multimeter to test each Cablemod cable's actual output against the voltage according to the spec. You should probably triple-check, just to be sure, paying particular attention to which side the clip is on
Or you could just yolo it, plug it all in, and fry potentially everything up to and including other devices on the same circuit. Please do have a fire extinguisher on hand if you go this inadvisable route, and remember, electrical fires keep going as long as there's electricity. Unplug the burning things. 

I have the cable mod replacement flex kit for RM1000x, I sold that and bought a Deepcool PX1000g, if the cable fit in the slots can I use those on the new psu?, afaik i havent seen the flex kits for deep cool px1000g.

1 minute ago, vortexx21 said:

I have the cable mod replacement flex kit for RM1000x, I sold that and bought a Deepcool PX1000g, if the cable fit in the slots can I use those on the new psu?, afaik i havent seen the flex kits for deep cool px1000g.

You'd need to compare the pin-outs before trying.

Typically, the plug and socket will be 'keyed' specifically to stop the wrong cable being plugged in but even if it does fit, the pin-out might be different. 

Bedroom PC - Lian-Li O11 XL Evo - Intel Core i5 13600k @ 5.4P / 4.4EGhz -  MSI Pro-A Wifi Z790 Mobo DDR5 - 32GB Ram - Gigabyte RTX 4090 - 1TB Samsung 990Pro NVMe - Corsair HX1200i PSU - Dual Custom Loop Cooling - GPU cooled with EK Quantum Surface S240 + EK Quantum Surface P360M X-Flow Rads - CPU cooled with EK Quantum Surface X360M Rad

Living Room PC - Hyte Y60 - Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5Ghz -  MSI Meg Ace Z390 Mobo - 16GB Ram - Palit RTX 3080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - Corsair AX850 PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with Hyte Y60 Corner Distro Plate - EK Coolstream S120 + EK Quantum Surface S360 + EK Quantum Surface X240M

Extension PC - Lian Li o11 Dynamic - Intel Core i7 8086k @ 5.1Ghz -  Gbyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA RTX 2080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - EVGA B5 850W PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with dual EKWB 360 Rads + G1 side EKWB distro plate.

Office - Thermaltake Tower 100 - Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.1Ghz - Gbyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 1080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - EVGA B5 850W PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with dual EK Quantum Surface P120M Rads + Barrow 3-in-1 Block, Res & Pump.

Annex - Corsair 250D - Intel Core i7 3770k - Asus P8Z77 I Delux Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 980ti - 256GB Corsair SSD - BeQuiet P11 750 PSU - CPU cooled with EK Coolstream S240 + S120 Rads + EK Pump / Res Combo

Office - Corsair 280X - Intel Core i7 4790k - Asrock H97M ITX Mobo  - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 980 - Corsair SFXL600 PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with triple EK Coolstream S240s + EK Pump / Res Combo

NAS PC - Fractal Node 804 - Intel Core i7 3770k - Asus P8Z77-M Mobo - 16GB Ram - MSI GTX 1660 Ventus - Corsair AX850 PSU - Unraid 15TB Storage Server

Living Room AV Setup 5.1.4 - Yamaha RX-A2060 - 2 x B&W CM9s2 - 2 x Monitor Audio FX Silvers - 4 x B&W CCM665s - B&W CMCs2 - SVS SB13 Ultra - LG OLED65C1

Extension AV Setup - Sonos ARC + Sub (Gen 3) - LG OLED65C6V + Yamaha RX-A1070 - 5 x Monitor Audio C265s (2 Zones)

Bedroom AV Setup - Yamaha WXC-50 - 2 x B&W CM1s - Rel Quake - LG OLED42C2.

Nope. Do not mix and match power supply cables. You need to use the cables that came with the Deepcool PX1000G.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

18 minutes ago, vortexx21 said:

13 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Nope. Do not mix and match power supply cables. You need to use the cables that came with the Deepcool PX1000G.

This is the only right answer, if you have to ask.

14 minutes ago, ChrisLoudon said:

Typically, the plug and socket will be 'keyed' specifically to stop the wrong cable being plugged in but even if it does fit, the pin-out might be different. 

Please do NOT ADVICE people on how to burn their house down.
No is the answer, else they wouldve already checked the pinout on it themselves. 😉

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

No, nope, nada, zilch, nuuh,...

Certified disaster waiting to happrn

1 hour ago, ChrisLoudon said:

It is possible that they might use the same cables, or at least for some of the cables. But like @ChrisLoudon mentioned you would need to compare the cables to ensure the different cables are wired the exact same. Best way to do this would be using a multimeter to measure and map the voltage on all of the pins on the PSU or continuity check each of the pins at either end and compare against the standardised side of the connector to determine if they're wired the same. EPS12V and PCIE cables might be the same since they're just +12V and Ground wires and will likely be either 12V across the top row or 12V across the bottom row... pretty much 50/50 chance if it is the same. Stuff like SATA cables are much less likely to be the same since they're a mix of 12V, 5V, 3.3V and ground randomly placed across 6 pins. Also if you get the SATA cable wrong it will kill your SSD/HDDs. The 24 pin is very unlikely to be the same as it's 12V, 5V, 3.3V, 5VSB, -12V, Ground, PS-ON, PWR_GOOD, and sense wires all spread out randomly over 28 different pins.

1 hour ago, vortexx21 said:

if the cable fit in the slots can I use those on the new psu?

It's pretty common for different power supplies to use the same physical connector from the supplier but wire them differently. Just because it fits in the socket doesn't mean it's wired the same.

Just use the Deepcool cables. It's not worth risking.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, ChrisLoudon said:

Typically, the plug and socket will be 'keyed' specifically 

*within a single manufacturer's product line. In theory. Though Corsair bunged that up and literally paid the price for it. 

2 hours ago, vortexx21 said:

afaik i havent seen the flex kits for deep cool px1000g

This indicates to me that they *aren't* the same pin out. If they were, CM could just rebadge the kit 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

g2b7h.png.209879f974301636a53352475f44f887.pngSpsgx.png.656e2f88ff4429913584498de70bfab7.png

Use the included 24pin cable to jump start the PSU, then use the multimeter to test each Cablemod cable's actual output against the voltage according to the spec. You should probably triple-check, just to be sure, paying particular attention to which side the clip is on
Or you could just yolo it, plug it all in, and fry potentially everything up to and including other devices on the same circuit. Please do have a fire extinguisher on hand if you go this inadvisable route, and remember, electrical fires keep going as long as there's electricity. Unplug the burning things. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

9 hours ago, OddOod said:

10 hours ago, OddOod said:

*within a single manufacturer's product line. In theory. Though Corsair bunged that up and literally paid the price for it. 

This indicates to me that they *aren't* the same pin out. If they were, CM could just rebadge the kit 

11 hours ago, Spotty said:

It is possible that they might use the same cables, or at least for some of the cables. But like @ChrisLoudon mentioned you would need to compare the cables to ensure the different cables are wired the exact same. Best way to do this would be using a multimeter to measure and map the voltage on all of the pins on the PSU or continuity check each of the pins at either end and compare against the standardised side of the connector to determine if they're wired the same. EPS12V and PCIE cables might be the same since they're just +12V and Ground wires and will likely be either 12V across the top row or 12V across the bottom row... pretty much 50/50 chance if it is the same. Stuff like SATA cables are much less likely to be the same since they're a mix of 12V, 5V, 3.3V and ground randomly placed across 6 pins. Also if you get the SATA cable wrong it will kill your SSD/HDDs. The 24 pin is very unlikely to be the same as it's 12V, 5V, 3.3V, 5VSB, -12V, Ground, PS-ON, PWR_GOOD, and sense wires all spread out randomly over 28 different pins.

It's pretty common for different power supplies to use the same physical connector from the supplier but wire them differently. Just because it fits in the socket doesn't mean it's wired the same.

Just use the Deepcool cables. It's not worth risking.

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

No, nope, nada, zilch, nuuh,...

Certified disaster waiting to happrn

11 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

This is the only right answer, if you have to ask.

Please do NOT ADVICE people on how to burn their house down.
No is the answer, else they wouldve already checked the pinout on it themselves. 😉

12 hours ago, Spotty said:

12 hours ago, ChrisLoudon said:

For a side thing i will check the pin out and thx for the diagrams! But i will use the provided cables as yall have made it apparent i am asking for a house to burned down lol. Thx for the warning yall.

On 5/22/2024 at 10:02 AM, OddOod said:

I had one more questions if u dont mind, so those are from the psu side or the cable to psu side? Or do you want me to see if my PSU will match those to see if i can use the corsair cables? If that didnt make sense (im half asleep lol), do u want me to make sure the pin out side of my psi matches the diagram? Thx 🙂

On 5/24/2024 at 11:20 PM, vortexx21 said:

I had one more questions if u dont mind, so those are from the psu side or the cable to psu side? Or do you want me to see if my PSU will match those to see if i can use the corsair cables? If that didnt make sense (im half asleep lol), do u want me to make sure the pin out side of my psi matches the diagram? Thx 🙂

If you're gonna check to see if they have the same pinout, you need to plug the cable into the PSU, then test the side that will plug into a component. I would recommend using the 24 pin that came with the new PSU to jump the supply, then use your flex cables to test *each and every* pin to ensure it's giving the correct voltage. If *all* the pins checkout on the PCIE, CPU 4 pin, and SATA connectors, then and only then would I recommend testing the 24pin

16 hours ago, OddOod said:

If you're gonna check to see if they have the same pinout, you need to plug the cable into the PSU, then test the side that will plug into a component. I would recommend using the 24 pin that came with the new PSU to jump the supply, then use your flex cables to test *each and every* pin to ensure it's giving the correct voltage. If *all* the pins checkout on the PCIE, CPU 4 pin, and SATA connectors, then and only then would I recommend testing the 24pin

Ohh ok i get it now, first jump the psu using the included jumper, then test each of the included deep cool cables i have (2 of 8 pin cpu and the 24 pin since i will use the 12vhpwr for my gpu). U want me to make sure the reading i get from my multimeter matches the the diagram that u provided since that one is for corsair cables (that are my cable mod kit)