Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Holy front wings 

@warmmilk

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, vetali said:

cvt v6? I ain't driving a nissan. 

Love the smell of that Hcf2 fluid with about 50k miles on it.

44 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Love the smell of that Hcf2 fluid with about 50k miles on it.

Did a ZF 9 speed finally. Drain and fill plugs are all allen sockets that don't have replaceable washers. The fluid is 30 bucks a quart and it takes 3.5 quarts. Shit is about as thin as water. Plus you gotta shake the oil before you pour it. 

Those things are gonna be great money for the shop once we start seeing the passports more often. We've sold quite a few already. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Since they were being posted the other day here's the 3 in my stable 

09 Impala with 130K on the clock (Replaced the transmission last spring, new oil and water pump) 

05 Saab 9-3 Arc with 65K on the clock (New blower motor and currently going through a suspension overhaul) 

00 Saab 9-5 with an Aero swap, 170K on the chassis, (working on building a 0 mile motor along with redoing all bushings and suspension) 

20190310_145946.jpg

received_10209568037356099.jpeg

20170831_124430.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Screenshot_20190310-161809.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 hours ago, vetali said:

Did a ZF 9 speed finally. Drain and fill plugs are all allen sockets that don't have replaceable washers. The fluid is 30 bucks a quart and it takes 3.5 quarts. Shit is about as thin as water. Plus you gotta shake the oil before you pour it. 

Those things are gonna be great money for the shop once we start seeing the passports more often. We've sold quite a few already. 

You haven't smelled used HCF-2 fluid then, it smells like sweaty camel taint.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:25 PM, Blade404 said:

I trundle about in either of these when I have to leave the comfort of my WiFi... BMW M135i and a M240i ?

Damn :x

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

7 hours ago, vetali said:

The fluid for the ZF 8 speed in my dads car is like $50/quart from Audi lol

audi says not to change it. And it’s hard to get it from them have to go through a third party. Probably why it’s so expensive. 

Its also difficult to change iirc you need a special tool that lets you pump (you need pump too) it upwards into the trans 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

11 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

The fluid for the ZF 8 speed in my dads car is like $50/quart from Audi lol

audi says not to change it. And it’s hard to get it from them have to go through a third party. Probably why it’s so expensive. 

Its also difficult to change iirc you need a special tool that lets you pump (you need pump too) it upwards into the trans 

Just service it like a Ford, flip over read directions.

Why are K24/20 conversions so expensive ?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

52 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Why are K24/20 conversions so expensive ?

?????

EDIT: Oh, nvm, you want to hybrid your K20...

Edited by JoaoPRSousa

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

?????

EDIT: Oh, nvm, you want to hybrid your K20...

Yeah lmao

Cheapest conversions are near on 5k tho

Its cheaper to supercharge

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

31 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

geez... I mean. Look at that thing. No expense was spared xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

44 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'll take a bet and say it depends on who tunes it.

When I get the tahoe I want to fiddle with HPTuners so that it will crackle and pop then you're decelerating. I think that will hurt the MPG a little bit.

just reminded me the other night a guy in a WRX (new body style) I was following decided to floor it off a corner... and so did I. When he shifted there was a lovely pop with a bit of flame out of the exhaust.

Surprisingly the miata kept up half decent with him. We were at low speeds tho. Highway prob would of been a different story.

I wish miata's didn't have a stupid high coefficient of drag(0.37) they'd probably not be such a pain to pass people with on the highway

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

just reminded me the other night a guy in a WRX (new body style) I was following decided to floor it off a corner... and so did I. When he shifted there was a lovely pop with a bit of flame out of the exhaust.

Surprisingly the miata kept up half decent with him. We were at low speeds tho. Highway prob would of been a different story.

I wish miata's didn't have a stupid high coefficient of drag(0.37) they'd probably not be such a pain to pass people with on the highway

Just means you need more torque.

47 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Just means you need more torque.

*transmission explodes*

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

*transmission explodes*

*money bleeds out the transmission hole*

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

54 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

*transmission explodes*

Been there

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Order those flat bottom bits front and rear. 

The tahoe I’m gonna buy has a lower coefficient of drag than your miata. 0.36 in standard form. With some of the Tahoe Hybrid areo pieces you can lower it to 0.34 (rear tire trim, the tail lights and the D piller drim are what i wanna get for it)

lol. Front air dam is probably the most cost efficient way of fixing it. Minus the ground clearance you lose in the front. heck even a basic splitter would probably help a little.

Spoiler

I've been watching a lot of Cleetus McFarland on Youtube recently, makes me want to buy a C5 again haha. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

21 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I've been watching a lot of Cleetus McFarland on Youtube recently, makes me want to buy a C5 again haha. 

But do you have a toolbox ready ?

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

27 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

or a spare turbo?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

15 minutes ago, Mr.Dingle said:

But do you have a toolbox ready ?

Have tool box, can turn bolts. :D 

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

or a spare turbo?

I am short on spare turbos at the moment, however because of space constraints a supercharger would be more likely. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Have tool box, can turn bolts. :D 

Phill get the bottle .... phill get the toolbox.

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB