HELP PLEASE MY GPU

robjt

Here's a little backstory!

I run 16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram 

ryzen 2600 

gtx 1050ti 

i have never had problems with my computer, i built it myself and have it for years until today. 

I was playing valorant and received 3 crashes saying graphics driver error. i updated my driver with geforce and all was good so i thought. i then played another game and it crashed but not like the first three times i will attach a photo. now my computer is running but i am getting no feedback on my monitor and my brothers monitor! Has these crashes broke my gpu? i haven't money to spare for a pc part with the living crisis so i'm hoping i'll be able to do an easy fix!!! 

BE75937D-8164-409E-8851-3E2FF89420A6.jpeg

1 minute ago, robjt said:

I was playing valorant and received 3 crashes saying graphics driver error. i updated my driver with geforce and all was good so i thought. i then played another game and it crashed but not like the first three times i will attach a photo.

based on the picture, it looks like a vram failure is most likely, sorry to say but this card may be defective.

You may be able to launch windows in safe mode, then install a program like MSI afterburner, and significantly underclock the ram

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

based on the picture, it looks like a vram failure is most likely, sorry to say but this card may be defective.

i've had this for years it's hardly just broke on me randomly after a long days work 😭

3 minutes ago, robjt said:

it's hardly just broke on me randomly after a long days work

that's usually how these things go, I hate to say. There is not often a slow decline to the product.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

that's usually how these things go, I hate to say. There is not often a slow decline to the product.

i was thinking that it was the probelm tbh but was hoping it wasn't..... Fuck sake idk what to do now lol

9 minutes ago, robjt said:

Here's a little backstory!

I run 16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram 

ryzen 2600 

gtx 1050ti 

i have never had problems with my computer, i built it myself and have it for years until today. 

I was playing valorant and received 3 crashes saying graphics driver error. i updated my driver with geforce and all was good so i thought. i then played another game and it crashed but not like the first three times i will attach a photo. now my computer is running but i am getting no feedback on my monitor and my brothers monitor! Has these crashes broke my gpu? i haven't money to spare for a pc part with the living crisis so i'm hoping i'll be able to do an easy fix!!! 

BE75937D-8164-409E-8851-3E2FF89420A6.jpeg

GPU is dead, had a nice long life, amen 🙂

Time to upgrade !

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Just now, PDifolco said:

GPU is dead, had a nice long life, amen 🙂

Time to upgrade !

Sadly upgrade isn't in my future atm 😓. Bills bills bills... Think it's time to have a real from my hobbie lol and try pick up an extra shift a week 

5 minutes ago, robjt said:

i was thinking that it was the probelm tbh but was hoping it wasn't..... Fuck sake idk what to do now lol

I still recommend trying to boot into safe mode like I said. Your 1050 ti could still be stable with lower clocks applied. I had an RX 570 that ran for a few years that way, and it didn't even die I just sold it off for cheap.

Primary PC:

Sadly upgrade isn't in my future atm 😓. Bills bills bills... Think it's time to have a real from my hobbie lol and try pick up an extra shift a week 

C'mon you've spent like 150 bucks 8 years ago for a 1050Ti, that's like ONE pizza + coke PER YEAR and you can't upgrade ? 😄

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I still recommend trying to boot into safe mode like I said. Your 1050 ti could still be stable with lower clocks applied. I had an RX 570 that ran for a few years that way, and it didn't even die I just sold it off for cheap.

i csnt even access the bios unfortunately.. the fan still spins on the gpu and no error light on the motherboard 

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

C'mon you've spent like 150 bucks 8 years ago for a 1050Ti, that's like ONE pizza + coke PER YEAR and you can't upgrade ? 😄

Well considering that there is a living crisis right now that i have bills to pay i don't have money left over for any pc upgrade. not everyone is able to have money put away. your comment is very out of touch and rude tbh 

Well considering that there is a living crisis right now that i have bills to pay i don't have money left over for any pc upgrade. not everyone is able to have money put away. your comment is very out of touch and rude tbh 

what motherboard do you have? There are less expensive options to try a fix

Primary PC:

Ok, apologies, don't wanna be rude, but if you have $0/year for a hobby, well, you just can't afford it

Hope you'll have better times soon

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

AMD B450M Mortar 

12 minutes ago, robjt said:

AMD B450M Mortar 

With this motherboard, you could scoop up a super cheap graphics card like a GT 710 and put it in the lower PCIe slot. Then, if you get back into windows with that, you can try tweaking the 1050 TI

Primary PC:

19 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Tbh i'm probably gonna have to wait a few months till my job opens up more hours so i can try pick up an extra shift for some spare money to upgrade.... guess i'll touch grass for the time being. ik it sounds silly but i don't want to waste money on for example a 710 even if it's like 30/40 you feel me. i appreciate all your help buddy ❤️

1 hour ago, robjt said:

ik it sounds silly but i don't want to waste money on for example a 710 even if it's like 30/40 you feel me

Peruse your local electronics recycling plants if one exists near you, check out local government buildings like schools and ask about any recycled electronics. If you are lucky you may snag one for free. Good luck!

Primary PC:

2 hours ago, robjt said:

in that case for something usable try a 4gb polaris 70 or 80 card as those are usually 30-40$ and abit faster than a 1050ti