Are there any products where nobody but you on LTT recommends?

Mao_Zedong

Plantronics headsets. I've been in love with their headsets for years. Also, the Cryorig H5.

Not super tech-related, but Timex watches.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

If your MOBO had a temp gauge (readout), I would agree. I run my pump off the CPU fan and the fans for the radiator off of the CPU OPT, I set the fan and separate pump profile in the bios of the MOBO. The fan control lets me check case temps at a glance, not having fan wire running to the MOBO is nice too.

And that lighted touch display.

CPU and CPU_OPT are essentially a spliter so you wouldnt be able to control two devices independently.

Well you can check temps in windows using AI Suite of TUF (for got the name). Some ROG baords also have a front panel that can show all of that. The new Sabertooth X99 has TUF detective so yo ucan monitor and change stuff in real time off a smartphone or tablet too.

Plantronics headsets. I've been in love with their headsets for years. Also, the Cryorig H5.

Not super tech-related, but Timex watches.

Only one I really liked is the Gamecom Commander

CPU and CPU_OPT are essentially a spliter so you wouldnt be able to control two devices independently.

Well you can check temps in windows using AI Suite of TUF (for got the name). Some ROG baords also have a front panel that can show all of that. The new Sabertooth X99 has TUF detective so yo ucan monitor and change stuff in real time off a smartphone or tablet too.

No, the CPU fan and CPU OPT are two different outs and can control two different things. In my case the pump and the two radiator fans. This is of course on my Gigabyte motherboard using the app center. At the time of this message my pump is spinning at 1800rpm and the fans at 600rpm. If you want a screen shot I can provide that, once someone tells me how you do that xD.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

No, the CPU fan and CPU OPT are two different outs and can control two different things. In my case the pump and the two radiator fans. This is of course on my Gigabyte motherboard using the app center. At the time of this message my pump is spinning at 1800rpm and the fans at 600rpm. If you want a screen shot I can provide that, once someone tells me how you do that xD.

Ok well I was speaking purely on ASUS boards. Also in most cases on ASU boards if the the CPU header is controlling via voltage the CPU_OPT doesnt work.

How to screenshot? Use the PrtSc key and past into paint... If you want to grab a specific window hold Alt while pressing it. I personally use Greenshot which give you many more options and allows for direct saving.

Ok well I was speaking purely on ASUS boards. Also in most cases on ASU boards if the the CPU header is controlling via voltage the CPU_OPT doesnt work.

How to screenshot? Use the PrtSc key and past into paint... If you want to grab a specific window hold Alt while pressing it. I personally use Greenshot which give you many more options and allows for direct saving.

Cool thanks,

post-255492-0-85840600-1442641760.gif

Cool thanks,

So can you independently tell the CPU_Fan and CPU_OPT to increase as in allow them to have their own fan curves?

BeQuiet! Pure Rock. Everyone hops on the bandwagon for the 212 Evo :/

I can't find that thing in Canadian websites.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

IObits software, mainly Advanced System Care. People see it as bad product because free version has aggressive ads and its always on sale. Like Avast but that gets more recommendations.

Used to use these, before i figured out how to do most of the stuff myself.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

So can you independently tell the CPU_Fan and CPU_OPT to increase as in allow them to have their own fan curves?

Yep, standard click and drag the curve. Pretty sweet actually. I let the pump run faster because it's silent. The radiator fans come in at 60c.

Used to use these, before i figured out how to do most of the stuff myself.

Manually cleaning everything? Or do you just mean you use CCleaner?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Manually cleaning everything? Or do you just mean you use CCleaner?

Combination of CCleaner and Windows Admin Tools.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Combination of CCleaner and Windows Admin Tools.

ASC and CCleaner are essentially same thing. They just clean somethings bit better than what the other does. It has been like that since I started using CCleaner. And I don't believe the crap about ASC finding stuff just fun of it. I had same thing with Adaware (the one before CCleaner) and Spybot S&D (which was replaced by ASC).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Scythe CPU coolers don't get enough love

Also a huge fan of Steel Series Headsets. 

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

Scythe CPU coolers don't get enough love

Also a huge fan of Steel Series Headsets.

Scythe makes coolers? And if you are with people who claim Siberia V2 has good sound quality for the price...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I can't find that thing in Canadian websites.

It is nearly double the price in Canada compared to the 212 Evo. It has raised in price for some reason in Canada, it used to be like $30 compared to the 212 Evo's $26 but now it is outnof stock at NCIX for $50

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Lenovo ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard with TrackPoint

It's pretty handy if you type out a lot of essays, the trackpoint will save you a lot of time moving your hand to and from the keyboard. It's also good for browsing the web.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

I've had the Gamecom 1, I think the Gamecom 355, and I'm currently using the Gamecom 780.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

Coolermaster N series.

it seems like every one is recommending Corsair, Phanteks, NZXT, Fractal Design.

KingFast SSDs, they're super cheap, with decent speeds and have lasted 5 months for me, even after dropping it on marble flooring

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Norton Security.

It's a good security suite. But people, especially those in the so called "tech community", are too stubborn and stuck in the past to see that a software can change over time(the entire code was scrapped in 2008 and remade) and that the issues they have with it, with family or friends, is PEBKAC and not Norton's fault, of course it won't probably the computer if you exclude viruses and what not just so that software they illegally downloaded would work or to open that fancy "look at my cat.avi.exe" fake video file they got on facebook. (I've seen quite a few PC where that was the case when I worked at FutureShop and at a small PC store)

It's biggest flaw, is that it is annoying when it's time to renew, other than that, it takes little to no resources (certainly a lot less than AVG internet security that I'm using right now while waiting for Norton to go on sale around the end of October, for like $20), pretty much catch any and all threat you could encounter on the web... And if you don't want it to annoy you every 2 seconds because it did "something", that can just as easily be disabled in the options.

Between Avast, AVG, Kaspersky, Bitdefender and Norton, I would recommend Norton every time. I've had nothing but bad experiences with the others, especially bitdefender, worst piece of sh*t I ever had the displeasure to use. If it doesn't block my entire internet access due to their custom SSL, it just flat out crash.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Thermaltake Core X9

or

Anything other than a Fractal case.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's normal to be the only one to recommend certain products; this happens because you may be the only one with personal experience with them, whereas others will recommend what they have been told by others is good - for example the hyper 212 evo, even though there might be perfectly valid alternatives. We prefer to recommend what we KNOW is good rather than what seems to be good on paper but we heard nothing about.

Consoles. There are other people but the vast majority want you to pirate windows and have no mouse and keyboard. If you are looking to game under $350.

not necessarily, linux has a larger game library than all "next gen" consoles combined. and a lot of games run fine under wine. Besides consoles do NOT offer sub 350$ gaming. After the initial purchase you need to shell out 50 or 60 bucks for their permission to use your internet connection and games are generally more expensive. You can buy windows and a 500$ pc and end up sparing money in the long run compared to a console. I have a few console alternatives with os in my signature, check those out.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Scythe makes coolers? And if you are with people who claim Siberia V2 has good sound quality for the price...

Scythe make some awesome coolers. I have their Big Shuriken 2 and I really like it. As for Steelseries headsets I have a cheap one (H4) and I wouldn't recommend it.

I always recommend Akasa Apache Blacks for 120mm coolers and radiators, but I've definitely seen others suggest them as well.

There are some awesome suggestions in this thread by the way, really liking learning about less-discussed products :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Scythe make some awesome coolers. I have their Big Shuriken 2 and I really like it. As for Steelseries headsets I have a cheap one (H4) and I wouldn't recommend it.

I always recommend Akasa Apache Blacks for 120mm coolers and radiators, but I've definitely seen others suggest them as well.

There are some awesome suggestions in this thread by the way, really liking learning about less-discussed products :)

Hmm. I might have thought about getting Scythe cooler way back when I was building first rig. But end up with then unknown Noctua. And Akasa is one of the better cheap brands that surprise with their quality on smaller accessories. Like dust filters and anti-vibration mounts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's normal to be the only one to recommend certain products; this happens because you may be the only one with personal experience with them, whereas others will recommend what they have been told by others is good - for example the hyper 212 evo, even though there might be perfectly valid alternatives. We prefer to recommend what we KNOW is good rather than what seems to be good on paper but we heard nothing about.

not necessarily, linux has a larger game library than all "next gen" consoles combined. and a lot of games run fine under wine. Besides consoles do NOT offer sub 350$ gaming. After the initial purchase you need to shell out 50 or 60 bucks for their permission to use your internet connection and games are generally more expensive. You can buy windows and a 500$ pc and end up sparing money in the long run compared to a console. I have a few console alternatives with os in my signature, check those out.

Checked out your alternatives. All of them are more expensive and some without Windows or peripherals or any free included games found with console bundles. Also you are assuming said user will game online and we're talking about GAME consoles. People want to game, not edit word documents (which is why I won't use the argument that those builds also lack blu-ray). Can you even play GTA V (using as an example of a popular AAA game) on Linux? I'm sure there are some workarounds but performance and usability will never match consoles.