Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Installed a thing today. It's pretty badass if you ask me. Next step is a whole lot of lighting upgrades!

20200801_183735.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

13 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Installed a thing today.

I need a car squeezer, too.

Spoiler

UaH1XFo.jpg.7970450571ae17537f1dbf5182f3ed14.jpg

Having space makes a world of difference when doing maintenance...

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

8 minutes ago, The1Dickens said:

I need a car squeezer, too.

Hide contents

UaH1XFo.jpg.7970450571ae17537f1dbf5182f3ed14.jpg

Having space makes a world of difference when doing maintenance...

This pic was taken at max extension. Fucking gold. I'm psyched.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I FINALLY got the seat bottom stretched on but it was like stuffing a size 10 boot up the wrong end of a toy poodle! And then figured out somehow I got the damn thing on there crooked, something shifted while I was grunting, tugging, and pulling. I'll have to take the thing loose again and re-do it. I'm going to let it set on there a couple days to stretch out some before I try again.

On 8/1/2020 at 8:44 AM, chaozbandit said:

I didnt even know kswapped FDs are a thing

2300lbs dry which makes it slightly lighter than factory?

I'm so jealous of this thing...  although my ideal Honda engine for this would be a J32 or J35 built to about 320whp (easily done).  that engine is tiny, so if the rear of the engine is at the same place the front would be further back, so closer to centralizing weight.  and I'm not sure if its lighter than a K20 but its definitely lighter than a K20 with a turbo and intercooler.  and no intercooler means less weight hanging out in front of the wheels.

but this is still awesome.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

https://autos.yahoo.com/million-mile-2007-nissan-frontier-150000387.html

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/2020-nissan-frontier-and-million-mile-frontier/

A delivery driver in Chicago managed to put 1 million miles on a 2007 Nissan Frontier pickup, so Nissan gave him a 2020 Frontier and is putting his old truck in their museum at the plant where it was made.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

1 hour ago, atxcyclist said:

A delivery driver in Chicago managed to put 1 million miles on a 2007 Nissan Frontier pickup, so Nissan gave him a 2020 Frontier and is putting his old truck in their museum at the plant where it was made.

damn

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

1 hour ago, atxcyclist said:

Ironic that its been nearly the same truck for over 13 years.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

6 minutes ago, vetali said:

Ironic that its been nearly the same truck for over 13 years.

The lack of innovation at Nissan is real (except for the variable compression thing)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

59 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

The lack of innovation at Nissan is real (except for the variable compression thing)

Nissan is in a really bad spot. They didn't innovate enough in the past 7 years and had an extremely flawed transmission during that period. It would of been hard for them to recover in the good economy we were riding 9 months ago, let alone now.

Also not feeling too hot about Mazda right now. Adding the 2.5 turbo into the 3 is a day late and dollar short at this point.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

The Renault merger really did Nissan zero favors. Most of it comes down to the CVTs they put in everything, but the general longevity of their cars has gotten to be so abysmal. I had friends in high school with Sentras and Altimas, they drove the absolute hell out of them and they never quit. I knew people that drifted their KA24-powered S13s and S14s and never had a problem with them either. This Frontier is impressive, but there are scores of Nissan Hardbody pickups with many hundreds of thousands of miles on them still out there, on average they're way better than a Frontier from the 2000's. I'd trust a '92 Hardbody to still be on the road; I wonder how many 2007 Frontiers will be usable in 2040.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

7 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

The Renault merger really did Nissan zero favors. Most of it comes down to the CVTs they put in everything, but the general longevity of their cars has gotten to be so abysmal. I had friends in high school with Sentras and Altimas, they drove the absolute hell out of them and they never quit. I knew people that drifted their KA24-powered S13s and S14s and never had a problem with them either. This Frontier is impressive, but there are scores of Nissan Hardbody pickups with many hundreds of thousands of miles on them still out there, on average they're way better than a Frontier from the 2000's. I'd trust a '92 Hardbody to still be on the road; I wonder how many 2007 Frontiers will be usable in 2040.

Honestly the frontiers are pretty solid. We used to always have on on the used lot because they were so common at the dealer auctions. Only problem is every one I did an inspection on had a leaking axle seal. The seal is a huge pain to replace on those style diffs too.

7 minutes ago, vetali said:

Honestly the frontiers are pretty solid. We used to always have on on the used lot because they were so common at the dealer auctions. Only problem is every one I did an inspection on had a leaking axle seal. The seal is a huge pain to replace on those style diffs too.

That's good to know, I figured they were sub-par like the rest of the current lineup.

Nissan right now is like Mitsubishi was in about 2005: Nissan makes one amazing sportscar in the GT-R, but nearly the rest of their lineup is a bit meh with questionable quality. Mitsubishi made the Lancer Evo, but everything else burned oil because of bad piston rings from the factory, and it all just fell apart.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

9 hours ago, vetali said:

Nissan is in a really bad spot. They didn't innovate enough in the past 7 years and had an extremely flawed transmission during that period. It would of been hard for them to recover in the good economy we were riding 9 months ago, let alone now.

Also not feeling too hot about Mazda right now. Adding the 2.5 turbo into the 3 is a day late and dollar short at this point.

me either. I feel like mazda chasing combustion perfection with the skyactiv-X is more effort than it is worth, when they could of done some unique twist on a hybrid powertrain instead.

that said, who knows what they are working on right now.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

That's good to know, I figured they were sub-par like the rest of the current lineup.

Nissan right now is like Mitsubishi was in about 2005: Nissan makes one amazing sportscar in the GT-R, but nearly the rest of their lineup is a bit meh with questionable quality. Mitsubishi made the Lancer Evo, but everything else burned oil because of bad piston rings from the factory, and it all just fell apart.

the GT-R is still good, but arguably they can do something much better after 11 years. 

They just haven't really.. updated anything.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

me either. I feel like mazda chasing combustion perfection with the skyactiv-X is more effort than it is worth, when they could of done some unique twist on a hybrid powertrain instead.

that said, who knows what they are working on right now.

skyactiv-x is 99% ded in NA. I doubt we will ever see it. Them putting the 2.5t in the 3 solidified it. Mazda and Subaru need to get going on hybrid/full electric drivetrains because thats what the kids are gonna want. Toyota has been doing hybrids forever. Honda finally stopped with the IMA meme and is making solid hybrids. I think the Honda-E will sell like crazy in the states. Especially if they offer a bigger crossover version here. Nissan has the leaf, and I don't count Mitsubishi because they pretty much make cars as a side project.

4 hours ago, vetali said:

skyactiv-x is 99% ded in NA. I doubt we will ever see it. Them putting the 2.5t in the 3 solidified it. Mazda and Subaru need to get going on hybrid/full electric drivetrains because thats what the kids are gonna want. Toyota has been doing hybrids forever. Honda finally stopped with the IMA meme and is making solid hybrids. I think the Honda-E will sell like crazy in the states. Especially if they offer a bigger crossover version here. Nissan has the leaf, and I don't count Mitsubishi because they pretty much make cars as a side project.

soobaroo already offer hybrids over in Europe.

The current forester is a hybrid only thing... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

On 8/1/2020 at 8:48 PM, Real_PhillBert said:

Installed a thing today. It's pretty badass if you ask me. Next step is a whole lot of lighting upgrades!

Spoiler

20200801_183735.jpg

I like how you got a multi ton car scissor lift just to use as a foot stool. Those must be some heavy boots ya got there!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

22 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I like how you got a multi ton car scissor lift just to use as a foot stool. Those must be some heavy boots ya got there!

LOL!

I posted this pic on Facebook as a really subtle flex on the poors, and you're the only one so far who's noticed!

Post a $3500 two post lift and people lose their minds, post my feet on a $10k in floor lift and no one even notices... LOL

12 hours ago, vetali said:

The Honda E is actually really nice lol. Apparently lot of people complaining they didn’t bring it here. i suppose they might later

that interior! Interiors have come such a long way. I remember when the S class had a screen across the dashboard and it was like WOAH. Now every car will have it 

4 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

LOL!

I posted this pic on Facebook as a really subtle flex on the poors, and you're the only one so far who's noticed!

Post a $3500 two post lift and people lose their minds, post my feet on a $10k in floor lift and no one even notices... LOL

I didn’t even notice first time I had to look again.. I literally lol’d 

Spoiler

18 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

LOL!

i just figured that you bought it to rest your feet.... 🤔

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Upgraded the brake rotors on my R33 Skyline, slotted/drilled DBA T3 4000xs rotors with new DBA performance brake pads. 

GReddy finally finished my new Front Mount intercooler and shipped it last week from Japan, so should be here in a few days. Will be installing it while i tear down the front to do the aluminum rad, belts, water pump, etc.... 

image.png.5d943200768c0c79e0a2deaf25e8eaa9.png

image.png.83cd2394b023a16600af0b514018cb3e.png

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Finished up a full brake job myself on my dads A6. Just basic stuff. 

learned you can actually take the rear rotors off of his car without taking the brake caliper bracket off. I’ve never seen that before. Kinda neat. Needing vcds to retract the parking brake is kinda annoying tho lol

FD214AEF-7451-4397-9567-D0A30852F1F1.jpeg

also the top rear caliper bolts have this weight on them and are quite heavy. Anyone know the purpose of this? 
3D6F03DA-1679-4B0B-AAFC-B85ED9F510D8.thumb.jpeg.7983638b9397a6c235b05211e1c81a92.jpeg

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

also the top rear caliper bolts have this weight on them and are quite heavy. Anyone know the purpose of this? 

NVH dampening