Are there any products where nobody but you on LTT recommends?

Mao_Zedong

I know you choose to compare just the gaming aspect. You do this because it is the only possible way to make buying a £350 console AND a £300 laptop (which is what most people end up doing) seem like a better use of money than buying a £350 PC that can perform the functions of both.

You are then calling me biased for making the astronomical leap that a £500 PC provides a "vastly better" gaming experience than a £350 PC.

You are calling me biased for calling £200 of stuff that adds nothing to either productivity functionality, gaming functionality or general ease of use "bullshit" because you are hell bent on making a console seem like good value for including all of this stuff that no one really needs anyway.

You are the one making misrepresentations and ad hominems to desperately make a case that is blatantly false, not me.

You know if you add up most of the gubbins that comes with a standard pre-built gaming PC (wireless cards, AV subscriptions, 5-in-one card readers, etc) it comes to about twice the price of what you could build yourself including all of that. Are you going to start championing the likes of HP and Dell for their value for making their PCs only marginally more expensive than what you could build if you only included the peripherals you actually wanted?

I'm going to quote Tek Syndicate here.

"don't debate with brain dead people" (anyone who thinks console is comparable to PC is brain dead).

Consoles lack the capabilities, customizability, mods, number of games, average cost of games, controller options, and ultimately, the reliability of PC.

On console: Oh, xbox live is getting DDoS'ed somehow, I can't play online 

On PC: Oh, EA servers are getting DDoS'ed, I guess I'll just go play something else on steam.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Please stop that are you trying to kill people's PCs?

People keep saying that shit and I've never seen one fail or set something on fire.

Older mice, like the Microsoft Optical mouse I have.

Still work great.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm going to quote Tek Syndicate here.

"don't debate with brain dead people" (anyone who thinks console is comparable to PC is brain dead).

Consoles lack the capabilities, customizability, mods, number of games, average cost of games, controller options, and ultimately, the reliability of PC.

On console: Oh, xbox live is getting DDoS'ed somehow, I can't play online 

On PC: Oh, EA servers are getting DDoS'ed, I guess I'll just go play something else on steam.

Oh, PSN/XBOX Live is down.... guess ill call a friend over and play some Tekken/Fifa/Nazi Zombies/Forza/SSX/GT....

Which usually means junk food + fun...

while on PC you sit there alongside the snarky hyperactive 14 year olds raging in voip.... Always fun isnt it.

Oh, PSN/XBOX Live is down.... guess ill call a friend over and play some Tekken/Fifa/Nazi Zombies/Forza/SSX/GT....

while on PC you sit there alongside the snarky hyperactive 14 year olds raging in voip.... Always fun isnt it.

I don't use VOIP unless I am playing an MMO and doing raids, which I haven't done for a long time. And you say that like you don't get the exact same thing on console. Nice try.

As for split screen, I've never enjoyed it except for racing games. Everything else (shooters) are too easy on split screen because I can see where the other person is, what they have, and what they are doing, and then adjust my own strategy to compensate.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Steelseries. Everyone here seems to be reccomending Corsair k70's and whatnot but i personally love the 6GV2.

And Teufel Audio

I personally prefer the 7G but yes they make quality boards even of they are dated. Their new board is beyond overpriced.

People keep saying that shit and I've never seen one fail or set something on fire.

And I've seen a couple randomly light up from across the room when I was working in a school computer lab.

Older mice, like the Microsoft Optical mouse I have.

Still work great.

I would like a mint version if possible I only keep finding well used semi broken ones.

Perfect use case for a Wii U ;)

I would like a mint version if possible I only keep finding well used semi broken ones.

What is broken on them?

Mine is still near mint, except for yellow discoloration, a small scuf/scar on the top and 1 stripped screw.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What is broken on them?

Mine is still near mint, except for yellow discoloration, a small scuf/scar on the top and 1 stripped screw.

Side buttons and the double click.

Side buttons and the double click.

Ah, mine is even older. No side buttons.

And now that I think about it, the scroll button is not that great anymore.

Chromebooks

I'm very sorry but I'm duty bound to destroy you. Please hold this live grenade while I get my stuff I use to destroy people.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I am not a fan of the 780.

How come?

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

i feel like im the only one that LOVES the amd fx 9590, every one else just Call it a volcanoe.....

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

cutting off your left leg.

oh wait, nobody rrecommends that?

What can I say, You're allright. 

For me, It'd be Watch_dogs.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Watch Dogs was really meh. The graphics even after the *ahem* still look really nice maxed out (the night lighting has to be some of the best in ANY game)

Another thing I'd recommend is trying out Driver San Francisco. It has a decent story and the driving physics, while drift-happy, work really well for the game.

Also it's gotta have some of the best damage systems for the vehicles in any game, which is especially surprising as they're using licensed cars.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Not a bad game, it just never got interesting. I put it above GTA, though I found GTA to be a steaming pile.

which is why I choose to compare just the gaming aspect. You on the other hand are letting bias blind you (its clear when you say "vastly superior" and "bullshit'). Learn to look past that and maybe you will see. 

A good analogy would be comparing gas mileage between two vehicles. Both seat 2 people but 1 is a car that gets 30mpg and the other is a truck with 15mpg. Me, being unbiased, would say that the 30mpg is better. You on the other hand, would say one is a truck so it offers more flexibility (towing, carrying shit, etc). However, since we're comparing gas mileage, it doesn't matter how flexible it is.

AFAIK, they don't. They're downloaded from their respective stores.

Exactly it depends on the specific persons usage. If they dont have a computer but want a basic one or have a basic one that they can upgrade its probably a cheaper and better method but if all they want is to play some games for a cheaper inital price then a console is an fair option to consider i just picked up a xbox one with Gears UE for 309 NEW Shipped including taxes this comes with wifi it comes with a controller and such all ready to use. You can argue grahpics exclusives and price all day long from all different directions all have there postitives and negatives its not 100% one sided like everyone thinks on here. ( I own a gaming desktop PS4 & Xbone)  

Exactly it depends on the specific persons usage. If they dont have a computer but want a basic one or have a basic one that they can upgrade its probably a cheaper and better method but if all they want is to play some games for a cheaper inital price then a console is an fair option to consider i just picked up a xbox one with Gears UE for 309 NEW Shipped including taxes this comes with wifi it comes with a controller and such all ready to use. You can argue grahpics exclusives and price all day long from all different directions all have there postitives and negatives its not 100% one sided like everyone thinks on here. ( I own a gaming desktop PS4 & Xbone)

I could do a great many things with the money you used to buy that console. Until you can use your software and your choice of multiplayer server consoles will always be a lesser option to a PC. Even if the console had better graphics. I worked for a game developer that dealt with PC and console gamers. All day every day I delt with complaints because the PC players got specials through steam and other stores that the PS4 players didn't get. I could bore you to death with the number of similar complaints. It's not me being a snob.

i feel like im the only one that LOVES the amd fx 9590, every one else just Call it a volcanoe.....

And they are correct in that statement. Why bother spending the extra money.