Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Anyone know the best way to install an RTX 3090 in my car?

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Open bonnet

Cable tie 3090 to intake

Create custom loom

Instant +200hp

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

10 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Please don't as your car will become sentient and obey no master. 

Hello,

I have a 2006 Daihatsu Sirion with the following details:

Vehicle_maker Daihatsu Sirion
Vehicle_model M300

Vehicle_year 2006
Vehicle_engine_model 1KR-FE 1000cc
Vehicle_Tansmission Manual
Odometer 59000Miles/95000km

I want to do some preventative maintenance and find the timing belt kit with all the accessories ideally including a water pump. I want to buy it online as it is too expensive here locally (they probably import it too).

I usually buy parts from JP-C@rp@rts.c0m buy now with the virus outbreak they can only send via DHL which is not cheap. So i buy only the essentials.

If possible i would like to find another online source ( in Europe ) for parts for my Daihatsu. I am located in Cyprus.

Thank you

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

I believe mine only has one. 

hmm .. interesting.
I mean i have never seen a focus with the hood open so i dont know ... but its weird that volvo put 3 latches ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

44 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

hmm .. interesting.
I mean i have never seen a focus with the hood open so i dont know ... but its weird that volvo put 3 latches ... 

Clean engine bay : FocusST

Latch is right in the middle. (Not mine)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Latch is right in the middle. (Not mine)

yep ... looks like ford and volvo used different setups in the same chassis ... interesting 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

856f0081510576567855d388334e42b6.jpg

Mine has a latch on each side, but it could be the brands, idk. (NOT MINE).

Genuinly was convinced that was a Jesko, but then saw Agera in background

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

11 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Mine has a latch on each side, but it could be the brands, idk. (NOT MINE).

go suck a duck ... 
Focus and V40 is actually the same chassis

image.png.7dfc626c46946fce333299315cdc5f8f.png

4 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

yep ... looks like ford and volvo used different setups in the same chassis ... interesting 

More part break more, cost more.

13 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Hey my focus people... Random question. 

When I was filling up the washer fluid in my v40 I noticed there are 3 hood latches.... Yes 3... 2 in the front and 1 in the back (not my car but has the same layout as mine) 

N2B3VyE.png

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

17 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

hmm .. interesting.

my dad's audi A6 has 2 latches, and my sister's volvo xc60 has 3 like yours. 

One of the latches on her volvo was sticky when we got it and it was difficult to open the hood (you needed one person to hold the release open while the other person lifted the hood up). Lots of cleaning + new grease resolved the issue. Lol

But yeah. One stops working and you got a problem....

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

17 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

go suck a duck ... 
Focus and V40 is actually the same chassis

youdontsay.jpg

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

my dad's audi A6 has 2 latches, and my sister's volvo xc60 has 3 like yours. 

One of the latches on her volvo was sticky when we got it and it was difficult to open the hood (you needed one person to hold the release open while the other person lifted the hood up). Lots of cleaning + new grease resolved the issue. Lol

But yeah. One stops working and you got a problem....

ok thanks for the heads up ... 😅

Is terry still around these parts lol

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Sure he is @terrytek

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

12 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

about time he posted an in depth video of one of the best bmws to exist period. now i just know e39 m5 values are gonna shoot up even more lol

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 hours ago, terrytek said:

about time he posted an in depth video of one of the best bmws to exist period. now i just know e39 m5 values are gonna shoot up even more lol

They are pretty awesome cars. Not gonna lie. Way better than the new ones 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

IMG_20200821_185949.thumb.jpg.0a450f43f61a5afc584912062303ce3d.jpgWell after much thinking and number crunching. I STILL don't know what to do. A couple weeks ago I walked out to the garage on a nice morning looking forward to the ride to work and the bike didn't start. Jumped in the truck and drove to work. Later that day opened the garage and found out the bike caught fire. 😪 Only the bike was damaged, was a relatively small fire. Thankfully! Insurance company totaled the bike and now do I want to deal with re-wiring it OR selling and buying another bike. 🤷‍♂️ I keep buying things that have parts that are hard to find. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!?!?!?!

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi

23 hours ago, KablahGaming said:

IMG_20200821_185949.thumb.jpg.0a450f43f61a5afc584912062303ce3d.jpgWell after much thinking and number crunching. I STILL don't know what to do. A couple weeks ago I walked out to the garage on a nice morning looking forward to the ride to work and the bike didn't start. Jumped in the truck and drove to work. Later that day opened the garage and found out the bike caught fire. 😪 Only the bike was damaged, was a relatively small fire. Thankfully! Insurance company totaled the bike and now do I want to deal with re-wiring it OR selling and buying another bike. 🤷‍♂️imageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a I keep buying things that have parts that are hard to find. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!?!?!?!

Rewire it. If the rest rest works well, why not? 

Wi RoZ

2 minutes ago, Wi RoZ said:

Rewire it. If the rest rest works well, why not? 

You are correct! Yesterday I chose to keep the bike. I wasn't worried about rewiring it but the unknown of not knowing what else got fried during the overload. The main trick to this bike now is the wiring harness is discontinued. So that leaves me getting an aftermarket wiring harness kit or finding a used online. I figured its going to cost in the 1200-1500 range to get this back to normal conditions and seeing what else needs to be replaced. We shall see!

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi

BMW e39 520i is at my friends workshop for Tectyl treatment. Gonna be weird to be without a car for almost a whole week but got a great price on it. Can't wait to see the result, it gonna look so good underneath. 

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Finally pulled my front bumper cover and figured out how to mount the trans cooler, with zip clips, not my fave idea but it'll be OK I just keep telling myself. I bought an extra pack so I can use more than the standard 4 clips. I could have been bending and making the trans lines for it today but I slacked off and did not.