Razer Kraken pro review

Before I start, the only real headphones I have had before these are the audio technica ath-m30s. I have used these headphones for around 5 months so far.

Build Quality 5/10
Build quality is ok, it is all plastic, but good thick plastic. The cable is thinner than the one on the m30s, but that also makes it lighter and more flexible.

Looks 5/10
​Not terrible looks, but they are bulky (like most gaming headsets), and are generally mediocre.

Comfort 5/10
These are ok, i need to adjust them every 30 min.

Sound Quality 6/20
They have pretty bad sound for the cost, my m30s had slightly better sound quality, though they had much less bass and were not as loud. The krakens are pretty loud, I mostly use then at 4-20/100 volume on my laptop.

Microphone 4/10
not great, slightly lower quality than the microphones on my laptop

Overall 25/60 or 4.16/10
not very good, i would not recommend them.

If you liked this review, check out my review of the anker 8200 dpi gaming mouse: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/112135-anker-8200-dpi-gaming-mouse

For anyone doing a review, try to stay away from numbers, your actual review is much better since scores are stupid and never able to be correct.

I personally love when reviews have acctual numbers, especially if I am looking at multiple reviews from the same person.

I personally love when reviews have acctual numbers, especially if I am looking at multiple reviews from the same person.

thing is, a score changes and new things comes out, so one that is way better he finds later might get 10/10, but then there is a better one, what then? well its 10/10 but its better? and its the same with lower numbers, a 5/10 is ok, but is it really? if you see a game review that says 5/10 its SHIT, so numbers aren't even representative most of the time and changes with each new item in the same category that gets reviewed, instead the actual review will say whats good and whats not good,

After the top 10 list any ?/10 is pointless and missinforming

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I like the numbers. Makes it easy to see what you think about the product.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

• 7 months later...

I prefer a PRO and CON list for reviews because standards are always going up. 10/10 will be worth a 1/10 in 10 years

"Do as I say, not as I do" - Linus

​Quote me in a reply to me so I get a notification!

I prefer a PRO and CON list for reviews because standards are always going up. 10/10 will be worth a 1/10 in 10 years

Not for audio, good audio products from 50 years ago are still good.

Cant agree with this review you need to consider what most 80$ under headsets are now days. 

I have this headset coming from SteelSeries Siberia v2 and its 10x better the audio and build quality is so much better. My Siberia v2 broke so fast its not funny my razer products always last. 

looks 5/10 ... is this a joke these are some of best looking headsets ever made its one of main selling points of them. '

The only thing ill agree on is mic not being great but its a hidden mic and is adjustable.  

I rather like these headsets because the mic is hidden i can use them as normal headset as well to listen to music in other places and i can take the pc connections off and its just headphones. 

I would says for me 1 month of use. 

Pro's

-Price point

-Look of headset

-Hidden mic

-Can work much better than most headsets are standard headphones

-Light headset

-Fits my giant head perfectly never had better fit on a headset

Con's

- Bass is to much at times its loudest i have ever heard in a headset. 

- Mic quality is decent at best

-snip-

I have this headset coming from SteelSeries Siberia v2 and its 10x better the audio and build quality is so much better.

The sound quality on these is pathetic, my earbuds that came with my phone have equal quality.

Pro's

-Price point

-Look of headset

-Hidden mic

-Light headset

They looks pretty bad, they are also very bulky.

They aren't very good as normal headphones because they are so f***ing big.

I have the audio technica ath-m30s and they weigh 100g less.

My ath-m30s can also expand to be just as big as the krakens.

It is just pathetic that razer is willing to sell headphones with this bad sound for this price, it is just sad.

If you really want to continue this, i'll ask somebody who knows a lot about headphones to back me up.

I have this headset coming from SteelSeries Siberia v2 and its 10x better the audio and build quality is so much better.

The sound quality on these is pathetic, my earbuds that came with my phone have equal quality.

Pro's

-Price point

-Look of headset

-Hidden mic

-Light headset

It is just pathetic that razer is willing to sell headphones with this bad sound for this price, it is just sad.

If you really want to continue this, i'll ask somebody who knows a lot about headphones to back me up.

Lol there 10x better i like that there big because i have a big head. 

That grammar was horrendous! There are many other headsets/headphones that get just as big... My m30s get just as big if not slightly bigger. 10x better than what? 10x better than just looking at the sound volumes? or is it more the 10x better than broken airplane earbuds which only have one side working so you use two from different devices but that makes the sound timing be off? The krakens suck, i would know, I have them. If somebody admits that a recent purchase they made was terrible, it is pretty goddamn terrible.

Pro's

-Price point

-Look of headset

-Hidden mic

-Light headset

These are best i have used im not even trolling.

I spent 150$ on Sennheiser PC 350's they were crap broke and sound quality and how they fit my head as someone who has glasses was worse. SteelSeries Siberia v2 headet also horrible also horrible. 

After spending so much on Sennheiser PC 350's ill never get an expensive headset like that again when offering at 80$ was better. 

These are best i have used im not even trolling.

I spent 150$ on Sennheiser PC 350's they were crap broke and sound quality and how they fit my head as someone who has glasses was worse. SteelSeries Siberia v2 headet also horrible also horrible. 

Now I know you're either a dumbass, trolling, pulling this out of your ass, or multiple of those.

Now I know you're either a dumbass, trolling, pulling this out of your ass, or multiple of those.

I would recommend Razer Kraken pro over them any day. I honestly found the sound, quality of build and fit of the headset all better.

This is just my experience as a user i only own two razer products a mouse and this headset.  

Dayum guys, chiillll. I'm scared to put a review on here lol.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

It's normally fine, but people decided to be crazy on this one for some reason.

Oh okay.

Phone keeps double posting. Shits getting old. Sorry guys.