Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Ye lemme know how much that dropped once you started moving 😛

Not convinced it was accurate anyway lmao My car read 41C when I got home from work

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

6 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Shit's not right wherever you go, it's not a localized problem

idk man the weather is pretty nice at Lake Tahoe in cali lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

idk man the weather is pretty nice at Lake Tahoe in cali lol

Lake Tahoe is super pretty too

3 hours ago, JDMFTW said:

I haven't posted in forever. 

My wife says my hobbies are expensive lmao 

16 years and still not done ( I had a 7 year period were I did not own it. Bought it back in 2020) 

244048574_10224410069272556_3180360386551366027_n.jpg

Evo 4 niiiiiiiiiiiice

More details on this please

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

29 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Evo 4 niiiiiiiiiiiice

More details on this please

its a conversion that I started in 2006
Evo 8 drivetrain and typical bolt ons. need to find some oem parts and a new roof then ill paint it. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

yeah certainly one of the prettier places I've been. 

Not really sure where I'm going to go next. Running out of places to visit in the US lol. Although I've never been anywhere on the east coast, north of the Carolinas 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Not really sure where I'm going to go next. Running out of places to visit in the US lol. Although I've never been anywhere on the east coast, north of the Carolinas 

Visit that area, scenic and some nice roads.

Had some good news the other day, I had ordered a top last week and within 3 days it was ready and shipped.
Was said it would probrably take about 12 weeks for it to ship but this was a nice suprise considering.
I was kinda suprised how small the box was with the stuff I got along with it but it's all there pertaining to the order I placed.

All I need now is the boot and for the car itself to be ready for the top. Still looking around for a few interior pieces and so on - The floor pans are in but more work left to do with the metal before it can be sealed and painted. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Forests of New England at multiple times from summer to winter is GORGEOUS.

How many PSI does it take to balloon an OEM Saturn Sky Redline intercooler?

IMG_20220722_114014.jpg

20220722_094836.jpg

On 7/21/2022 at 12:05 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah, imagine if the flat flex starts behaving like it did in some old cars. 🤣 (Causing the display to go blank partially/fully.....)

image.thumb.png.1a40313582339b71179e42b2f8382c1a.png 

If you want to make HCF-2 smell worse, add burnt electrical smell thanks to a dead auxiliary fluid pump on a brand new CR-V.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

29 minutes ago, vetali said:

image.thumb.png.1a40313582339b71179e42b2f8382c1a.png 

If you want to make HCF-2 smell worse, add burnt electrical smell thanks to a dead auxiliary fluid pump on a brand new CR-V.

Yummy!

How are thos extra long GW's?

56 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Yummy!

How are thos extra long GW's?

Hate them. The square teeth round off everything. I only use them if I really need the zero offset or if I am doing an oil change.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

26 minutes ago, vetali said:

Hate them. The square teeth round off everything. I only use them if I really need the zero offset or if I am doing an oil change.

Awesome.

So it's like a bad spline drive? I'd rather just have regular 12pt on long bois like that. Heck my daily driver 10 and 8 are 6pt!

43 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Awesome.

So it's like a bad spline drive? I'd rather just have regular 12pt on long bois like that. Heck my daily driver 10 and 8 are 6pt!

I've been trying to find some that use regular 12pt splines. None that are long, zero offset, with a flex head gear ratchet end. Despite them being crap, I still use them a lot. I haven't looked too hard on the trucks though.

2011ish Kia Sedona oil leak special, the kind of thing you only hear about from a guy who knew a guy.

Yes my friends, that is oil coming out of the back of a connector that's a solid 2ft of wire away from the oil pressure switch with almost no oil in the valley where the switch is located.

Recently saw this parked at the edge of a city in Germany.
Does anyone know if this is modified or an actual unmodified Mercedes?

image.thumb.jpeg.05ddd58d9d8e4de3f85a5f6610b7de2d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5c736eaba109d06098d82fc5ebbd70e0.jpeg

I'm sure they sold hearses but often it was a 2nd company that finished the vehicle. So kind of yes but not fully.

Just ordered 3rd oil change kit for the Touareg, and 2nd fuel filter.

@ 125,600 miles now. Have done 16,600 since I bought it last November, including my California trip. 

still trucking along… for now. Piling money in the car maintenance savings account lol

Spoiler

Woooo boy what an adventure lately. Nothing catastrophic just really annoying. SOOOOO a while back I had a HID bulb go out on the passenger side, other side was just fine. Replaced the bulb, all good. Fast forward to now. Getting ready to put the car all together I had it running once more to get the cooling system hot and purge air, found a little flicker on the pass side HID, found the connectors looking a little warm, fixed them by adding tension. A few weeks go by I finally have time to put the bumper on, turn the lights on once again to just double check stuff and notice the pass side looks a bit warmer and more yellow than the driver side. Hmmm. Swap the bulbs, problem stays on pass side. Hmm. Finally remembered to bring my amp clamp home and measure, pass side is doing 50W input and driver is doing 40W input. Bad ballast! Now I'm trying to get the ballast out and I'm stuck, the D2S connector just almost fits through this gap but it just won't make it.

Got it, have to unbolt the high beam bowl inside the housing and push it forward to clear the D2S connector out.

12 hours ago, Bitter said:

Woooo boy what an adventure lately. Nothing catastrophic just really annoying. SOOOOO a while back I had a HID bulb go out on the passenger side, other side was just fine. Replaced the bulb, all good. Fast forward to now. Getting ready to put the car all together I had it running once more to get the cooling system hot and purge air, found a little flicker on the pass side HID, found the connectors looking a little warm, fixed them by adding tension. A few weeks go by I finally have time to put the bumper on, turn the lights on once again to just double check stuff and notice the pass side looks a bit warmer and more yellow than the driver side. Hmmm. Swap the bulbs, problem stays on pass side. Hmm. Finally remembered to bring my amp clamp home and measure, pass side is doing 50W input and driver is doing 40W input. Bad ballast! Now I'm trying to get the ballast out and I'm stuck, the D2S connector just almost fits through this gap but it just won't make it.

Got it, have to unbolt the high beam bowl inside the housing and push it forward to clear the D2S connector out.

image.jpeg.619326c0949a7eacbc0f419892e34a47.jpeg