Are there any products where nobody but you on LTT recommends?

Mao_Zedong

Alright, those who recommend an FX 8350 for gaming show yourselves.

Please stop that are you trying to kill people's PCs?

DragonWar peripherals...

no... just no...

Don't worry, he's a troll.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Define R5. AMD GPUs and NVIDIA GPUs, Intel CPUs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

They work great for me! Luckily I used to collect old computers and still have a few from the 80's that work fine, no PSU fires, no VRM's running after the cat. 5150 owners are reporting failed power supplies, the coating on the windings degrade after 30 plus years resulting in a short. Puff a smoke and a pop but no mushroom could.

Samsung is an awesome brand. My first hd was a Samsung 640 meg, I would avoid Kingston after what they pulled

Good product for sure but the aggressive advertising means I may no longer run it on startup. Just the odd scan here and there which is such a shame because when you cut the crap out, it's p good.

I don't have it as startup or as background process. And I've got pro version which would have more auto-care like stuff.

What about things I don't recommend that lots of people do?

I had this with Corsair PSU before everyone else started also notice how many of them turned out bad.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Fan controllers in general, never see them suggested but I use the hell out of mine.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I don't have it as startup or as background process. And I've got pro version which would have more auto-care like stuff.

I had this with Corsair PSU before everyone else started also notice how many of them turned out bad.

I do as well which is why I don't like how it aggressively advertises.

Fan controllers in general, never see them suggested but I use the hell out of mine.

Cause I only run ASUS boards for the most part which dance around almost all other fan controllers, ever dedicated ones.

Do you recommend any products that nobody else seems to? Personally I love the phanteks ph-tc12ls as a low profile cooler, but over half of the recommendations for it have been by me.

It would be narcissistic to claim being the only one recomending a given product, however, there is far too many people recomending the Hyper 212 evo over better less or equally expensive options

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

I got an Asus x99 Deluxe mobo partly due to me wanting to not use my 5.25" bay fan controller anymore.  I found myself always just leaving it on high and now that it adjusts per cpu temp, it's so much quieter and my temps are still fine lol

Fire poles.

Paragon [ Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz | 16GB @ 1866MHz Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 | ASUS Z87-Pro | Zotac AMP GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair H100i GTX | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | 2 x Crucial M500 240GB SSDs | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Corsair Carbide 300R ] (Backup Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB USB3.0 HDD)

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q }

Cheep psu's like ace 1000w for only like 30 gbp and as a bonus in the winter it realy heats up the house

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

i3 not sure about tomshardware but i know on pcpp any mention of an i3 everyone starts to hate you and say its utter crap

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

i3 not sure about tomshardware but i know on pcpp any mention of an i3 everyone starts to hate you and say its utter crap

For HTPCs, Home PCs/Office pcs they are not bad.

Even for some light-medium gaming they are good and allow for a nice upgrade path. Have you seen the Skylake i3 clocked at 3.9Ghz? I wanna see some benchmarks xD

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

For HTPCs, Home PCs/Office pcs they are not bad.

Even for some light-medium gaming they are good and allow for a nice upgrade path. Have you seen the Skylake i3 clocked at 3.9Ghz? I wanna see some benchmarks xD

well they are great for gaming considering there price, i just want something that talks about bottlenecking correctly, for all we know the a pentium could possibly not bottleneck a titan x and we just got how bottlenecking happens wrong, and why did i not know of that sooner? a 3.9ghz i3 will be devastating against all other budget cpus around $120 and lower

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

well they are great for gaming considering there price, i just want something that talks about bottlenecking correctly, for all we know the a pentium could possibly not bottleneck a titan x and we just got how bottlenecking happens wrong, and why did i not know of that sooner? a 3.9ghz i3 will be devastating against all other budget cpus around $120 and lower

I3-6320

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

I3-6320

i wonder what the clocks of the higher price/end/clocked ones will be since by the name of that one it seems like its the lowest end one

Spoiler

i wonder what the clocks of the higher price/end/clocked ones will be since by the name of that one it seems like its the lowest end one

i3-6100t 3.1Ghz

I3-6300t 3.3Ghz

i3-6100 3.7Ghz

i3-6300 3.8Ghz

i3-6320 3.9Ghz

Lowest to Highest.

i3-6100t 3.1Ghz

I3-6300t 3.3Ghz

i3-6100 3.7Ghz

i3-6300 3.8Ghz

i3-6320 3.9Ghz

Lowest to Highest.

oh, than i was wrong with the tier xD

Spoiler

oh, than i was wrong with the tier xD

This is only of what I know from researching them because I seen them on PCPartPicker and was curiois

This is only of what I know from researching them because I seen them on PCPartPicker and was curiois

didn't know they were on pcpp

Spoiler

Cause I only run ASUS boards for the most part which dance around almost all other fan controllers, ever dedicated ones.

I got an Asus x99 Deluxe mobo partly due to me wanting to not use my 5.25" bay fan controller anymore.  I found myself always just leaving it on high and now that it adjusts per cpu temp, it's so much quieter and my temps are still fine lol

If your MOBO had a temp gauge (readout), I would agree. I run my pump off the CPU fan and the fans for the radiator off of the CPU OPT, I set the fan and separate pump profile in the bios of the MOBO. The fan control lets me check case temps at a glance, not having fan wire running to the MOBO is nice too.

And that lighted touch display.

If anyone asks you never saw me.