Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

The RS200 is one of the cars that I would give just about anything to drive, much less own.

Then again, I feel the same way about the Ferrari F40... I want a black one. :D 

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

17 hours ago, Sarra said:

The RS200 is one of the cars that I would give just about anything to drive, much less own.

Then again, I feel the same way about the Ferrari F40... I want a black one. :D 

There's one in my area. Cool car with a cool story for a cool guy.

14360092_1124241097663744_424163193_n.jp

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

I would daily drive the crap out of that. 😮 My god, those look so amazing in black. :D 

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Isnt that the one that gas monkey rebuilt?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

9 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Isnt that the one that gas monkey rebuilt?

No this is a completely different car. Painted and modified in Japan where it lived since 1998.

http://www.thecarexperience.com/ferrari-f40-black

Though Phil also owns an original red F40 and F50.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Check it out dudes, managed to snag a hard top for my 92 Miata, and for a "decent" price as well. Probably doubled the value of the car. But, shes come a long way since when I bought it back in April or March!

LKmkPE8.jpg

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

So my mom just recently paid off her Toyota Corolla and this early morning some idiot rear ended it because he fell asleep at the wheel. I woke up at the crack of dawn to pick her up and drive her to work. Corolla is obviously fixable but now salvaged. It makes me wish I had leased my car like my brother did with his Optima. And makes me want a dash cam for the back window too.

:(

Edited by PhantomJaguar77

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

So my mom just recently paid off her Toyota Corolla and this early morning some idiot rear ended it because he fell asleep at the wheel. I woke up at the crack of dawn to pick her up and drive her to work. Corolla is obviously fixable but now salvaged. It makes me wish I had leased my car like my brother did with his Optima. And makes me want a dash cam for the back window too.

:(

I decided to sell or trade in my Subaru. If it wasn't a complete pile, and I was going to keep it, this would have been my plan. Dashcam up front, dashcam in the rear, and possibly a third pointing at the driver's seat (in case it got stolen or broken into).

Since I'm getting rid of it, I don't really care that much about it anymore.

3 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Sarra said:
Spoiler

I decided to sell or trade in my Subaru. If it wasn't a complete pile, and I was going to keep it, this would have been my plan. Dashcam up front, dashcam in the rear, and possibly a third pointing at the driver's seat (in case it got stolen or broken into).

Since I'm getting rid of it, I don't really care that much about it anymore.

I feel a lot safer with my dashcam, not because I'm going to catch someone doing something bad, but because in a He-said, She-said if a cop looks at the person with a normal car, and then they look at my Focus ST and see that's its decently modified, I'm worried the Cop will find me the one at fault. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I feel a lot safer with my dashcam, not because I'm going to catch someone doing something bad, but because in a He-said, She-said if a cop looks at the person with a normal car, and then they look at my Focus ST and see that's its decently modified, I'm worried the Cop will find me the one at fault. 

Actually, I could have potentially had a ticket I got several years ago thrown out by a judge, and even disciplinary action against the officer. Claimed I was speeding, but he was very obviously on his phone, and not even looking when I drove past. I also wasn't speeding. He screwed up, though, and it never went on my record...

6 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Actually, I could have potentially had a ticket I got several years ago thrown out by a judge, and even disciplinary action against the officer. Claimed I was speeding, but he was very obviously on his phone, and not even looking when I drove past. I also wasn't speeding. He screwed up, though, and it never went on my record...

What dash cam do you run?  I've been considering getting one for quite a while now...all the reviews and such I have come across seem like paid Amazon reviews lol

11 minutes ago, White15gt said:

What dash cam do you run?  I've been considering getting one for quite a while now...all the reviews and such I have come across seem like paid Amazon reviews lol

I don't. I was going to get one with my next vehicle, though.

I have a GoPro that I use occasionally, but GoPro cameras make the worst possible dashcams.

2 minutes ago, Sarra said:

I don't. I was going to get one with my next vehicle, though.

I have a GoPro that I use occasionally, but GoPro cameras make the worst possible dashcams.

LOL. I brain farted. Meant to quote TVwazhere 😂😂

Just now, White15gt said:

LOL. I brain farted. Meant to quote TVwazhere 😂😂

XD no problem. I'm curious myself, too, as I haven't done any research yet on which dashcam I'm going to get.

Are you guys/gals using dashcams with rear view in the same housing? I have a regular cab F150 (regular cab 2wd ecoboost fast) and would like decent rear view also.. and not widescreen for uber only.

15 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Also, I've seen videos of what employees at dealerships can do to modified cars by dashcam and it triggers my anxiety tenfold as a car-person.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

eou7typfucxx3by6on4p.png

FWIW pretty exciting

Folding@Home | BOINC

23 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Exactly why I have a dash cam and always stick it in my Celica when I go for a drive. If something happens they're going to blame 'the sports car' for it. Also to prevent unwarranted tickets from sticking due to being profiled by police. I generally don't get much attention but I did get stopped in front of my own house on a dead end street for 'speeding'. Cop rode my ass from just off the highway through town around two corners then when I put my signal on and opened my garage door he lit me up, asked me if I knew the speed limit on the other street, told him yes, asked me what it is, told him what it was (35), asked me how fast I was going, told him 35, told me I 'sounded like I was going fast' (???? 4th gear 35mph???? unlikely he heard anything), then he said 'oh you live here?', I told him yes I bought in a few years ago and suddenly his attitude took a 180. He realized I wasn't some kid when he walked up on me, realized he wasn't intimidating me at all when I stayed calm, and realized that since I lived here I would show up to the hearing, contest the charges, and probably get it tossed since he had no evidence like radar or pacing me (he was parked in a gas station) and that 'sounded fast' isn't going to hold up. Always dash cam. I didn't have one then but got it shortly after, knowing that it's simple math to prove my speed by timing the distance between two known points on the video to show any idiot that the cop is lying.

womp

hg0odgvk4ckxipwsqxmk.pnglszkxsle755fes8bferh.pngztg4wesrsym8utxbuqom.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

Hello. I have been off the forums for a little while, but now that I know this thread exists I might check back more frequently? Who knows. 

I own a 2009 Toyota Prius and a 1983 Mazda RX-7. I like both. I also have plenty of stories to tell.

P_20190918_113429.thumb.jpg.af1e372816c369998a55d7d403d6b85a.jpg

(This is an old photo, but one of the better ones I have of both cars)

Primary PC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8G3tXv (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KdBb4n (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Dell Nvidia GTX 645 (Windows Server 2019 Standard)      

*SLI Rig* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, Dual EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GHw6vW (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1.7GB SDR, PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro (Windows XP x86 Pro)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

Asus M32AD - Intel i3-4170, 8GB DDR3, 250GB Seagate 2.5" HDD (converting to SSD soon), EVGA GeForce GTS 250, OEM 350W PSU (Windows 10 Core)

*Haswell Tower* https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3vw6vW (Windows 10 Home)

*ITX Box* - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r36s6R (Windows 10 Education)

Dell Dimension XPS B800 - Pentium 3 800Mhz, RDRAM

In progress projects:

*Skylake Tower* - Pentium G4400, Asus H110

*Trash Can* - AMD A4-6300

*GPU Test Bench*

*Pfsense router* - Pentium G3220, Asrock H97m Pro A4, 4GB DDR3

wao

p4trj13zp8h6j0x7kavm.pngt7hazrubfnufw3dfrta8.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

FORMULA ORECA HAS IMPLODED, 30 MINUTES TO GO. GET. IN. HERE.

i2b7cglgnk3fhvlhx0n5.png

https://www.ustream.tv/embed/23313641?html5ui&wmode=direct&autoplay=true

Folding@Home | BOINC