Are there any products where nobody but you on LTT recommends?

Mao_Zedong

Do you recommend any products that nobody else seems to? Personally I love the phanteks ph-tc12ls as a low profile cooler, but over half of the recommendations for it have been by me.

BeQuiet! Pure Rock. Everyone hops on the bandwagon for the 212 Evo :/

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Consoles. There are other people but the vast majority want you to pirate windows and have no mouse and keyboard. If you are looking to game under $350.

Taking your clothes off to lower the chance of static electricity when building a PC

I've seen other people recommend that.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Roccat military kone pure :( people recommend the company sometimes but, the mouse rarely. 502 is all the rage, for good reasons.

Asetek 

(I'm their little whote)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

dey c0py me

i've heard a guy recommend that in high school, he was *that* guy with a V-neck with a forest sticking out.

my soul was burned that day...

Lenovo Preferred Pro Keyboards and Thinkplus Mice.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

cutting off your left leg.

oh wait, nobody rrecommends that?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

BeQuiet! Pure Rock. Everyone hops on the bandwagon for the 212 Evo :/

Yeah, everyone recommends the 212 when there are plenty of alternatives, like the Pure Rock or Cryorig H5. Zalman, Enermax and Deepcool also have a decent range of budget coolers.

IObits software, mainly Advanced System Care. People see it as bad product because free version has aggressive ads and its always on sale. Like Avast but that gets more recommendations.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Taking your clothes off to lower the chance of static electricity when building a PC

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Are you sure that's the real reason why =p?

IObits software, mainly Advanced System Care. People see it as bad product because free version has aggressive ads and its always on sale. Like Avast but that gets more recommendations.

Good product for sure but the aggressive advertising means I may no longer run it on startup. Just the odd scan here and there which is such a shame because when you cut the crap out, it's p good.

Old PSU's from OEM computers, they last forever and there cheap:)

Plenty and I bet many you have seen me doing it. ;) All I have to say is if you can back up you decision with sound reasoning you'll be fine.

What about things I don't recommend that lots of people do?

For me this would be the top end mainstream i7 K part for anything but ITX builds. Just go up a step or down a step. Spend a bit more or save a ton, both are better choices. And yes i stood by this even with the i7-3820.

Roccat military kone pure :( people recommend the company sometimes but, the mouse rarely. 502 is all the rage, for good reasons.

Hey is a good mouse just a bit small for me ironically the XTD is just a bit big [emoji14]

Yeah, everyone recommends the 212 when there are plenty of alternatives, like the Pure Rock or Cryorig H5. Zalman, Enermax and Deepcool also have a decent range of budget coolers.

The Zaman coolers generally have a better fan but tossing that a said they have a higher find density which is better.

Please stop that are you trying to kill people's PCs?

DragonWar peripherals...

no... just no...