Random computer freeze (no BSOD) with loud noise / complete freeze with automatic restart

V_1313

Hello,

I've tried many things and I have nowhere left to google / ask. Hopefully someone here might be able to help me.

Specs:
samsung 850 evo sata3 boot drive
Z370 HD3 mobo

32gb corsair ddr4 

i5 8600k - stock clock with aio nzxt kraken watercooloing

rtx 3080 12gb Asus TUF underclocked at 0.8v

cooler masters v850 gold v2 psu

So this is my problem.

Up until recently after not using my pc for 1-5 days (not at home) the PC crashes - image freezes and an extremely loud static / crackling noise in the headphones.

I would have to force shut down with the power button, it would start up fine, and maybe crash one more time. Then, after using the pc for a few days / weeks daily, this would never happen again.

Also it did not matter if I was watching youtube, idling, or gaming at 70-100% gpu usage. Also many times it would BSOD after coming from sleep mode so I just stopped using sleep mode.

I found it weird but since my windows 10 installation is extremely old (and maybe a  bit corrupted?) I ignored it for a while and blamed it on that.

Today, after not being home for 3 days, i turned the PC on, watched some youtube or had it idling in the backround and after 3-4 hours of it being on I booted CS2 for a match. It froze after around 15 minutes, normal temps, normal cpu & gpu usage. 
After restarting it froze on the desktop after around 1-2 minutes of being turned on.

After another restart it froze on the windows login screen.

I took the gpu out and booted with my monitor plugged into the mobo. Everything was fine so i turned the pc off, cleaned the dust and checked that all the cables were properly plugged in the cpu, gpu, mobo and psu.

Now the pc boots, I can get past the windows login screen but after almost exactly 5 minutes, idling, gaming, stress testing or youtube, it freezes and stays frozen or it freezes and reboots.

Is my gpu dead? Could it be a faulty power supply? Maybe a short on the pcie port on the mobo? I know it's hard to tell without further testing but maybe these might be symptoms for a common cause? 
I'm leaning towards dead/dying cpu or psu.

Please give me a solution / idea I'm going crazy. Thank you!

Can you do memory test?

It's possible that memory cannot keep it up and error it out.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

Would the memory test in OCCT be a good way to test that?

I just ran another psu stress test after checking that the extension cord and power outlet are both fully plugged in.

And it just froze after 7mins05secs.

Is this a dead psu? Or could something else be bricking it?

20240522_180750.jpg

Tested my old 1080

Booted

Flash image black screen image a few times

Froze

At least it isnt the gpu it seems

So dead mobo/cpu/psu

Any imput much appreciated