Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I drive a 2011 Mazdaspeed3 with 99,700 miles on it. I bought it totaled from an auction, repaired it, passed inspection, and now its a rebuilt title vehicle. In it for around $3200. It was my dream car. I still can't believe I get to leave work/school and drive home in it. Puts a smile on my face every drive. My neighbors probably don't like me right now (Its modified, and loud, and I can't help but want to hear the turbo spool).

eR62LKh.jpg

Since that picture is gotten new wheels and tires (wheels from a mazdaspeed gen1) which imo look way better (especially since the ones in the pic have so much paint missing). And I got plates that read "No-Lag" which I absolutely love.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

10 hours ago, terrytek said:

Surprisingly, my uncommon opinion is that the VQ37 and J35 are probably the only V6s i could stand. VQ35 can be too raspy for me, and everything else just seems kinda bad sounding imo, i think overall v6s don't sound that good.

As @FuzzyYellow posted above basically. What I like most about V6’s is they make great power whilst still being able to get half decent fuel mileage, especially in a lighter(older) car.

enjoy your trip @FuzzyYellow probably feels really nice for you to get away from all that snow xD overall here we had a pretty mild winter. Didn’t even have a single hard freeze

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

17 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I still don't understand why they do this. there's no way you need that much brake assistance

You've clearly never towed anything

16 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

what's wrong with widespread and really reliable vacuum assist though? Why they need to use hydraulics?

Diesels don't have a traditional throttle, so they don't make any vacuum. Imagine full throttle on a gas car being idle on a diesel. The throttle is in the injection pump (high pressure fuel pump), and the engine revs based on how much fuel is added, not how much air is added.

11 hours ago, terrytek said:

Surprisingly, my uncommon opinion is that the VQ37 and J35 are probably the only V6s i could stand. VQ35 can be too raspy for me, and everything else just seems kinda bad sounding imo, i think overall v6s don't sound that good.

I'll agree with the no V6s sounding good, but not the VQ sounding decent lol.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

6 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

image.thumb.png.45493f182cf9dfda4acddcaab7593396.png

@Maybach123 delivery mileage RS 4.0

/cries

I don't understand why people buy huge collections of cars and not drive them, you might aswell just own rolling chassis at that point.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

I keep buying stuff and never end up selling.

2017 Silverado 5.3v8 4x4

dHRRuBA.jpgdfrhR7J.jpg

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 v8  Track pack, recaros ,glass roof,  Torsen Diff

fVdkCOu.jpgZDG9K9R.jpg

1998 Eclipse 2.0L. 25# of boost, 450hp, 11sec 1/4

7m2CLD9.jpg

NKPMNGD.jpg

1994 RHD JDM Celica GT4 WRC : 2.0L, AWD, 315hp,Caged

ip8LPO5.jpg

Mp4y39T.jpg

1991 RHD JDM GT4-A, 2.0L, AWD

3PAc72R.jpg

IYfclZQ.jpg

Also have a JDM 1991 MR2 t-top that's bone stock that I don't have a picture of.

• McLaren Automotive’s most extreme track car yet revealed in final form
  • Evolution of 2018 McLaren Senna GTR Concept takes acknowledged McLaren Senna dynamism into new realms of performance as the quickest track McLaren outside of Formula 1
  • Faster, lighter, more powerful and race-bred with focus on accessibility for drivers of all abilities
  • 825PS from 4.0-litre, twin-turbocharged McLaren V8; lightest dry weight of 1,188kg gives power-to-weight ratio of 694PS-per tonne
  • Same levels of downforce as the McLaren Senna, but at 15% lower speeds; peak downforce exceeds 1,000kg
  • Newest and most exclusive member of McLaren’s Ultimate Series; 75 cars only, all sold

Just twelve months after it was revealed as a concept car at the Geneva International Motor Show, the McLaren Senna GTR is revealed as a fully-fledged track machine – uncompromised, unconstrained and unshackled by road or racing regulations.

McLaren Automotive’s most track-focused Ultimate Series car has evolved in key areas to deliver on its promise of hypercar power and accessible handling with the aerodynamics and chassis of a thoroughbred racer. The result is a machine able to lap circuits faster than any McLaren outside Formula 1, providing its owners, of all abilities, with an unparalleled track driving experience.

The McLaren Senna GTR takes the road-legal McLaren Senna – already the lightest, most powerful and track-focused but road-legal car that McLaren builds – several steps further into the realm of ultimate performance. Without the constraints of road or racing regulations, the new Ultimate Series car is more powerful, weighs less, boasts an incredible 1,000kg plus of aerodynamic downforce and uses suspension derived from McLaren’s GT3 race programme.

Large-10654-McLarenSennaGTR.jpg

Large-10655-McLarenSennaGTR.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

As @FuzzyYellow posted above basically. What I like most about V6’s is they make great power whilst still being able to get half decent fuel mileage, especially in a lighter(older) car.

enjoy your trip @FuzzyYellow probably feels really nice for you to get away from all that snow xD overall here we had a pretty mild winter. Didn’t even have a single hard freeze

Yep! Although, I’m going to put myself out there and say that I do like the sound of some V6s. I think they sound miles better than I4s for sure. Sound is subjective though.

but yeah, it was -18F the day before I left, and in the 50s and 60s here. It’s so nice.

Oh yeah, and the 40 inches of snow on the ground. My accord was basically useless.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

6 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

I don't understand why people buy huge collections of cars and not drive them, you might aswell just own rolling chassis at that point.

Investments. All about the $. They really aren't that great of an investment platform tho. The return is only decent.. you're probably better off  to do real estate

That said I know a person in a situation.. he bought a Lotus Exige Sport 260 years ago with the intention of driving it. Loves the car. Turns out they only ended up making like 38 of them here in the US.. and as a result the value skyrocketed compared to what he payed for it. Now he's just afraid to drive it all the time, so it mostly just sits there. So he bought like one of the only imported first gen elise's from europe last year and drives the crap out of it and that's his solution lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Good news: I had the ST driven by a transmission mechanic and he agreed it's most likely the synchronize gears at fault. (He surmises the 2nd gear might need to be replaced due to potential wear)

Bad news: He needs to do more research on synchronizers and LSD rebuilds for my car since he's never done one for this specific model before. But given he's an older guy with transmissions and torque converts everywhere, I dont think I'm in bad hands. I'm just hoping it's not going to be any more than $1000 for labor. I'd be ecstatic with $500

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 hours ago, JokerProduction said:

I keep buying stuff and never end up selling.

-snip-

Those celicas!!!

I drive a Dixon 2 Ticonderoga 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

I drive the blue pig - purchased with 3 miles on the clock, currently 61k

WRX.jpg.1d7f472c364732ad5aaa5336241c1ad3.jpg

Wife drives the trek - purchased with 5 miles on the clock - currently 15k

trek.jpg.16d311e6160cd20ef9868cd2ad02feae.jpg

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Opel (Vauxhall) Insignia 2,0 4x4 chipped to 302 BHP. 

Skærmbillede 2019-03-08 kl. 23.13.51.png

Best Regards 

Marcus Christensen

-------

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing - Emo Philips.

-------

20 hours ago, jones177 said:

This is the only picture I have of my car.

2017 BRZ.

About a month after I got it this happened. Thanks to hurricane Maria.

IMG_1429.thumb.jpg.8ff612c62b33d27f6794ee17fce851ad.jpg 

Do you mean Hurricane Irma?

2013 Polo 6R with the amazing CGP(A) engine, 1198cc 3 cylinder with 70 (alleged) hp and 112nm torque and I am pretty sure mine has skipped timing or valves dont seat anymore. (0-100kph takes 15-16 seconds).

I like the chassis, engine is not bad either but I would really would love to slap a turbo to this shit and blow gearboxes, clutches and axles every week.

But until then I love using it as a snow plow.

Got it with 22k KMs on July 2016, and as of 10 minutes ago, it has 58356 kms on it.

20181226_101515.thumb.jpg.e72024c0f8fa56f100f25818aa91a410.jpg

almost tore the bumper off that time, snow bank was at the same level as the bottom of that vw badge. 

Spoiler

You know your car is the base of the base when VW doesnt even paint door handles and mirror caps.

20181226_084511.thumb.jpg.d95f3f1b29f7a62acb9458922f3017e2.jpg

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

gQiCeGL.jpg.b7b08b068a3130860ac2bff667b6fcb7.jpg
2017 Honda Civic EX in Crystal Black, I want to say has 24,000 KM on her, can't be sure since she's in the collision shop as I await her return**. I love that car every single day I drove it. It's fun, rides really comfy (my several sleeping passengers on road trips can attest to that). The one thing I would change if I could be the tablet display, you can't update it or put any good looking themes on it or add apps that you use frequently on it, like say Spotify. You have to use Android Auto and it's not exactly bad, but it's not exactly great either. I want in the future to do some slight customization to it, but I want this car to be my daily driver so another project car may be in the future, I'm thinking something from 1989 just because I love the look of the cars around that time. That being said I bought my Civic because the moment I saw it off the truck I said "that's the one, I want that exact car". She's not a Type-R by any means but that's a dream car for another day, for now my Civic EX is all I need.

** Story Time for those interested: The beauty of living in Canada, particularly in a small city is that the snow removal can be abissmal at times. I couldn't see over a snowbank while trying to turn left onto the street and nudged out, didn't see lights, didn't hear anything, I pull out and a 2018 Mazda 3 Dominos Pizza Delivery going probably too fast comes into full view, I'm pretty sure although I can't be sure because I was instantly terrified, I must have mashed the accelerator and turned the car because this Mazda just slams into my car. I'm instantly stunned, can't hear out of my left ear and I'm not sure what the hell is going on but I have to get out of the street, so I pull back into the one-way I was just pulling out from, the wrong way and just park on the side of the road and try to assess myself. I had thought at the time it hit the front driver side quarter panel and I thought it was my luck that my legs weren't broken. Turns out that he hit the rear driver side wheel well, totally bending the entire rear wheel assembly. I've never been in an accident before so everything is a total mess in my noodle. I'm probably in shock and I can't even really tell what to do next. I'm like, I probably should call the cops? The car calls some Honda call center and I'm trying to feed this dude numbers over the phone through the car while trying to find these numbers and determine if he should call the cops or what. The driver side door opens and that's when I notice the side airbags are deployed which freaks me out because I've never seen them before or even noticed them. The driver of the Mazda is trying to find out if I'm dead or not, I'm fine and he calls the cops. I finish the call with the tech on the phone and try and text my friends (the reason I'm out and about is to go to the gym so they're wondering where I am probably at this moment, and they rush over). Weirdly enough my mom drives over which confuses me because I didn't contact her but apparently she was driving by my apartment and saw the lights and came over (all this happened like a block from where I currently live, to this day I avoid this turn just out of anxiety until the snow melts). So yeah, the car is repairable and will take 3 weeks when the techs get their hands on it (I'm hoping it will be done soon since this happened in January but I'm not trying to rush anyone), it is the winter season so I guess they have a lot of work. So far I'm driving a rental Nissan Sentra that I'm guessing is a 2016 from the look of it, not to bash on it, but it's really not fun to drive, it's got some real bad acceleration and the interior and steering wheel have some really strange design decisions about them lol. If you made it this far, thanks for reading, if you disliked it, you know what to do, but if you liked it consider liking this post. Thank you and I'll see you later. 

Spoiler

5l4bKaO.thumb.jpg.3de36e139165b2d0667851c948e5b3ca.jpg

Edited by clearskyy
added photos.

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

Do you mean Hurricane Irma?

Yes. September 14 2017.

Not a scarry one for me. A few cars got destroyed by trees in my neighborhood but that was about it. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

On 3/7/2019 at 1:54 AM, GR1MES said:

I drive a Dodge 1500 pickup with the Hemi engine. 224,900 miles.

Reply with what car you drive, and how many miles it has, I'm curious.

i dont drive yet but im planing to get a ranger(fford) because built without your tax dollars and almost all the cars we had that was not a ford  died whiten a year or so and the latest (Chevy) the default timing that came from the factory  was destroying the engine,so yeh we are going to get a ford now 

New record! This car is EPA estimated for 30mpg highway. 224k miles later and this is what I get.

9E7F268E-F9C3-47FF-82F1-B21A8733EB1A.thumb.png.75379d37280e0d047fc4aa568a1b2c3b.png

Also, juicy pics from the mountaintop.

Spoiler

A6B71FF9-F2C1-4DDC-B8F7-A702B8A09FF9.thumb.jpeg.be55d884d622bce15cc4a88d703c35f5.jpeg

17AA17D7-1ED8-4DB8-8C94-2FEC20A6992F.thumb.jpeg.52e1c04058fe06de55cbfb860aead087.jpeg

831EA690-B94E-498F-B8FC-F3210DCEA56E.thumb.jpeg.32476454c91e269ba1de670d8fa83b3c.jpeg

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

I had no intention of going to the show but... 

@warmmilk

Screenshot_20190308-194200.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

18 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah but of course v6s are following the same fate as v8s, they're slowly dying off :( thanks manufacturers for wanting to down size everything smh.

17 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

You've clearly never towed anything

Diesels don't have a traditional throttle, so they don't make any vacuum. Imagine full throttle on a gas car being idle on a diesel. The throttle is in the injection pump (high pressure fuel pump), and the engine revs based on how much fuel is added, not how much air is added.

I'll agree with the no V6s sounding good, but not the VQ sounding decent lol.

of course i'm the odd one out that think sthe vq sounds good lol; the consensus is that its annoying and ear bleeding xD 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

20 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

New record! Road tripped the accord down to Arizona for spring break. Nice break from MN salt.

C5FDD217-859E-40EC-BA40-A5561158881F.thumb.png.de05e350be28c6f45f8c7ec69aeccc8a.png

4B7C999C-6EDF-4622-B725-87945F3846D7.thumb.jpeg.1a4120e7297e0b71f2e8c56653171716.jpeg

What're you using to track MPG?

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Good news: I had the ST driven by a transmission mechanic and he agreed it's most likely the synchronize gears at fault. (He surmises the 2nd gear might need to be replaced due to potential wear)

Bad news: He needs to do more research on synchronizers and LSD rebuilds for my car since he's never done one for this specific model before. But given he's an older guy with transmissions and torque converts everywhere, I dont think I'm in bad hands. I'm just hoping it's not going to be any more than $1000 for labor. I'd be ecstatic with $500

Time for straight cut gears :D

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

10 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

What're you using to track MPG?

Time for straight cut gears :D

I use an app called Fuelly. It’s actually pretty nice.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

yeah but of course v6s are following the same fate as v8s, they're slowly dying off :( thanks manufacturers for wanting to down size everything smh.

of course i'm the odd one out that think sthe vq sounds good lol; the consensus is that its annoying and ear bleeding xD 

Ever heard of an ecoboost? All the mid to top tier ecoboosts are V6s. They're not going anywhere. One can only hope though that the i6 will make a return. That's an even longer shot than saying the V8 will still be around in 20 years, lol.

I feel sorry for your ears, you must have endured some kind of trauma when you were young.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.